Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal
Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2020, 23:35   #3181
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit-Transitional Period Ends 31/12/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I’ve provided more than enough evidence on this particular issue.

So in light of all the evidence you wish to ignore, I’ll dismiss you again, on this matter, you Know nothing, you’re coming across as an idiot.

If you carry on, you’ll only be confirming the proposition.
You are a parody of your former self, Pierre. As the Nostradamus of this situation can you advise, as at when you type from “I know something you don’t know headquarters“, if the steer is to avoid UK stocks or buy?

If you can’t answer the easy ones I’ve no real optimism for the challenging ones.

Name your company too. For transparency to prove you are telling the truth you stand by and not just spewing rhetoric in favour of one political party. I suspect you will not...

Last edited by jfman; 19-07-2020 at 23:39.
Advertisement
Old 19-07-2020, 23:38   #3182
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
An “engineer” sounds more like manual labour than stakeholder relationship to me. That said I’m sure, behind your keyboard, you will prove me wrong as ever.
It is blindingly obvious from Pierre’s many highly technical contributions to this forum over a great many years that he has the expertise he says he does. I think you need to back off a bit ... you’ve argued yourself into a corner here and if you persist in trying to discount his informed views on this issue by making daft claims about his supposed lack of expertise you’re just going to make yourself look silly.
Old 19-07-2020, 23:41   #3183
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It is blindingly obvious from Pierre’s many highly technical contributions to this forum over a great many years that he has the expertise he says he does. I think you need to back off a bit ... you’ve argued yourself into a corner here and if you persist in trying to discount his informed views on this issue by making daft claims about his supposed lack of expertise you’re just going to make yourself look silly.
I’ve seen nothing to indicate he has any knowledge of the involvement of Huawei, or anyone else, and the implications for national security above that in the public domain.

My reading is that he is opining above his station. However this will of course be difficult to evidence as it’s “an opinion”.

I remind the forum that when I challenged him on this fact I was told to “do one”. Behaviour I’d personally consider below reasonable etiquette. Unless of course the moderating team seek to create a two tier forum?

It’d be helpful also if Pierre flagged “professional insight” from speculation as well.

Last edited by jfman; 19-07-2020 at 23:54.
Old 20-07-2020, 04:06   #3184
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I’ve seen nothing to indicate he has any knowledge of the involvement of Huawei, or anyone else, and the implications for national security above that in the public domain.

My reading is that he is opining above his station. However this will of course be difficult to evidence as it’s “an opinion”.

I remind the forum that when I challenged him on this fact I was told to “do one”. Behaviour I’d personally consider below reasonable etiquette. Unless of course the moderating team seek to create a two tier forum?

It’d be helpful also if Pierre flagged “professional insight” from speculation as well.
Remember a few posts ago when Pierre said he would call you stupid but that would be an insult?

He was correct, it would have been an insult to stupid people.
Old 20-07-2020, 12:39   #3185
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I'm not sure how much this will impact us if we're not Amazon merchants or buy from Amazon, but I'm sharing this here.

Quote:
The Amazon FBA Brexit bombshell has dropped which will significantly impact your Amazon business from the 1st of January 2021. Amazon’s UK FBA operations will be split from the EU with no more EFN (European Fufilment Network) and an end to Pan-European FBA inventory transfers between the UK and EU....

The logistical impact will be a higher barrier to entry to selling on mainland Europe from the UK. If you want international sales from Europe then you will be forced to split your stock (which will probably mean higher inventory holding and additional costs) and send part of your stock to a warehouse in Europe (with the associated additional shipping costs compared to the UK).
https://tamebay.com/2020/07/amazon-f...ds-for-uk.html
Old 20-07-2020, 13:39   #3186
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

At least we're well out of this kind of thing.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-fund-12031925
Old 20-07-2020, 14:08   #3187
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Engineer is not manual labour, it is a skilled technical position in Telecomms.

