Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Why do guys go for less attractive girls?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Why do guys go for less attractive girls?

Old 13-07-2006, 20:20   #16
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Why do guys go for less attractive girls?

Not at all - we've had the odd dig at men in this thread, so in the interests of equality, I'm giving them something back

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-07-2006, 20:22   #17
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Not at all - we've had the odd dig at men in this thread, so in the interests of equality, I'm giving them something back
Equality - treating everyone equally well, not treating everyone equally badly - imho
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 20:26   #18
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Because they are intimidated?They think they aren't good enough?They fear rejection?

Or they think they are on to a sure fire thing?

I have to say I never noticed this phenomenon.Quite the reverse in fact. but that was far away and long ago.

Maybe men in general have grown up and matured? Finally.

EDIT:Well now I've just seen Russ's posting which rather undermined my attempt at being generous to men...
Old 13-07-2006, 20:43   #19
Skatoony
Inactive

Services: Sky Digital & Sky BB
Skatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via ICQ to Skatoony Send a message via MSN to Skatoony

Quote:
Perhaps because less attractive women are cheaper to maintain??
Skatoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 20:51   #20
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

I reckon it's cos you can have a conversation with girls like myself that doesn't revolve around Top Shop or hairstyles

And, we don't take as long to get ready to go anywhere so that's a bonus
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 20:55   #21
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

This just plain isnt true in my experience, I often see very attractive girls with guys who look like they have just fallen out of the extras auditions for lord of the rings. My best mate is with a girl out of his league if you ask me and I actually think my current girlfriend is out of my league too.
Im with my girlfriend because of how much I liked her when we where friends, how well we got on (and still do) and I would like to think she is with me for the same reasons.
I dont think ugly and attractive can really be used as words to describe someone anyway, as the saying goes.... One mans trash is another mans treasure.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 20:58   #22
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

I tend to go for the ones who look friendly, there's nothing worse than the stuck up ones who either turn their nose up or look to see their mates opinion before engaging you in conversation.

I don't tend to go for skinny blondes like most of my mates, if I have a type they are usually large breasted, big bum, brunette and often with black skin.
Saying that very few of my girlfriends look similar, I have only been out with 2stunners, and they turned out to be the most horrible women I have ever met.

Give me a friendly, fat bird any day. (Escapee ducks)

I have also had the 'Too nice to sh*g syndrom' I know you girls will find that hard to believe, but I have actually backed off from very attractive women when getting the vibes in that situation. They may be attractive, but they get damned annoyed if you turn them down!
Old 13-07-2006, 21:05   #23
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
EDIT:Well now I've just seen Russ's posting which rather undermined my attempt at being generous to men...
Uh oh, humour bypass alert

And I was only giving as good as I was getting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia
I reckon it's cos you can have a conversation with girls like myself that doesn't revolve around Top Shop or hairstyles

And, we don't take as long to get ready to go anywhere so that's a bonus
Shuttit you - you don't belong in this thread coz you're a megababe

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-07-2006, 21:22   #24
Pia
Inactive

Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Shuttit you - you don't belong in this thread coz you're a megababe
That's rubbish, i say i'm qualified to comment cos i'm not one of these pretty girls with a mullet hairdo and a supermodel's body and waaay too many trends in one outfit. I am probably what they might call a plain jane, and i can assure you, that does not turn heads...

My last proper boyfriend is very good looking, i was always a bit worried that he was too good for me, so i guess if you look at it like that, a girl being with a handsome fella might not be good for her self esteem.
Old 13-07-2006, 21:24   #25
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia
i say i'm qualified to comment cos i'm not one of these pretty girls with a mullet hairdo and a supermodel's body and waaay too many trends in one outfit. I am probably what they might call a plain jane, and i can assure you, that does not turn heads...
Who on earth wants a woman with a supermodel's body? Curves rule

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-07-2006, 22:01   #26
DaggaDagga
Inactive

Services: Royal Mail snail mail. No telly. Wind-up gramophone. Posts: 125,837.56
DaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant future

Fat birds try harder.
DaggaDagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 22:03   #27
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

At what? Bowling?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-07-2006, 22:04   #28
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
At what? Bowling?
Eating cake and not exercising

Obviously, apart from the ones that have medical reasons for being larger, who can't do anything about it
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 22:09   #29
Pia
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Eating cake and not exercising

Obviously, apart from the ones that have medical reasons for being larger, who can't do anything about it
I soo wish i never read that when eating a tiramisu trifle
Old 13-07-2006, 22:25   #30
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

if you love some1 what does it matter what she looks like...I thought its the person inside of the girl/boy that you love that counts...

and okay in some women it does count to have a platinum card
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote