Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 04-12-2019, 01:31   #2281
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

I wonder what the viewing figures were.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2019, 02:49   #2282
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Channel 554 did not show up under the Sports channels despite myself frequently resetting the network connection ( Area 32) , however it showed under all channels search, and was available and working if I clicked on channel Free Sports HD (553) and then on next channel up.

Amazon Prime was showing and worked from the other Amazon Prime channels I accessed in the EPG and also from the app.

I had no problems with buffering or out of focus and the UHD was spot on.

I have a firestick, and also an X96 box both of which have UHD, and had no issues with either picture or quality which was perfect.

Sorry if it seems I wasn't interested in the match, I was, but wanted to test everything.( I knew Burnley would win ) Looking forward to Liverpool v Everton in UHD tomorrow.

Also had no issues with the Crystal Palace game which kicked off earlier.

---------- Post added at 01:49 ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 ----------

Apologies should have said area 30, not 32
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:25   #2283
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I wonder what the viewing figures were.
The viewing figures will be interesting if they release them.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:59   #2284
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
Channel 554 did not show up under the Sports channels
Can you check it again now?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 22:14   #2285
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Can you check it again now?

It is there under sports today, having not been yesterday.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 00:07   #2286
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The viewing figures will be interesting if they release them.
They won't.

I watched the City game last night and 'they' watched the United game tonight on the V6 - no buffering and no artifacts and no out of focus. Took about 30 secs to spin up and was good to go on both nights.

Might try it on the FireTV stick tomorrow night to compare
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:26   #2287
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
They won't.

I watched the City game last night and 'they' watched the United game tonight on the V6 - no buffering and no artifacts and no out of focus. Took about 30 secs to spin up and was good to go on both nights.

Might try it on the FireTV stick tomorrow night to compare
It seems that some got a fine PQ without any problems in the last 2 nights while others had a poor PQ with regards to Amazon Prime and its football..
Old 05-12-2019, 09:45   #2288
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It seems that some got a fine PQ without any problems in the last 2 nights while others had a poor PQ with regards to Amazon Prime and its football..
On the whole the PQ from my LG TV App was great, I suffered 1 drop in picture quality, but only lasted 20 seconds.

The issue I didn't expect was that while I was watching the game through the TV, my cousin was watching through his Xbox and he was ahead of me by around 1min. Not sure how that happened lol

We live in different houses, in different towns, using different internet providers, but I'm not sure that would be the issue...maybe it is[COLOR="Silver"]
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:46   #2289
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
On the whole the PQ from my LG TV App was great, I suffered 1 drop in picture quality, but only lasted 20 seconds.

The issue I didn't expect was that while I was watching the game through the TV, my cousin was watching through his Xbox and he was ahead of me by around 1min. Not sure how that happened lol
According to some sources the football streaming is 24 seconds behind events although one source said it was more then that as one warning to people who are watching it is to turn off all goal alerts and refrain from social media and all the major sports online sites and the SSN channel..
Old 05-12-2019, 09:58   #2290
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
According to some sources the football streaming is 24 seconds behind events although one source said it was more then that as one warning to people who are watching it is to turn off all goal alerts and refrain from social media and all the major sports online sites and the SSN channel..
I understand the streaming services have a bit of a time lag, I noticed that for the first 2 games that the BBC Live updates were quicker than the action on the TV.

The issue I thought was strange, that if both parties are watching the same game on Amazon Prime, surely one device shouldn't be a minute behind the other? There could be factors in play that could cause this, but on the surface, there shouldn't be this much time difference.

Thinking about it, there was a lag between SD and HD channels, maybe the Xbox PQ is a lower resolution than a TV app - Still a long delay between the two though.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:55   #2291
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
I understand the streaming services have a bit of a time lag, I noticed that for the first 2 games that the BBC Live updates were quicker than the action on the TV.

The issue I thought was strange, that if both parties are watching the same game on Amazon Prime, surely one device shouldn't be a minute behind the other? There could be factors in play that could cause this, but on the surface, there shouldn't be this much time difference.

Thinking about it, there was a lag between SD and HD channels, maybe the Xbox PQ is a lower resolution than a TV app - Still a long delay between the two though.
There are reporters at the games feeding events to BBC, Sky, etc.

The BBC probably have access to live feeds from the grounds as well. Sky certainly will.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:57   #2292
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thinking about it, there was a lag between SD and HD channels, maybe the Xbox PQ is a lower resolution than a TV app
That's basically it. The higher the resolution and/or compression, the longer it takes to encode and decode. There is also some buffering to smooth out variations in the network speed.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:02   #2293
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
There are reporters at the games feeding events to BBC, Sky, etc.

The BBC probably have access to live feeds from the grounds as well. Sky certainly will.
No doubt about that as SSN had more in studio football pundits then they have usually as l was watching the Liverpool game on TV which was 0-0 but on SSN about 30 seconds earlier it was 1-0 to Liverpool.
Old 05-12-2019, 20:16   #2294
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Discovery's free catch up service dplay is now available on Sky, including content from Quest, Really, Quest Red, Food Network, DMAX and Home.

I wonder if this will also be made available on Virgin TV at some point?

Catch Up on Virgin TV currently includes Really and the Food Network, but none of the other channels on dplay.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 21:27   #2295
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

I’ve been thinking to myself. As Disney’s deal with Sky is due to expire in a few months, I feel that Sky Cinema Disney will close and all films will move from Now TV to Disney+. In addition, I think all ABC/Fox content will gradually disappear from Sky One and Witness and move to a relaunched Fox.
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote