Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | World Without End (sequel to The Pillars of the Earth)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

World Without End (sequel to The Pillars of the Earth)

Old 30-09-2012, 02:38   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
World Without End (sequel to The Pillars of the Earth)

World Without End is based upon the Ken Follett novel of the same name, and is the sequel to The Pillars of the Earth.

It's set 150 years after Pillars, around the start of the Hundred Years' War and the Black Death. As with Pillars, it's centred around the fictional town of Kingsbridge.

Very good cast, including Cynthia Nixon, Miranda Richardson, Ben Chaplin, Peter Firth, Charlotte Riley, and Tom Weston-Jones.

There have been four episodes so far. I'm not sure how long it is, but Pillars had eight episodes.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2012, 03:04   #2
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: World Without End (sequel to The Pillars of the Earth)

Well I have it on my TV calender to watch. Do I need to watch Pillars before hand?
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 08:40   #3
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

thanks for the heads up, haven't read the books, but missus and I really enjoyed tv series of Pillars of the Earth, will prob wait til it's on here though
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 09:01   #4
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Was in the library yesterday.Picked this book up, weighed it in my hand and decided I couldn't be bothered.So it should make a good long series.
Old 30-09-2012, 09:13   #5
tizmeinnit

got 4 episodes of it to watch :-) BTW I will be watching it Canadian Timeline not US lol
Old 30-09-2012, 15:09   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Well I have it on my TV calender to watch. Do I need to watch Pillars before hand?
I suppose it could help for background on the fictional town of Kingsbridge, but it's not really necessary. It's set 150 years later, during a different period in English history and obviously with different characters.

I'd recommend watching the first mini-series though purely because it is a good watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
got 4 episodes of it to watch :-) BTW I will be watching it Canadian Timeline not US lol
Ha, yeah, no option for that here so I went with "US".
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote