Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | June Price Rises?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

June Price Rises?

Old 07-07-2006, 17:19   #121
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: June Price Rises?

your posted started well until you said only reason to adsl is if you not in a cable area.

that is probably an assumption that all of adsl lines are inferior to all of cable lines which I dont agree with.

If you have a short line then adsl is probably superior to cable, even with my problems browsing is much faster and less problematic then it was on ntl and I have no ping fluctuations or speed fluctuations.

Some areas of cable remember have nasty contention so in those cases if someone is near a phone exchange they would most likely benefit by switching to adsl.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2006, 22:22   #122
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

It's not as though I live in the sticks, I am less that 2Km from the BT Exchange (as the crow flies, not that that means anything).
Aren't BT currently replacing their twisted pairs with fibre at a cost of billions?, that tells me that even BT realise that ultimately Cable is the way to go.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:54   #123
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

you can have a short crow distance but doesnt mean you line is short.

I am 1.65km crow distance and in a city area but have a estimated line distance of 4.5km.

If the line was a real distance of 1.65 I suspect it would be a very different story, and I dont think BT are replacing all their copper with fibre they may have a lot of money but until ofcom back down thats never going to happen, they are upgrading their core network right now and at best I think all we going to see from BT is fibre to the cabinet with mini dslams.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:56   #124
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited
WRONG

I have emailed BT 4 times. I have phoned them 8 times now. I have had a total of 3 phone conversations with the Area manager, On my mobile as i could not hear him properly on my land line. But no more.

I SAY AGAIN

Why should I have to chase BT WHY should it be ME that does the work that there CUSTOMER Disservice should DO. Why is it that I have to email the CEO of BT to get anything done.

If you look carefully at what i have just written you will see that BT don't give a flying fig about customer service. I will not give them anymore of my money to do absolutely f all

Now you may think its OK to email the CEO of BT i don't. I expect there customer service to do what they should do WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT.

At the end of the day
This is getting beyond a joke now when you slag off NTL because customers have to email and use a site like this. But you think its OK for this to happen with BT.

And i have voted with my feet. I will never allow a bt line in my house again.

I am sorry if i have upset you and your beloved BT but you seem to think i have some sort of vendetta against BT i don't. If they had fixed my fault i would have stayed with them. But now all i see if a company with a what we say and what we do outlook on there level of service.

Neil i will never mention it again on this site Don't want to upset the BT is fantastic and never does anything wrong attitude on here.

and finally a comparison.

I had a problem with my SKY account the other day. Was put through to the Indian call centre which did not sort my problem. asked for a call back from a manager who did call me back and went out of his way to sort the problem. ended up with he problem fixed in 2 calls. They went out of there way to help.

Do you see a difference here between BT and Sky.
I used to work for BT and I would suggest that you ring Head Office in London and ask for The Chairmans Office.

Youd be amazed what happens once you go straight to the top

Trust me on this one I know from personal experience.
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 13:13   #125
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited
WRONG

I have emailed BT 4 times. I have phoned them 8 times now. I have had a total of 3 phone conversations with the Area manager, On my mobile as i could not hear him properly on my land line. But no more.

I SAY AGAIN

Why should I have to chase BT WHY should it be ME that does the work that there CUSTOMER Disservice should DO. Why is it that I have to email the CEO of BT to get anything done.

If you look carefully at what i have just written you will see that BT don't give a flying fig about customer service. I will not give them anymore of my money to do absolutely f all

Now you may think its OK to email the CEO of BT i don't. I expect there customer service to do what they should do WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT.

At the end of the day
This is getting beyond a joke now when you slag off NTL because customers have to email and use a site like this. But you think its OK for this to happen with BT.

And i have voted with my feet. I will never allow a bt line in my house again.

I am sorry if i have upset you and your beloved BT but you seem to think i have some sort of vendetta against BT i don't. If they had fixed my fault i would have stayed with them. But now all i see if a company with a what we say and what we do outlook on there level of service.

Neil i will never mention it again on this site Don't want to upset the BT is fantastic and never does anything wrong attitude on here.

and finally a comparison.

I had a problem with my SKY account the other day. Was put through to the Indian call centre which did not sort my problem. asked for a call back from a manager who did call me back and went out of his way to sort the problem. ended up with he problem fixed in 2 calls. They went out of there way to help.

Do you see a difference here between BT and Sky.
I used to work for BT and I would suggest that you ring Head Office in London and ask for The Chairmans Office.

Youd be amazed what happens once you go straight to the top

Trust me on this one I know from personal experience.
Why should i.

If customer disservice cannot and will not do there job why should i have to do it for them ???????. If they want my custom they can dam well contact me and DO THERE JOB. They have been given enough chance's to sort it.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:17   #126
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Im aware he has a good reputation for customer care, I will probably give BT until midweek. Then contct him if no plan in place by them.