Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 12-11-2019, 19:02   #5266
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Midway (2019): 7.5/10

A very very good film. I got instantly mardy at the start because it starts with Pearl Habour (which obviously kicked off the war for the Americans and precipitated Midway) which threw me off a bit but I quickly understood where it was going. It is a fantastic war film and if you love stuff like Black Hawk Down and American Sniper you'll love this. It has the perfect balance of what was happening behind the scenes on the intelligence front and the enormous air battles out at sea.

This is well worth you spending your money on and going to see at the cinema this weekend. Don't forget your popcorn
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2019, 16:35   #5267
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Frozen II: 8/10

Technically it was fantastic, the animation and detail was superb as you would expect and many aspects of it were photo realistic. A great story embodying many morals and values and teaching you how to be a good person. Ironically the best bits and most humorous for me were the Olaf moments. He comes out with a lot of random trivia and quotes about things which sounds like nonsense but they are all true.

Charlies Angels (2019): 5/10

It's not bad but it is also not good. The key thing missing is the charm and charisma of the angels which was so apparent in the previous instalments. Even the action scenes were better in the previous films. The only thing this one had going for it was the hotness which they got bang on. I don't like blondes and I don't like short hair and I have never found Kristen Stewart attractive but she had me from the outset on this one.
Old 30-11-2019, 16:52   #5268
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The Irishman another Martin Scorsese's crime epic.

9/10
Old 05-12-2019, 15:02   #5269
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood

8/10 Loved it but not too keen on Leonardo Dicrappio. An odd ending, but one which I think we all wish had actually happened.

Last edited by ThunderPants73; 05-12-2019 at 15:05.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 17:12   #5270
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The Irishman another Martin Scorsese's crime epic.

9/10
I watched this one Den and really enjoyed it,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:43   #5271
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Local Hero (1983). It's a beautiful uplifting film.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:51   #5272
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Local Hero (1983). It's a beautiful uplifting film.
And the lovely soundtrack was done by the brilliant Mark Knopfler.
Old 19-12-2019, 03:55   #5273
General Maximus
Ran Away

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: 5.5/10

It is very much as mixed bag. I am sure the majority of people will think it is fantastic and the production quality was certainly top notch. The problem for me is that it was very hit and miss. It is definitely the best out of the three films but that isn't saying much. There are moments when they get is just right and it feels like true Star Wars and the rest of the time it just feels like a generic film which somebody has bought a license for so they can slap Star Wars on the front of it.

My feelings towards this trilogy can be described as how many people felt about the last season of GoT. I would gladly see it erased from existence and remade. In comparison to eps 1-6, I have come away from this feeling like I haven't been moved by any of the films, I couldn't care less about any of the new characters and tbh it hasn't felt like true Star Wars and a continuation of the story. I feel like the whole thing has been a process of regurgitating scenarios and scenes from the original trilogy and just bringing it up to date a bit, and you will see it in this film as well. As excited as people have been about the inclusion of the older actors/characters it could have been handled better. Again, it feels like a marketing plot more than anything else and in this film Lando was just wasted. He was there to look pretty and his character lacked the gravitas and presence that it did in the original trilogy. There are a couple of really stupid bits in it which annoyed me and made no sense at all and were there for the sake of progressing the story and you expect better from franchises such as this where everything hangs in the balance and every moment should count. I am curious to see if anyone else picks up on them.

The one good thing I will say about it is that you can see JJ has made a concerted effort to address what pissed everyone off about TLJ. Infuriating Rose is hardly in it and Luke is more himself.

I would say it is worth watching at the cinema in terms of the visual scifi spectacle but don't expect to come away from it having been wowed and satisfied by the conclusion of a story/trilogy.

Last edited by General Maximus; 19-12-2019 at 03:59.
Old 19-12-2019, 08:19   #5274
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

They should have given one director and writer the full trilogy rather than splitting them up. Personally I thought TLJ was the film that most tried to do something different and ambitious whereas TFA was full of fan service and feeding into a stand and formula. Rian Johnson has been given another Star Wars trliogy outside of the Skywalker arc so that’ll be interesting to see.

I haven’t seen the new one yet but everything I’ve heard so far suggests JJ Abrams has overreacted to the reception of the last film and tried to pivot back and load it full of fan pleasing elements to detriment of the overall film.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2019, 15:28   #5275
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Rise of Skywalker 10/10 - loved it, best of these 3, 7 I had enjoyed before, 8 didn't but watched at weekend and it was ok, missus and I loved this one.

It had a mission, and it fulfilled it, not let down.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2019, 16:31   #5276
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Rise of Skywalker - 7.5/10

Very enjoyable and a great ending for the saga. Final scene had me shedding a few years.
Old 19-12-2019, 17:47   #5277
denphone
Still alive and fighting

l have not seen the the Rise of Skywalker yet so lets hope it lives up to my expectations.
Old 19-12-2019, 17:57   #5278
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Rise of Skywalker- great end to the saga. JJ has done the job.
Old 22-12-2019, 00:22   #5279
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

6 Underground

1/10. An absolute mess. Only managed half an hour.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 00:31   #5280
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Cats - 1/10

Total garbage. Not much else to say really.