Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 17-02-2023, 23:48   #196
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Best Sky Stream offers ended yesterday. I was quoted £65/m last week. Enquired today and it was £90/m
Incidentally, if you have a TV that can handle USB drives you can probably record from Freeview channels onto that
What Sky Stream services were you going for? That sounds a lot!

I tested this out and it’s quite clunky.

And you can only record one at a time.
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2023, 06:33   #197
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
What Sky Stream services were you going for? That sounds a lot!
I was surprised. I put Sky Entertainment , Netflix HD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Superfast Broadband, Multiroom, and Sky Stream in the basket.

If I add BT Sport it’s £115, and I will need a new OpenReach connection

Best value alternative broadband I’ve found is NOW, £22/m

Last edited by nialli; 18-02-2023 at 06:37.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2023, 06:56   #198
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Quote:
I was surprised. I put Sky Entertainment , Netflix HD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Superfast Broadband, Multiroom, and Sky Stream in the basket.

If I add BT Sport it’s £115, and I will need a new OpenReach connection

Best value alternative broadband I’ve found is NOW, £22/m
That’s as much as Sky Q! They no longer do a months trail.

So your had your email/letter?

I was told my price rise will be from 1 May but no notification.

Last edited by oxfordmark; 18-02-2023 at 08:27.
Old 18-02-2023, 09:43   #199
nialli
cf.geek

nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

These prices are from the website on Feb 17. I expect Sky will offer new deals in the coming weeks and a phone call will hopefully get a better deal.
No letter or email yet from Virgin and I’m out of contract in June. It’s the T&C changes that will drive me to leave VM after more than 25 years
Old 18-02-2023, 10:11   #200
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Quote:
These prices are from the website on Feb 17. I expect Sky will offer new deals in the coming weeks and a phone call will hopefully get a better deal.
No letter or email yet from Virgin and I’m out of contract in June. It’s the T&C changes that will drive me to leave VM after more than 25 years
Same, would need a pretty good deal to keep me, but the fact they would be able to do this again without RTC is what’s making me think

Does Sky Stream not do trials anymore?

Last edited by oxfordmark; 18-02-2023 at 10:15.
Old 18-02-2023, 11:16   #201
nialli
cf.geek

Not offering them on the website at the moment
Old 18-02-2023, 12:19   #202
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Not offering them on the website at the moment
On the Topcashback website it says 1 month free (on basic package, with first month discounted on other packages) along with various cashback amounts of up £155. If your thinking of changing it's always worth checking out the cashback available. I'm sure Quidco will be doing similar deals, but don't use them so not sure.
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2023, 13:54   #203
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
On the Topcashback website it says 1 month free (on basic package, with first month discounted on other packages) along with various cashback amounts of up £155. If your thinking of changing it's always worth checking out the cashback available. I'm sure Quidco will be doing similar deals, but don't use them so not sure.
No guarantees with cashback, so don't take it
into account, just treat it as a bonus if get it.
VM didn't honour it when I introduced my son as a new customer.
Still love cashback though, my TCB earnings now stand at £2.6k
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2023, 15:21   #204
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I'm 12 months into an 18-month contract, I was assured on a few occasions during the process and during my 14-day cool-off period that this contract would not be subjected to any price increases.

Today I received the email that my bill is going up £21.50 from May 1st, I currently pay £76 a month.

TV360 is definitely going, (Maxit TV and Sky Cinema) and landline if I can as I don't have a phone connected.

I had just started a free months trial on Sky Stream, (Puc) Picture quality is great, especially on music channels, and the sound is louder than TV360, which was always lower than the original TiVo box.
With Netflix Premium at £8, Discovery+ included, I would save there too.

We never really watch live TV anyways, and maybe one movie a month on Sky Cinema.
There's always Now TV offers on Sky Cinema if there's anything you want to watch.

My offers have ranged from the worst (half price) and the best (free).

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I'm 12 months into an 18-month contract, I was assured on a few occasions during the process and during my 14-day cool-off period that this contract would not be subjected to any price increases.

Today I received the email that my bill is going up £21.50 from May 1st, I currently pay £76 a month.

TV360 is definitely going, (Maxit TV and Sky Cinema) and landline if I can as I don't have a phone connected.

I had just started a free months trial on Sky Stream, (Puc) Picture quality is great, especially on music channels, and the sound is louder than TV360, which was always lower than the original TiVo box.
With Netflix Premium at £8, Discovery+ included, I would save there too.

We never really watch live TV anyways, and maybe one movie a month on Sky Cinema.
There's now far too much of this going on to be able to put it down to staff carelessness alone.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2023, 15:30   #205
Foo Fighter
cf.addict

Foo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enough

Cancellation is in and penalty free

Is there any point waiting for outbound retentions to offer 500mb for around £26?. I guess outbound rententions dont work weekends aswell so it will be too late anyway and i'll be signed up elsewhere.
Foo Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2023, 16:37   #206
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
There's always Now TV offers on Sky Cinema if there's anything you want to watch.

My offers have ranged from the worst (half price) and the best (free).

Thanks I'll have a look at NOW.
---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

There's now far too much of this going on to be able to put it down to staff carelessness alone.
I was assured that my price wouldn't go up within 18 months, just like last time.
I'm worried now because I have recently renegotiated my son's and father-in-laws contract with the same promise.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2023, 00:07   #207
BeeVee
cf.member

Services: VIP50
BeeVee is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm on Volt here. £85 a month to Virgin Media, £27.92 for O2 mobile and £14.81 for a Virgin Mobile Sim only. Contract ends in June. Email says £21.50 increase and I guess the mobile charges will increase by 17% ? Sadly that's the end of me and Virgin after all these years. I have to give notice by the end of March the email says and I will. Goodbye Virgin.
BeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2023, 00:19   #208
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter View Post
Cancellation is in and penalty free

Is there any point waiting for outbound retentions to offer 500mb for around £26?. I guess outbound rententions dont work weekends aswell so it will be too late anyway and i'll be signed up elsewhere.
would not want any more than £22 quid. By the time the 18 month contract it will be going up £14 plus as they obviously increase by pre discount rates x increase
Old 19-02-2023, 07:38   #209
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
I'm on Volt here. £85 a month to Virgin Media, £27.92 for O2 mobile and £14.81 for a Virgin Mobile Sim only. Contract ends in June. Email says £21.50 increase and I guess the mobile charges will increase by 17% ? Sadly that's the end of me and Virgin after all these years. I have to give notice by the end of March the email says and I will. Goodbye Virgin.
I’m the same as you only not had my notification yet. When I get the email I will sign up for a Sky Stream or NOW, the only hassle will be getting OpenReach to install a new connection in the 30 days before Virgin shut me down.
Old 19-02-2023, 08:27   #210
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Quote:
I’m the same as you only not had my notification yet. When I get the email I will sign up for a Sky Stream or NOW, the only hassle will be getting OpenReach to install a new connection in the 30 days before Virgin shut me down.
An ideal world for me would be VM keep me Kn a good BB only package with a free stream for my bedroom.

Then go for Sky Stream in the living room.

Anyone got a full list of channels on VM Stream?