Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | June Price Rises?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

June Price Rises?

Old 27-03-2006, 14:40   #31
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: June Price Rises?

freebies or no freebies it would make no affect on price rise.

The prices are going up because the shareholders of the merged company want their dividends next year.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2006, 16:16   #32
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

Hold on a sec, I'm a tad confused - what's this about £2 for non-DD payment? I have 2MB BB on DD (try saying that fast when you're drunk!) and a phone line on non-DD, and I'm charged £1 for an itemised phone bill. Does this mean I'm suddenly going to be paying extra on top of the increased line rental? That last, though, I can accept; it's been £9.99 for ages.
Old 27-03-2006, 22:02   #33
SLM
Inactive

SLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse
Hold on a sec, I'm a tad confused - what's this about £2 for non-DD payment? I have 2MB BB on DD (try saying that fast when you're drunk!) and a phone line on non-DD, and I'm charged £1 for an itemised phone bill. Does this mean I'm suddenly going to be paying extra on top of the increased line rental? That last, though, I can accept; it's been £9.99 for ages.
Its basically (if true) an "admin" charge for you NOT paying by DD. So the wise thing to do is get a bank acct if you have not got one and pay by DD as most companies charge extra for non-DD payment.

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
freebies or no freebies it would make no affect on price rise.

The prices are going up because the shareholders of the merged company want their dividends next year.
OK what ever you say.
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2006, 22:17   #34
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLM
This is may be why the prices are going up as there are people always after "freebies"
SLM I totally agree with you there...after being a member of this forum for now nearly a year or a bit longer I have to say that people are trying to get as much as possible for free for any given reason with NTL.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 01:01   #35
mob227
Inactive

Services: Technomate tm-1500ci sat, dreambox sat, pace 810 HD sat , Topfield, channel master 1.2 & 1.8m dish's
mob227 is on a distinguished roadmob227 is on a distinguished road

And what if some one open a bank account and did not have much money and ntl screwed up there bill and take's most of there money out of there bank or if ntl called for the direct debit to early and the bank charges the person £45 for fee's ? if they have not put enuf money in there account yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLM
Its basically (if true) an "admin" charge for you NOT paying by DD. So the wise thing to do is get a bank acct if you have not got one and pay by DD as most companies charge extra for non-DD payment.

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

OK what ever you say.
mob227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 01:28   #36
Chicken
Inactive

Chicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud of

..and what if NTL do what what they have done recently to us - rang up to pay £24.99 (never have been charged a non-DD payment), and find out a week later NTL have taken £49.98, making us overdrawn and causing charges to be applied to the bank account.

Apparently the bank wont get involved as its too small an amount for any dispute, and NTL customer support are .. well.. I think most know how inept customer support is at NTL.

Retentions have promised to refund the amount etc., but I'm have a feeling that it was just them trying to fob us off with promises that will never be delivered.
Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 01:30   #37
UncleBooBoo

I agree there is no way I would trust NTL with my bank account!

Never in a million years!
Old 28-03-2006, 08:15   #38
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob227
And what if some one open a bank account and did not have much money and ntl screwed up there bill and take's most of there money out of there bank or if ntl called for the direct debit to early and the bank charges the person £45 for fee's ? if they have not put enuf money in there account yet
The DD guarantee should cover all that.
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 08:56   #39
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken
Apparently the bank wont get involved as its too small an amount for any dispute, and NTL customer support are .. well.. I think most know how inept customer support is at NTL.
The bank should refund any disputed DD amount no matter how small. In practise a lot of the bank staff either don't know the process or can't be bothered with the paperwork.

An ex-gf used to work in a bank and 9 times out of 10 they bumped direct debit queries back to the company instead of refunding the customer directly.
It was only when the customer really pushed it that they caved in and followed the DD guarantee process.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 14:10   #40
Chicken
Inactive

Chicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud ofChicken has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo
The bank should refund any disputed DD amount no matter how small.
Its not a DD though - it was a switch card payment..
Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 14:46   #41
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken
Its not a DD though - it was a switch card payment..
All the more reason to set up a DD!
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 15:18   #42
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

I've never had trouble with DD for broadband; I just get an email to tell me the payment's due, my account gets debited - yes, I do check regularly - and that's that. It's true there was a lot of trouble with direct debits some years back - not just NTL, but a lot of companies - but it all seems to have been sorted out now.

In fact, at one point I wasn't being charged enough for BB; two payments for rather less than £24.99 were taken out, and it wasn't until I went through my inbox deleting old messages that I noticed the amounts and contacted NTL. The next payment was correct, and I wasn't charged for the deficit. They weren't allowed to, by UK law; if the DD says it's for such an amount, that's the only amount they're allowed to debit even if they've made a mistake and it's less than it should be. It's up the company applying the DD to notice and correct the error; I wasn't even obliged to tell them, but I have this annoying streak of honesty...

Oh well. If it comes to that, I'll just have to have yet another bill put on DD.
Old 28-03-2006, 16:31   #43
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Yeah in laymens terms if no freebies given you could wipe 20%+ of ntl's customer base so reduced turnover higher prices to get the profits.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2006, 01:05   #44
freeda
Inactive

Services: Freeview, Wanadoo 2mb
freeda is on a distinguished roadfreeda is on a distinguished road

i know fanny adams about £10 downgrade fee
freeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 15:39   #45
Frank
cf.mega poster

Services: Beanfield 50/50 FTTH and iPTV
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/...ming-june-2006
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote