Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Services Chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Services Chat

Old 19-01-2013, 14:19   #211
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Sky Services Chat

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...his-week.html#

Interesting.....
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2013, 14:36   #212
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
yes, this is
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 14:41   #213
Jameseh

Is it just downloading of Sky On Demand or is it recordings? Absolutely brilliant if its recordings.
Old 19-01-2013, 14:55   #214
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Go is currently free for Sky subscribers on two devices , am I reading it right that my free Sky Go won't allow me too download content ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 15:55   #215
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky Go is currently free for Sky subscribers on two devices , am I reading it right that my free Sky Go won't allow me too download content ?
The download content to watch another time or when offline is what they are charging a fiver a month for. So no, you won't get this without paying extra.

Have no limits on my mobile data so not a big deal for me. Already use plex to stream content from home to my mobile when out instead of copying before I go, which is in essence what this product will do.

Will be useful for many though. Just wish mobile video providers didn't block the HDMI port on mobiles

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Seems to be a 2 month trial for free for existing customers too
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 17:27   #216
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Very interesting. I did a survey about this about 2 days ago and from what i saw Sky Go extra is going to get really good.

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Seems to be a 2 month trial for free for existing customers too
I didnt see the bit about trial, i hope there will be a site for the trial soon as i would love a test before i decied to pay £5 a month for it

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

More info about Sky Go Extra below and the Sky Help Forum Thread.

Sky Go Extra Thread

Quote:
Sky Go Extra launches next week and customers will be able to download content on all supported devices and register up to 4 devices for a £5 monthly fee, with the first 2 months free for a trial period.

Customers who do not require download or additional device support can still enjoy the same great content, as they do now, at no extra charge.

We are able to offer this to customers because we have successfully negotiated with our content providers the ability to distribute and download their content on new and additional devices. This agreement doesn't come without a cost. We currently invest over £2 billion in content for our customers and in order to extend features and device numbers we need to pass some of that cost to users. Hence the reason for the £5 monthly fee for Sky Go extra.

As you know Sky Go offers a catalogue of content, especially new films, that can not be matched. Whilst some providers focus on TV content and some on older films, Sky Go is the only service that can provide first viewing of the majority of the latest films when they close at cinemas, some 12 months ahead of the competition.

It is our investment and partnerships with these content providers that enable us to offer this value to the growing 3m customers that use Sky Go.

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

This is also a good way to get Sky Go on more than 2 devices even if you dont want to download and £5 extra to me isnt that bad of a price.
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 18:03   #217
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

This could be a further blow to the likes of Lovefilm and Netflix. For example say a student is living away from home but his / her parents have SKY. Rather than paying £4.99 or £5.99 for second rate movies on demand, via the likes of Lovefilm, they can get a wider and better selection of movies and TV content for £5 each month through their parents SKY subscription.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 18:33   #218
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
This could be a further blow to the likes of Lovefilm and Netflix. For example say a student is living away from home but his / her parents have SKY. Rather than paying £4.99 or £5.99 for second rate movies on demand, via the likes of Lovefilm, they can get a wider and better selection of movies and TV content for £5 each month through their parents SKY subscription.
I agree ,it's also another nice little earner for Sky.
Old 19-01-2013, 18:36   #219
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I agree ,it's also another nice little earner for Sky.

I agree on both points
Old 20-01-2013, 19:32   #220
nstokes
Inactive

Sky Go to launch on Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013? We know its this week but maybe Tuesday. Look at post 8 onwards. Nothing official thou

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-D...p/869098#M9110
Old 20-01-2013, 21:22   #221
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Great spot mate,

Coming from Virgin Media last year, I'm still not quite used to the way that Sky talk about new products and features and get them released so quickly!
Old 21-01-2013, 08:19   #222
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Great spot mate,

Coming from Virgin Media last year, I'm still not quite used to the way that Sky talk about new products and features and get them released so quickly!
Just seen i missed the Extar out of Sky Go Extra. My bad but im sure people know what i mean.

Yes Sky is very good at getting new products out
Old 22-01-2013, 09:28   #223
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
More info on Sky Go Extra can be found below

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sky-go/?stop_mobi=yes

The update for this facility is now live in the App Store for Apple devices.
Old 22-01-2013, 12:32   #224
Doz007
cf.geek

Cheers MM,

I see that the Sky Go extra also brings with it iPhone 5 support.
Old 22-01-2013, 12:40   #225
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Great spot mate,

Me too! When a new channel launches 99% of the time it's on SKY right from the start. When SKY launch a new product they either give a launch date up front or keep customers updated as things develop.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote