Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 13-06-2019, 10:02   #3391
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I am not sure who your audience is here? The people who know what this means, already get it and the others, well, they do not want to know and more importantly, they do not care.

You can supply all the supporting evidence and documentation you can get your hands on, it will make no difference. We seem to be beyond a point where presenting an argued, fact-based & informed position can alter someone's position.

We are now in the Twilight Zone:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg giphy.jpg (21.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 13-06-2019, 10:28   #3392
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It’s not about caring, cannot care about negative rubbish, created to install fear. It does not work with me. The way you carry on and on about baseless information, because that’s all it is, is tiresome ianch99. There is no reason information about negative crap put forward by Remainers because they think we cannot survive outside a corrupt organisation. We can and we will. That is what was voted for.

There's a significant difference between survival and flourishing, Personally I'd rather see the country flourish rather than survive.

We may well survive exiting the EU, It may be the land of milk and honey., Or, it could be the equivalent or Bear Grylls climbing inside a camel and drinking his own urine.

You call out people for their baseless information when your comments are exactly the same but from the opposite side.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:43   #3393
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
There's a significant difference between survival and flourishing, Personally I'd rather see the country flourish rather than survive.

We may well survive exiting the EU, It may be the land of milk and honey., Or, it could be the equivalent or Bear Grylls climbing inside a camel and drinking his own urine.

You call out people for their baseless information when your comments are exactly the same but from the opposite side.
Ahh getting personal are we, comparing Brexiteers like they are bags of piss??

Also, my comments are not baseless. They’re counter arguments. And what I counter with is true. We voted to leave-fact.

[Last line removed due to mis-reading second paragraph]
Old 13-06-2019, 11:05   #3394
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Ahh getting personal are we, comparing Brexiteers like they are bags of piss??

Also, my comments are not baseless. They’re counter arguments. And what I counter with is true. We voted to leave-fact.

[Last line removed due to mis-reading second paragraph]
I'm not insulting anyone at all, i suggest you go back and reread the post. i quite clearly say

a) it could be the land of milk and honey

b) the comment regarding climbing inside a camel and drinking as you eloquently put it 'piss' is leveled at the country surviving as a whole, it is not aimed at those wanting to leave the EU and is the direct opposite of my initial milk and honey comment.

How you equate that to insulting brexiteers i have no idea, however c'est la vie !!

You're comments are as baseless as anyone else's because whilst a majority did vote to leave the EU none of us, not you, not me, not tinky winky or the rest of the teletubbies, Uri Geller or the rest of the british public have a clue of what life will be like in this country in 5-10 years time.
Old 13-06-2019, 11:16   #3395
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I'm not insulting anyone at all, i suggest you go back and reread the post. i quite clearly say

a) it could be the land of milk and honey

b) the comment regarding climbing inside a camel and drinking as you eloquently put it 'piss' is leveled at the country surviving as a whole, it is not aimed at those wanting to leave the EU and is the direct opposite of my initial milk and honey comment.

How you equate that to insulting brexiteers i have no idea, however c'est la vie !!

You're comments are as baseless as anyone else's because whilst a majority did vote to leave the EU none of us, not you, not me, not tinky winky or the rest of the teletubbies, Uri Geller or the rest of the british public have a clue of what life will be like in this country in 5-10 years time.
And I have never put forward what a post-Brexit will be like and put it across as though it is a fact. I’ve said we must leave and see for ourselves because I do not believe the bullshit spouted by Remainers.

For some reason they want to remain in union that openly mocks us, cripples us, and boasted about turning the UK in to a EU Colony, you Remainers want to go stay in this disgusting and disgraceful bloc, with a smaller trading window compared to rest of the world (which is much bigger)

No one knows what it’s going to be like, they’re just guesses, but guesses from poor judgement, based on negativity. But we vote to leave. Democracy must be fulfilled, we must get the hell out.
Old 13-06-2019, 11:32   #3396
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Link

Quote:
First of all let's head north - to the border between Norway and Sweden.
Sweden is in the EU, Norway isn't.

And the average time from when a lorry arrives to when it leaves the border? About 20 minutes. That includes roughly 10 minutes waiting time, three to six minutes of handling time, and the time spent coming off the road to complete the customs process.

Link
Quote:
On a recent Saturday at the Kapıkule border crossing, about 30 minutes drive from the Turkish city of Edirne, a line of trucks 4km long stretched along the highway, inching along glacially towards the Bulgarian checkpoints. “Today is a good day,” said Ibrahim Kurtukcu, a 42-year trucker who had been waiting 14 hours. “Last week the line was 7km long.” The record is 17km. It can take up to 30 hours to get through to the other side.
Still absolutely nowhere near 3 months.

Remember the delays work in both directions, and that will include returning lorries. Are the EU going to be happy with adding 2 days until they get their lorries back after delivering to the UK?

