Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2018, 01:24   #5116
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

Oooh looks like I upset the CF Spelling Policeman, you knew which word I meant.

Well as you know some on here collect spelling/grammar mistakes like woman of a certain age collect thimbles
Advertisement
Old 16-12-2018, 08:06   #5117
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
He can choose to revoke his European Status if he likes, just like I revoke my EU Citizenship, mainly because I don't want to be associated with a dictatorial corrupt entity AKA the EU, he is British first, everything after that is irrelevant.
You will be an EU citizen until we leave the EU or you are awarded citizenship of a non-EU country. We joined the EU together, we leave it together.

---------- Post added at 07:59 ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Indeed. There are those who, for their own political reasons, cynically adjust each of the input parameters to their model (BoE and treasury) to produce the worst possible outcome and then tout this as what is going to happen then the media lap it up and spit it out across their biased networks (BBC)

I wonder why we never hear what might happen when all the parameters are set for the best possible outcome?
We have heard it and it still shows us worse off than remaining. Many Brexiters acknowledge this and say it's a price worth paying.

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
We should have arranged a Brexit thread Christmas night out.
Lol, we'd probably need two separate venues.
Old 16-12-2018, 08:28   #5118
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Nope my passport says I’m a British Citizen, no other status applies. The EU is a dictatorial, corrupted entity that I have no desire, nor want to be associated with and the UK has legitimately voted to leave this cancerous dirty empire. A 2nd losers vote for the democracy abusers will be illegitimate.
Old 16-12-2018, 09:39   #5119
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Theresa May condemns Tony Blair's call for second referendum - but allies are secretly preparing for fresh public vote
The prime minister hit out at predecessor Tony Blair, who on Friday told Sky News she should "switch course" and back a second referendum because of deadlock in parliament.
Yet behind the scenes, her de-facto deputy David Lidington has discussed a new poll with Labour MPs.
And her chief of staff, Gavin Barwell, was forced to deny reports on Sunday that he was planning for a second referendum.
Over the past fortnight, Mr Lidington has held a series of meetings with Labour MPs, including one on Thursday with leading campaigners for a so-called "people's vote".
https://news.sky.com/story/theresa-m...-vote-11582616
Old 16-12-2018, 09:51   #5120
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well she might soon not have any choice in these coming weeks whether one likes it or not Andrew.
Old 16-12-2018, 10:22   #5121
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
May says one thing.
Her de-facto deputy and her chief of staff meeting Labour MPs.
Amber Rudd says there needs to be a cross party consensus.

These people aren’t the shambles they are made out to be. This is deliberate. It’s testing the water moving towards “we had no choice but to put it back to the people .
Old 16-12-2018, 11:40   #5122
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
May says one thing.

These people aren’t the shambles they are made out to be. This is deliberate. It’s testing the water moving towards “we had no choice but to put it back to the people .
That’s fanciful. Politicians equivocate, as subtly as possible, when they’re trying to say one thing while planning to do something else. They don’t launch a broadside at a former prime minister and accuse him of insulting the office he held, for suggesting the course of action she (supposedly, secretly) wants to take.

Face facts ... May knows Brexit will be her one legacy and she’s hell bent on delivering it. There won’t be a second referendum and there won’t be any significant departure from the deal on the table. She’s going to run the clock down, effectively playing chicken with the legislature, to see if there’s any way of getting the deal done when No Deal is the only real, imminent alternative.
Old 16-12-2018, 11:46   #5123
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
May says one thing.

I had similar thoughts a week or so ago . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Maybe it's not the shambles that we think it is.

Let's go back to the referendum result, the one where the public voted to leave the EU.

After the result was in, Government, Business and Financial sectors should have started to make preparations for leaving the EU . . including the so called 'hard brexit'.

Instead they all sat around scratching their heads, looking uncomfortable and muttering 'well that didn't go how we thought it would'.

Then some bright spark decided the best way to deal with it was to fudge, obfuscate, manipulate, and spread dissent so that it all decended into a farce that would end with no brexit at all.
Old 16-12-2018, 11:46   #5124
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Nope my passport says I’m a British Citizen, no other status applies. The EU is a dictatorial, corrupted entity that I have, nor want to be associated with and the UK has legitimately voted to leave this cancerous dirty empire. A 2nd losers vote for the democracy abusers will be illegitimate.
It also states you are in the European Union...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg passport.jpg (116.2 KB, 44 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 16-12-2018, 11:49   #5125
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Nope, wrong as usual Hugh - It says in the Nationality part: British Citizen, nothing else - I am not a EU citizen.
Old 16-12-2018, 11:59   #5126
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
That’s fanciful. Politicians equivocate, as subtly as possible, when they’re trying to say one thing while planning to do something else. They don’t launch a broadside at a former prime minister and accuse him of insulting the office he held, for suggesting the course of action she (supposedly, secretly) wants to take.

Face facts ... May knows Brexit will be her one legacy and she’s hell bent on delivering it. There won’t be a second referendum and there won’t be any significant departure from the deal on the table. She’s going to run the clock down, effectively playing chicken with the legislature, to see if there’s any way of getting the deal done when No Deal is the only real, imminent alternative.
Attacking Blair gets good headlines and makes her appear strong.

I’m not sure she does see Brexit as a legacy, delivering Remain and steering the country through the crisis would be a legacy in itself. I think she has to play chicken with Parliament to frame this as MPs meddling.
Old 16-12-2018, 11:59   #5127
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Nope, wrong as usual Hugh - It says in the Nationality part: British Citizen, nothing else - I am not a EU citizen.
Anyone who is a British citizen is also an EU citizen.
Quote:
Any national of an EU country is considered to be a citizen of the EU. EU citizenship does not replace national citizenship: it is an addition to it.
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/summary/gl...tizenship.html
Old 16-12-2018, 12:11   #5128
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Under the Maastricht Treaty, signed in 1992 by the UK, yes, you are - under this treaty, European citizenship was created, allowing citizens to reside in and move freely between Member States.

you may not want to be a EU Citizen, but legally, you are.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 16-12-2018, 12:15   #5129
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Anyone who is a British citizen is also an EU citizen.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/summary/gl...tizenship.html
I've no quarrel with Andrew here. But this is a ridiculous sub-topic. When we leave the EU, all this nit-picking aspect will be put to bed particularly as Lex-Europa will no longer apply.

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

Quote:
May says one thing.

May's dread would be alignment with her nemesis, Blair.

TM is determined that the UK shall leave the EU and that there is no 2nd referendum.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 16-12-2018, 12:16   #5130
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Theresa May has denied many things before and then gone on to do exactly what she denied. We may not instantly recall her denying that she would not hold an election but the memory of her saying that the vote on her deal would not be postponed is still fresh.
I think Brexiters need to accept the hard facts that there is a possibility of a second referendum...and also that they may not win it. I don't want another referendum to happen but I believe the chances of it happening are steadily growing as shown by recent developments.
Closed Thread