Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 19:26   #4081
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Netflix uk growth started to slow down when Netflix blocked vpns etc.
Yeah, i got rid of it then.
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2018, 20:21   #4082
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Netflix uk growth started to slow down when Netflix blocked vpns etc.
I severely doubt that's true , the amount using VPN's was probably tiny.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:21   #4083
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I severely doubt that's true , the amount using VPN's was probably tiny.
I assume that also covers the DNS services that 'unlocked' content from other regions, which were easier for people to use and likely more popular than a full VPN.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:39   #4084
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I assume that also covers the DNS services that 'unlocked' content from other regions, which were easier for people to use and likely more popular than a full VPN.
Yes including those , the reason the studios acted was because it was starting to get put all over the internet with the methods and who to use.
Old 10-01-2018, 14:19   #4085
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes they're blocked too, i personally kept Netflix there is still plenty of content on there and with Netflix making more and more original content £8p/m is an absolute bargain, it was nice why the vpns lasted but these things happen.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Yes including those , the reason the studios acted was because it was starting to get put all over the internet with the methods and who to use.
Spot on once word got around across the web the studios had no choice really but to act.
The same is now happening with nbcsports they are gradually blocking vpns and smart dns.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------
Old 15-01-2018, 16:36   #4086
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Yes they're blocked too, i personally kept Netflix there is still plenty of content on there and with Netflix making more and more original content £8p/m is an absolute bargain, it was nice why the vpns lasted but these things happen.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

Spot on once word got around across the web the studios had no choice really but to act.
The same is now happening with nbcsports they are gradually blocking vpns and smart dns.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------
Luckily so far (he says touching a large piece of wood) NBC have only blocked the more popular services that blabbermouths who don't realise they are onto a good thing boast about in very public forums,
the more obscure service we both use seems to be working well still and it has a very good customer service who respond to and fix issues very quickly.
Old 15-01-2018, 18:49   #4087
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Luckily so far (he says touching a large piece of wood) NBC have only blocked the more popular services that blabbermouths who don't realise they are onto a good thing boast about in very public forums,
the more obscure service we both use seems to be working well still and it has a very good customer service who respond to and fix issues very quickly.
Indeed the one we use is still working with nbcsports and US netflix.
Old 15-01-2018, 21:54   #4088
theone2k10
Inactive

Free sports channel "Stadium" has now launched on ROKU (USA) i posted this as people in uk do use ROKU USA.
Stadium is also available on the free platform Pluto tv.
Old 16-01-2018, 07:50   #4089
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Free sports channel "Stadium" has now launched on ROKU (USA) i posted this as people in uk do use ROKU USA.
Pluto is available over here as well, although I don't know if we get the same content as the US.
Old 16-01-2018, 13:53   #4090
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Pluto is available over here as well, although I don't know if we get the same content as the US.

Is that the cartoon version, OB?...................
Old 16-01-2018, 14:14   #4091
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Is that the cartoon version, OB?...................
That made me laugh!
Old 16-01-2018, 14:23   #4092
johnathome
cf.geek

johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Is that the same Stadium that streamed some free college football games on Facebook during the season?
Old 16-01-2018, 15:50   #4093
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No far less content on the UK version of plutotv no live sport, no movies either.
I do believe though wrestling inc is coming to uk plutotv and over time i do think the uk version will grow too with more content.

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Is that the same Stadium that streamed some free college football games on Facebook during the season?
Yes i think so you can view it here too though no vpn or smart dns needed https://watchstadium.com/live/
Old 16-01-2018, 23:40   #4094
johnathome
cf.geek

Quote:

Yes i think so you can view it here too though no vpn or smart dns needed https://watchstadium.com/live/
Excellent, someone needs to make a kodi addon for that
Old 17-01-2018, 13:39   #4095
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Amazon have launched an EPG for live channels on Fire TV in the States.

https://amazonfiretv.blog/live-tv-ha...v-2e357d13c0fc

Is this a step forward or a step backwards for the streaming giant? A streaming service trying to replicate a linear TV service. Interesting.
Closed Thread