Quote:
Each driver clutches a sheaf of several dozen documents — an export declaration, a carnet from Turkish customs officers, invoices for the products they are hauling, insurance certificates and, when lucky, a transport permit for each EU nation they will drive through.
So much for the "single market".
Old 13-06-2019, 11:40   #3397
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
And I have never put forward what a post-Brexit will be like and put it across as though it is a fact. I’ve said we must leave and see for ourselves because I do not believe the bullshit spouted by Remainers.

For some reason they want to remain in union that openly mocks us, cripples us, and boasted about turning the UK in to a EU Colony, you Remainers want to go stay in this disgusting and disgraceful bloc, with a smaller trading window compared to rest of the world (which is much bigger)

No one knows what it’s going to be like, they’re just guesses, but guesses from poor judgement, based on negativity. But we vote to leave. Democracy must be fulfilled, we must get the hell out.
I want to remain in a union because it's my belief that it has provided a significant benefit to the UK. I believe that the benefits we gain outweigh the costs/restrictions that are imposed on all nations. Benefits that we may or may not have received had we not been part of it.

Whilst the EU is far from perfect every global system of government contains corruption. so it's kind of moot point.

IF you or any of the people who voted to leave can provide any concrete evidence of how the country will be in a better position economically in the next 5/10/20 years time I'll honestly change my stance. IF any on the people who voted leave can provide any concrete evidence of how this country wont be dictated to on trade deals by the major global economies again I'll change my stance.

However, from what i've seen (and as always i stand to be corrected) the forecasts from even the most ardent leavers show that there will be a significant and prolonged economic downturn for the country as a whole.

I want whats best for the country as a whole I've seen nothing so far that doesn't suggest that in the short-mid term Brexit is going to be an extremely painful process and more than likely it will effect those areas of the country and people who are already suffering the most.

Potentially inflicting such significant issues on the country should consider us to pause & reflect on the decision, not continue on like a rudderless, captain less ship at night.

As i said before it could be the land of milk and honey and i sincerely hope it is, it could also be the equivalent of the titanic hitting the iceberg in which case the vast majority of the population of this country and are to put it politely 'screwed'
Old 13-06-2019, 11:50   #3398
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Link

Quote:
First of all let's head north - to the border between Norway and Sweden.
Sweden is in the EU, Norway isn't.

And the average time from when a lorry arrives to when it leaves the border? About 20 minutes. That includes roughly 10 minutes waiting time, three to six minutes of handling time, and the time spent coming off the road to complete the customs process.

Link
Still absolutely nowhere near 3 months.

Remember the delays work in both directions, and that will include returning lorries. Are the EU going to be happy with adding 2 days until they get their lorries back after delivering to the UK?

So much for the "single market".
You accidently missed a bit from the article about Norway and Sweden...

Quote:
Being in the single market means Norway respects the EU's four freedoms - the freedom of movement of goods, services, capital and people.
And you are, (accidently, I am sure) in your linked example about Turkey, conflating queuing times with pharmaceutical Supply Change Management - pharma multi-country SCM isn't just about queuing, it's about potential impact of regulatory changes and the requirements for some components in the Supply Chain to have to get licences to Contract Manufactures (which they didn't need to before).

This article is from two legal experts in regulatory issues on EU Life Sciences Law

https://www.pharmalogisticsiq.com/lo...es-post-brexit
Quote:
In terms of broader supply chain issues, the supply chain for many medicines involves moving products or ingredients across the UK-EU border at one or more stages in the manufacturing process. Any increase in tariffs or non-tariff barriers, such as additional paperwork or delays, could disrupt the supply chain and potentially lead to shortages (even if the product meets all regulatory requirements). This risk is particularly acute for the pharmaceutical sector given the complex and time-critical supply chains and the need for many medicines to be kept in cold storage during transport and storage.

Shortages of supply are most likely to occur in relation to those products with a centralised marketing authorisation held by a UK company or authorisation based on mutual recognition involving a UK entity or authorisation. Although this may represent a substantial number of products, in practice, the immediate shortage is more likely to occur in relation to those products with a short shelf life or cold chain requirements.

Given the regulatory procedure that governs marketing authorisation and release of medicinal products in the EU and the potential impacts on the supply chain, shortages of supply of products in the UK in the event of a hard Brexit cannot be excluded. Medicinal products for which marketing authorisation is held in one of the 27 EU Member States may not be so greatly impacted. This is because, unlike products for which a marketing authorisation is currently held in the UK, these will continue to be freely supplied in the EU after Brexit. The potential exception to this would be in relation to products manufactured in the UK for the EU market.

Equally, from a UK perspective, while the UK is likely to set up a process for issuing national authorisations based on the existing EU authorisation and recognise EU release, there may be practical difficulties in moving products across the border from the EU into the UK...

...Where the issue is transferring manufacturing steps taking place in the UK, such as batch release, stockpiling may not be sufficient to tide companies over until batch release has been moved to an EU site as this is not a quick process. Stockpiling is also not without its challenges as the warehousing facilities used must meet certain regulatory standards. This creates potential cash flow issues given that companies often have to pay suppliers before they have received payment for the product from customers.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 13-06-2019 at 12:44.
Old 13-06-2019, 11:56   #3399
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Is the Brexit position now that Norway is a good option?
Old 13-06-2019, 12:06   #3400
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I want to remain in a union because it's my belief that it has provided a significant benefit to the UK. I believe that the benefits we gain outweigh the costs/restrictions that are imposed on all nations. Benefits that we may or may not have received had we not been part of it.

Whilst the EU is far from perfect every global system of government contains corruption. so it's kind of moot point.

IF you or any of the people who voted to leave can provide any concrete evidence of how the country will be in a better position economically in the next 5/10/20 years time I'll honestly change my stance. IF any on the people who voted leave can provide any concrete evidence of how this country wont be dictated to on trade deals by the major global economies again I'll change my stance.

However, from what i've seen (and as always i stand to be corrected) the forecasts from even the most ardent leavers show that there will be a significant and prolonged economic downturn for the country as a whole.

I want whats best for the country as a whole I've seen nothing so far that doesn't suggest that in the short-mid term Brexit is going to be an extremely painful process and more than likely it will effect those areas of the country and people who are already suffering the most.

Potentially inflicting such significant issues on the country should consider us to pause & reflect on the decision, not continue on like a rudderless, captain less ship at night.

As i said before it could be the land of milk and honey and i sincerely hope it is, it could also be the equivalent of the titanic hitting the iceberg in which case the vast majority of the population of this country and are to put it politely 'screwed'
I’m not engaging in a pointless repetitive argument best placed before a referendum that we’ve already had and we voted to leave.

Past quote from the likes of Campbell - Hestletine, Blair - all hardened Remainers: “If we don’t join Euro, it will be a disaster for UK.”

Best thing we ever did not joining it. The EU does not provide any benefits, they don’t spend their money, because it’s ours on us. They don’t do jack shit for us, only mock us and we do not need to be in their ugly corrupt club to do trade with them.
Old 13-06-2019, 12:13   #3401
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
I’m not engaging in a pointless repetitive argument best placed before a referendum that we’ve already had and we voted to leave.

Past quote from the likes of Campbell - Hestletine, Blair - all hardened Remainers: “If we don’t join Euro, it will be a disaster for UK.”

Best thing we ever did not joining it. The EU does not provide any benefits, they don’t spend their money, because it’s ours on us. They don’t do jack shit for us, only mock us and we do not need to be in their ugly corrupt club to do trade with them.
just, wow......
Old 13-06-2019, 12:20   #3402
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
just, wow......
Just nothing. What benefits does it provide, being in their club? Huh

Don’t you dare say the EU funds this or that, that is OUR money they’re giving back minus their cut. We’re a NET contributor.

Are you going to drone on about trade?

Do not need to be in their ugly club to trade, plus the world wide trade window is much bigger than the poxy EU’s. so wow back at you for thinking in small terms.
Old 13-06-2019, 12:39   #3403
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

What benefits are there being in the largest free trading bloc but we aren’t allowed to say trade? Wow.
Old 13-06-2019, 12:43   #3404
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You accidently missed a bit from the article about Norway and Sweden...

And you are, (accidently, I am sure) in your linked example about Turkey, conflating queuing times with pharmaceutical Supply Change Management - pharma multi-country SCM isn't just about queuing, it's about potential impact of regulatory changes and the requirements for some components in the Supply Chain to have to get licences to Contract Manufactures (which they didn't need to before).
That's only because the EU is awkward and insist on it for Norway.

The Turkey article DOES mention all sorts of other paperwork they have to get ready, but the DELAYS are still not 3 months.
Link.

Quote:
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) takes part in projects to foster links with European Union (EU) enlargement countries, to lay the foundations of future co-operation in the Agency's networks.
The Agency's projects fall within the assistance programmes launched by the European Commission to support pre-accession activities.
Current beneficiaries include:
  • Albania;
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina;
  • Kosovo (under United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244/99);
  • the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia;
  • Montenegro;
  • Serbia;
  • Turkey.
Any reason why the UK couldn't be added to that list, unless the EU are awkward, and they wouldn't be like that, would they?
Old 13-06-2019, 12:46   #3405
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Awkward?

They won't let us have all the benefits of being in the EEA or other negotiated treaties, without agreeing to the terms that other countries have agreed - awkward bleeders, aren't they?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread