Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Blatter presides over new FIFA crisis

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Blatter presides over new FIFA crisis

Old 30-05-2015, 07:22   #31
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Blatter presides over new FIFA crisis

well its nice to see that all swept under the carpet now we can get back to the real business of bribery corruption and money laundering

what am i bid for the big match
Old 30-05-2015, 08:47   #32
Carlos Carboni

He is 79, president of FIFA, plenty of free dosh (corrupt/ back handers, who cares) and on top of that, a trophy cougar!

?
Old 30-05-2015, 09:39   #33
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Blatter blames Europe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32941740
Old 30-05-2015, 10:16   #34
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Methinks the sponsors are saying just enough to give the impression they're serious without being so. I think they're calculating that Blatter will ride out the storm and unless there's a financial reason for acting they'll do nothing.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 11:14   #35
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Zero surprise here. He's playing to his supporters. Starting as he means to go on, cementing his power base.

What, did anyone seriously think he was going to do anything positive?
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 11:48   #36
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/sp...&nlid=64458123

Quote:
Fourteen people have been indicted in bribery and kickback schemes linked to corruption in the highest echelons of FIFA. And United States authorities say more charges are all but certain.
“I’m fairly confident that we will have another round of indictments,” said Richard Weber, the chief of the I.R.S. unit in charge of criminal investigations.
Old 30-05-2015, 12:56   #37
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32941740

Blatter said:

Quote:
"I've just been elected tor a fifth term, there can't be that much wrong with me."
Oh really?
Old 30-05-2015, 13:13   #38
dave6x
Inactive

Services: VM BBL 3Mb> 10Mb> 20Mb> 30Mb> 50Mb> 70Mb
dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Methinks the sponsors are saying just enough to give the impression they're serious without being so. I think they're calculating that Blatter will ride out the storm and unless there's a financial reason for acting they'll do nothing.
I was thinking I would do my bit and boycott FIFA sponsors products but:
I don't eat McDonalds
I don't drink Coca Cola or any of their brands
I don't wear Adidas
I wouldn't drink Budweiser if you paid me to
etc.

Ah well I suppose it's the thought that counts!!!
dave6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 17:49   #39
Osem
Inactive

Blatter has resigned.

Good riddance but let's hope they appoint someone credible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32982449

Can't help thinking there's something more to this decision than just media pressure.
Old 02-06-2015, 17:51   #40
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes its certainly true but one must hope they will appoint someone who can bring change and everybody together again for the betterment of the game.
Old 02-06-2015, 17:58   #41
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Blatter has resigned.

Good riddance but let's hope they appoint someone credible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32982449

Can't help thinking there's something more to this decision than just media pressure.
There's no way he'd do this off his own bat. Something very nasty is headed his way. He has jumped before he was pushed.

The next few days and weeks will be very interesting.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 18:02   #42
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
There's no way he'd do this off his own bat. Something very nasty is headed his way. He has jumped before he was pushed.

The next few days and weeks will be very interesting.
you'd make a terrible defense lawyer
Old 02-06-2015, 18:04   #43
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Yes that's how l see it as well as there have been a lot of rumours about something bigger revelation wise being broke in the coming days regarding someone very high up in FIFA.
Old 02-06-2015, 18:19   #44
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

something that has been posted on a few dutch news forums I frequent...

also might appeal to the ManU fans.

DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 18:29   #45
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Has he gone yet or can he delay calling an extraordinary elective Congress?

Quote:
While I have a mandate from the membership of Fifa, I do not feel that I have a mandate from the entire world of football – the fans, the players, the clubs, the people who live, breathe and love football as much as we all do at Fifa. Therefore, I have decided to lay down my mandate at an extraordinary elective Congress. I will continue to exercise my functions as Fifa President until that election. The next ordinary Fifa Congress will take place on 13 May 2016 in Mexico City.
You can read the full transcript of Blatter's speach here ( post timed at 18:18) ... http://www.theguardian.com/football/...on-claims-live