Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | GB News / Talk TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

GB News / Talk TV

Old 01-05-2022, 21:34   #571
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: GB News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

Absolute woke rubbish from you. The war on woke is an important mission.

Nothing inflammatory about "transgender Nazis" in the context of its use. Those who harass people on twitter, etc, are total ****.
While I am not denying there are those who are far too woke, I also believe they aren't as much as a threat as the right would like you to believe. They are merely diverting your attention from their own actions, and trying to make you angry at the left.

And yes, I still believe those who harass others, for whatever reason, are **** and need to be stopped.

Yes, we should respect the rights of every group, but not if it infringes the rights of other minority groups.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2022, 22:09   #572
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Utter bollocks.

0 out of 10 for taking a line out of my entire post to make a bullshit post about right wing stuff. It’s nothing to do with being right wing to have common sense when it comes to there being just two sexes. And I’ll take a qualified biologist view over your armchair claptrap any day.
I mentioned nothing of my views, and have no comment on yours. I disagree with you that it is the big issue of today.
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 22:11   #573
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
While I am not denying there are those who are far too woke, I also believe they aren't as much as a threat as the right would like you to believe. They are merely diverting your attention from their own actions, and trying to make you angry at the left.

And yes, I still believe those who harass others, for whatever reason, are **** and need to be stopped.

Yes, we should respect the rights of every group, but not if it infringes the rights of other minority groups.
Yes, of course.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 22:13   #574
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Poor, I mean even from you, very poor. It’s a very nuanced discussion, that needs to be discussed.

I would have thought someone of your maturity could see that, but no. Just throw in the right v left attack that achieves absolutely zero.

I’ll await your GIF.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

I agree, it is very much in the Twitter verse.

But it is now over spilling into everyday life and discourse. Cancel culture, normalisation in corporations, in child and infant education (most worryingly).

It’s easy and convenient to dismiss, but it is here. To say the majority are worrying about other things is correct, but be warned thing is growing and should be watched…very carefully.
Totally agree…

Using terms like "War against woke", "vicious war", transgender Nazis" isn’t very nuanced, though.

My own views on the subject are very mixed/still forming, because it is a very complex subject - the attacks on Trans people are almost a re-run of the same media attacks in earlier decades on Gay people, but I am uncomfortable with Trans women competing against naturally born women, and I am very uncomfortable with the concept of young children undergoing transitional surgery (if this in fact happens), but when you read of the self-harm/suicide rates of those denied support for transition, it concerns me.

I also think it is wrong for anyone to use the subject to witch-hunt those who disagree with them, whichever side of the discussion/argument they are on…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 01-05-2022 at 22:20.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 22:18   #575
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Totally agree…

Using terms like "War against woke", "vicious war", transgender Nazis" isn’t very nuanced, though - would have thought someone of your maturity could see that

Poor, even from you, very poor…
I didn’t use any of those terms………….hope that helps.
Old 01-05-2022, 22:22   #576
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I didn’t use any of those terms………….hope that helps.
No, but you picked up on me opposing them, but felt free not to comment on them.

I actually realised I was being a bit of a dick posting that, so, I deleted those comments whilst you were typing…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 22:24   #577
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Totally agree…

Using terms like "War against woke", "vicious war", transgender Nazis" isn’t very nuanced, though.

My own views on the subject are very mixed/still forming, because it is a very complex subject - the attacks on Trans people are almost a re-run of the same media attacks in earlier decades on Gay people, but I am uncomfortable with Trans women competing against naturally born women, and I am very uncomfortable with the concept of young children undergoing transitional surgery (if this in fact happens), but when you read of the self-harm/suicide rates of those denied support for transition, it concerns me.

I also think it is wrong for anyone to use the subject to witch-hunt those who disagree with them, whichever side of the discussion/argument they are on…
Old 01-05-2022, 22:25   #578
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
but when you read of the self-harm/suicide rates of those denied support for transition, it concerns me.
When you look into the stories of those that regret transitioning or detranstioned - you’ll be even more concerned

Quote:
Agreed, but I think you may find the hate, is not on the side you may think it is.
Old 01-05-2022, 23:04   #579
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: GB News / Talk TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
This is all a very 'online' discussion and yet it generates a lot of anger at something that doesn't impact the day to day lives of the vast majority of people in this country. Richardr is right that most people seem to be concerned about their energy bills and wider cost of living.
I was not talking about every day issues, so no, he wasn’t right, he took my line out of context!

Any way people need to get back on topic.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 13:42   #580
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

As you may know, my niece is in a same-sex relationship, her ex (Names changed was call Alexa is transitioning to a male and is now call Aaron). It isn't why they split, but to my niece, her age group is more tuned to the whole gender ID situation.
Old 02-05-2022, 14:43   #581
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

It’s definitely part of their everyday discourse, however so much of that is drawn from social media channels that aren’t known for their balance or intellectual rigour. There are some glaring inconsistencies in gender ideology that are all too often ignored by the shouting down of those who attempt to address them, as well as some uncomfortable issues around equality. To be honest I find the whole issue of men demanding the right to access women-only safe spaces, or access to women’s sports, troubling. Misogyny dressed up as gender equality is still misogyny. A man may declare they feel they’re a woman, and they may choose to live as one; they can even have surgery or take hormones to make themselves resemble one. But no man can ever claim to have the lived experience of birth, growth and development as a girl, into womanhood.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 15:56   #582
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

My gut instinct is that most people in the UK would be against those not born as female competing in women's sports and in children having gender reassignment surgery and/or drugs.

The rest is probably still up for debate and Chris and Hugh have offered some sensible thoughts on this matter.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 16:53   #583
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Back on topic, which is not sex changes.
Old 04-05-2022, 20:10   #584
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Ouch.

Quote:
The News Desk, the channel’s hour-long political show hosted by Tom Newton Dunn, did not register a single viewer for half of its Tuesday evening broadcast. Although this does not rule out the possibility that some people were watching somewhere in the UK, it means the television audience was so small that it was not picked up by official rating agency, the Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board.

The audience for Morgan’s flagship 8pm evening show also collapsed from an average of 317,000 viewers on its launch night to 62,000 viewers a week later – a fall of 80%.

Morgan, who tweeted gleefully about his first night television ratings, now insists he does not care about such figures. He told his social media followers that television ratings should be ignored: “Linear TV increasingly irrelevant to total eyeball potential for a global show like this, especially with younger viewers who don’t really watch TV any more.”
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...re_btn_tw&s=08
Old 04-05-2022, 20:14   #585
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Farage's GB News programme was cut for the last 10 minutes just as he was getting to the vinegar stroke on the Hunter Biden affair. He was talking to the American journalist who broke the story a couple of years back and who explained how the Democrat establishment managed to smother the story.

In the spirit of conspiracy theory, the programming returned for the end of programme adverts.

No explanation yet from GB News.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote