Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 26-04-2013, 07:50   #3646
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Nothing down here in bedfordshire
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2013, 09:45   #3647
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I got a tiny shaft myself, last night (steady!):

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

But nothing like the huge shaft on that graph.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 10:10   #3648
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Nothing here

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 11:52   #3649
robson689
Inactive

Services: VM 60Mbit, TiVo.
robson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about them

I've got the same as you again roughbeast.

robson689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 12:29   #3650
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

There seems to be a lot of testosterone around in the mornings!

Remembering the last widespread bump we had it became clear that there was a problem at peak times with the gateway from VM networks to shared networks. However this appendage looks different and starts when most people are still in bed. Its onset and demise are very abrupt like the last bump, but it plateaus throughout. It looks controlled and deliberate to me. Could it be the result of off-peak works on certain cross-country data routes?

An explanation would be good. Trouble is it is so hard to post a TBB graph in the help forum I get put off posting there.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 13:10   #3651
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

I have that bump to in the morning (120Mb) in Lincoln.

GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 17:07   #3652
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

here`s mine today.
trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 18:06   #3653
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

@ trueblood

It looks like you had a reboot at around 10:00. Did you change to two upstream channels?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 18:40   #3654
Lykaios19899
Inactive

Lykaios19899 is an unknown quantity at this point

For everyone else with the weird spike, where does your tracert's take you,

I found a NOC on enta net regarding the Telford data centre and VM's connectivity : http://noc.enta.net/2013/04/planned-...-connectivity/
Lykaios19899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 18:58   #3655
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
@ trueblood

It looks like you had a reboot at around 10:00. Did you change to two upstream channels?
Yes your correct, just checked Shub 2 upstream ch. My area speed doubling should complete end of may, so does this mean its early ?.
trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 21:31   #3656
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

The shaft has now become an evening feature. Given that it affects my internet performance this is exactly where it is not needed.

BTW. If anyone would like to add their comments please feel free to do so here. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...1816702#M21379 Attempts are being made to raise the profile of the issue.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 22:41   #3657
weegiegeek
Inactive

weegiegeek is a name known to allweegiegeek is a name known to allweegiegeek is a name known to allweegiegeek is a name known to allweegiegeek is a name known to allweegiegeek is a name known to allweegiegeek is a name known to allweegiegeek is a name known to all

You got double shafted?!

VM haven't seen fit to shaft me, yet... I just have lots of little spikes, as usual.
weegiegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 23:32   #3658
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Still not got upstream bonding in uddingston but it's not unusual as uddingston is always the last part of vm network to get any upgrades
Old 26-04-2013, 23:42   #3659
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I've just noticed that I now have two upstreams as well (Liverpool). The 120 upgrade is still listed as July-September so I don't know if that's significant.

No idea when that happened, not checked in a couple of weeks.

EDIT: On closer inspection, it might have just happened today at about 4pm -

Also found this in the Modem log:

Quote:
Fri Apr 26 15:15:08 2013 Fri Apr 26 15:15:22 2013 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Fri Apr 26 15:15:23 2013 Fri Apr 26 15:15:23 2013 Critical (3) Ranging Request Retries exhausted
Fri Apr 26 15:15:24 2013 Fri Apr 26 15:15:24 2013 Critical (3) Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted
Fri Apr 26 15:19:06 2013 Fri Apr 26 15:19:21 2013 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Fri Apr 26 15:19:22 2013 Fri Apr 26 15:19:22 2013 Critical (3) Ranging Request Retries exhausted
Fri Apr 26 15:19:22 2013 Fri Apr 26 15:19:22 2013 Critical (3) Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted
Fri Apr 26 15:19:26 2013 Fri Apr 26 15:26:58 2013 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Fri Apr 26 15:26:59 2013 Fri Apr 26 15:26:59 2013 Critical (3) Ranging Request Retries exhausted
Fri Apr 26 15:26:59 2013 Fri Apr 26 15:26:59 2013 Critical (3) Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 03:15   #3660
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

My Graph

Looks like I have been hit too!

What is going on with NTL?
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote