Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 16-09-2015, 07:59   #6106
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
It's showcase on other platforms, not sure of the name on vm but it's on 548

The bt champions league goals show is highly recommended by the way, was very good tonight. Its going to be on bt espn every match night
Thank you
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-09-2015, 12:29   #6107
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
They seem to be getting very defensive about being the 'home of cricket', Could it be because BT sports have got the next Ashes series ? It seems to have upset Sky a lot !
I just wonder if they got caught out?
They have been the only channel to bother with the cricket and then boom BT show up and out of nowhere they have the next Ashes series.
That must have kicked someone's arse in Sky and then that is why they have got straight onto securing the next few series without hesitation.

The production of Sky is good I just think the commentators could do with a shuffle. I like Athers and Bumble and Ricky Ponting was good but all the others are just 'comfortable'.
If I could sync TMS with the pictures I think that would be preferred option. TMS just has more life in them but I guess that is because they have to get that across more due to the lack of pictures.
Shows that it is an art form.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 22:42   #6108
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

I'm having trouble staying tuned into the Europa League with Lynsey Hipgraves at the helm. Her voice is giving me a headache. I don't mean to be horrible but its unbearable.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 05:34   #6109
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Put it simply most of their presenters female or male are simply third rate.
Old 18-09-2015, 08:47   #6110
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Possibly a little off topic, and I am not entirely sure how many people will be interested.

However, given the number of negative comments about commentators generally being poor these days, I thought I would highlight the one and only Barry Davies is going to be commentating on Absolute Radio's PL games for the next few weeks. Can't wait to hear him commentate again.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 08:51   #6111
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes he was certainly one of the best.
Old 18-09-2015, 13:52   #6112
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Wimbledon to stay free to air until 2020

Not that it was in much doubt after the all England club said they were not interested in working with anyone else. However it's puts to rest the press speculation of sharing coverage with BT.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...l-england-club
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 16:11   #6113
denphone
Still alive and fighting

ITV to bid for Olympics in competition with BBC.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...ition-with-bbc
Old 18-09-2015, 18:31   #6114
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

So are the BBC going to rebrand Wimbledon as the BBC tennis championship in the same way that they have hijacked the Henry Wood promenade concerts as the BBC proms?
Old 18-09-2015, 21:08   #6115
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
I'm having trouble staying tuned into the Europa League with Lynsey Hipgraves at the helm. Her voice is giving me a headache. I don't mean to be horrible but its unbearable.
Yes I found her hard to listen to but nice to look at
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 21:39   #6116
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Yes I found her hard to listen to but nice to look at
you have to learn Geordie then it easy to listen to
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 21:06   #6117
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
you have to learn Geordie then it easy to listen to
Easier to learn than Scouse?
tassiekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 17:17   #6118
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
So are the BBC going to rebrand Wimbledon as the BBC tennis championship in the same way that they have hijacked the Henry Wood promenade concerts as the BBC proms?
The whole thing would have collapsed if the BBC hadn't stepped in. Think the marketing of it as BBC works in favour and Sir Henry is more than honoured every year.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 15:03   #6119
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Showing on BT Showcase this week

Weds 7pm - Borussia Monchengladbach v Manchester City
Thurs 6pm - Lazio v Saint-Etienne

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-citys-6533192
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 09:48   #6120
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Sky Sports to broadcast The Open a year earlier as BBC ends its deal one year earlier.

http://www.sportinglife.com/golf/new...2016-open-golf