Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New price rises 2021!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New price rises 2021!

Old 17-01-2021, 21:45   #76
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: New price rises 2021!

I'm in
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
That's good. We've also still got Mix TV, I made sure that they wouldn't move us on to one of the new packs this suits us perfectly.
Mix suits me down to the ground . Would not want to change . Offered mixit and 200 meg for the same cost but only for 12 months then 6 months at split the difference . Non starter .
Will wait for price increase then cancel.
Old 20-01-2021, 02:51   #77
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
That's good. We've also still got Mix TV, I made sure that they wouldn't move us on to one of the new packs this suits us perfectly.
Yeah 'Mix' seems to have more channels than the newer alternative and I was advised last year to hold onto it.

Just wish you could delete the thousands of Asian/Religious/Kids channels or make them an optional bolt-on, though!

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 08:20   #78
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Sky do 18 month contracts - BT now only do 24 month and are reducing the available channel line-up almost monthly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post
They satisfied my 'new customer' price stipulation, so agreed.
Don't much like the new 18 month contracts - But I can only assume there'll be another price increase/get-out clause before then!

Tom
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:38   #79
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Just got our rise letter. £4

It's odd, it's on nice paper but pretty much just a 1 line "pay us £4 more a month, or you can leave. Toodles" Usually they at least try and list their 'benefits'
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 22:32   #80
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
It's odd, it's on nice paper but pretty much just a 1 line "pay us £4 more a month, or you can leave. Toodles" Usually they at least try and list their 'benefits'
At least they sent you a letter. Three have just sent me a text which is basically "From 16/02 we're putting your calls up 300%, texts and data 500%. Toodles."
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 22:52   #81
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Who's this 'Toodles' that's putting everyones bills up ? Rotten swine whoever he is.
He's not sent me a letter yet
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 02:45   #82
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
"pay us £4 more a month, or you can leave. Toodles"
Call retentions and the phone system will offer you the exact amount of the rise before even transferring through to a human! - It's laughable

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 06:13   #83
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age

Well I spent 2 hours on the phone on Thursday tea time, apparently even though my contract says I was paying £24.74 its not fixed and they can put the price up.

The first person couldn't do anything and ended up put through to someone else, said best he could do was to recontract me which I was fine with and it would cost me 50p more a month, fair play. Said contract would be emailed out and told me my prices.

Anyway email comes in with contract on and its £21.74 fixed for 18 months so 3 less than what I am paying already! Not going to argue but so disorganised with it all.
Old 23-01-2021, 07:52   #84
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Who's this 'Toodles' that's putting everyones bills up ? Rotten swine whoever he is.
He's not sent me a letter yet
No letter, no email or anything thus so far to our household.
Old 23-01-2021, 08:11   #85
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Well I spent 2 hours on the phone on Thursday tea time, apparently even though my contract says I was paying £24.74 its not fixed and they can put the price up.

The first person couldn't do anything and ended up put through to someone else, said best he could do was to recontract me which I was fine with and it would cost me 50p more a month, fair play. Said contract would be emailed out and told me my prices.

Anyway email comes in with contract on and its £21.74 fixed for 18 months so 3 less than what I am paying already! Not going to argue but so disorganised with it all.
Your contract will probably be dated from the date you called and agreed to the new contract, so you will still see the affect of the price rise from March.

£21.74 + £3.50 = £25.24 which is 50p more than you were paying before.
SonicMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 10:24   #86
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

They say on the 'phone that a new contract from now will not get a price rise in March.

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

We didn't get any notification - I asked and was told Oomph are not getting a price rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No letter, no email or anything thus so far to our household.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 11:02   #87
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

The letter arrived. Up £4 to £99.85. 200mbps, Full House and Talk weekend.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 12:03   #88
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
You definitely want to get that renegotiated I'm paying £82 for the same plus Talk anytime and an extra box.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 14:14   #89
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
That is terrible every year I get top package for 99 pounds for my parents, brother, and a few friends

This year is was the most I've paid at £116.50 for Oomph and extra 3rd box, this £4.50 gives me a reason to get it closer to £99

Will ring them tomorrow
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 10:16   #90
MrBeans
cf.member

MrBeans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I recently received the letter informing me my price is increasing to £4.50 p/m but not until my current contract ends (which is at the beginning of May). The letter says I can change or cancel my current contract anytime before the 26th February without any cancellation charges.

I am currently paying £110 p/m going up to £139 if I continue after May, I am on the Ultimate Oomph bundle with 2 V6 boxes (however I only use one as I don't have a TV in the bedroom, just the lounge).

I did phone up retentions this weekend and asked about the new TV 360 boxes/package and they said they could upgrade me to that with the new WiFi boosters but it would put my current package up to £120 p/m but would mean no further price rise for 18 months. I said I would think about it first and get back to them.

I was hoping to be paying less not more but if I'm being honest with myself, I've been watching less and less TV since March and have mostly been watching YouTube and streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime. I am just wondering whether to cancel everything and just take out a new contract for broadband and home phone only.

What do you guys think? Is it worth renegotiating? Virgin have always said that I wouldn't save much by ditching the TV and just having broadband and that I only get the deal I do as it's part of a bundle so it's never seemed worth my changing really.

Any advice would be great please.
MrBeans is offline   Reply With Quote