Before retiring, I worked at a number of Universities, and used to attend RUGIT (Russell Group IT Directors Group) meetings, and we often had "off agenda" briefings from representatives from the National Cyber Security Centre (which is part of GCHQ) - there were often warnings about how Chinese students were actively copying/taking back to China proprietary research findings, and how we should be mitigating this (difficult in Universities, who believe knowledge should be shared), and how they had concerns about any Chinese manufacturers tech being embedded in our networks (pro’s were it was cheaper, con’s were it was often built with stolen copyrighted technologies, and concerns about backdoor security potential breaches).
He knows that, Hugh, he's just being insulting and argumentative.
Old 20-07-2020, 14:08   #3188
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
At least we're well out of this kind of thing.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-fund-12031925
”well out of" leaders trying to help each other’s countries, but at the same time looking out for their own countries/economies?

I thought we wanted countries to be able to make their own decisions, rather than being over-ruled by the EU?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 20-07-2020, 14:11   #3189
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

We're still waiting to see your 'economist' credentials, jfman. Just sayin'...
Old 20-07-2020, 14:26   #3190
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
We're still waiting to see your 'economist' credentials, jfman. Just sayin'...
l suspect at the end of the day none of us have any economic credentials as such so its just one persons opinion against another persons opinion.
Old 20-07-2020, 14:37   #3191
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

https://www.totaltele.com/view.aspx?ID=506546

More woe for Huawei
Old 20-07-2020, 14:38   #3192
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
if you say that fast, it even sounds Chinese
Old 20-07-2020, 14:40   #3193
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
”well out of" leaders trying to help each other’s countries, but at the same time looking out for their own countries/economies?

I thought we wanted countries to be able to make their own decisions, rather than being over-ruled by the EU?
We’ll see how it resolves itself. If it resolves itself.
Old 20-07-2020, 21:20   #3194
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:

There are 447m people in the EU. If the EU leaders agree on stimulus grants totalling 390 billion EUR, that's nearly 900 EUR per person in the EU.

No wonder the "frugal five" are baulking at this.

And you mock Pierre's view that we are "well out" of their mess? Dear oh dear.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 20-07-2020, 22:04   #3195
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

UK Government runs out of time to introduce a replacement to "CE" labelling. Maybe the Government just needs to believe more and the replacement will magically appear ?

Quote:
The government has run out of time to introduce a new UK quality assurance scheme to replace the EU’s “CE” product labelling system at the end of the Brexit transition period, industry has warned.

With less than six months before the Brexit transition period expires, the government has still not published details of how its own planned mark — the UK Conformity Assessed (UKCA) — will operate, causing rising frustrations among manufacturers.

The CE marks are essential for legally placing products in EU markets, covering vast numbers of industrial products, from car brakes and airbags to industrial pressure valves and electromagnetic engine safety tests.

Honda, the Japanese car and marine engine maker, called on government ministers to “urgently update” its plans for the UK scheme or risk interrupting component supplies to its UK base in Swindon.

“Honda is calling on the government to urgently update its guidance on CE markings to ensure that we can continue to supply cars, motorcycles, marine engines and power equipment to customers in the UK beyond the end of the transition period,” the company said in a statement issued to the Financial Times.

“The remaining time in 2020 is simply too short to design, test and guarantee compliance with whatever the new UK requirements will be before the end of the year.”

In 2019 the previous government said that the CE mark would be recognised in the UK for a limited period in the event of a “no-deal” Brexit, but that advice was rescinded in January and has since not been updated.
https://www.ft.com/content/16a10238-...9-a48c0b00c96b

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
There are 447m people in the EU. If the EU leaders agree on stimulus grants totalling 390 billion EUR, that's nearly 900 EUR per person in the EU.

No wonder the "frugal five" are baulking at this.

And you mock Pierre's view that we are "well out" of their mess? Dear oh dear.
How much has the UK spent? I suspect the Magic Money Forest has paid out more than €900 per person in the UK. Ironically, BoJo has got his wish to be compared to Churchill - he has indebted the country to levels last seen when Churchill was PM.
Closed Thread