Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Router Connection Issue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Router Connection Issue

Old 03-11-2007, 00:42   #1
kamakazi
Inactive

kamakazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Router Connection Issue

Hello

I recently purchased a Belkin N1 router with the Belkin N1 USB adapter for my PC

Ive started to notice major issues arising. My torrent download speeds are very slow circa 10 kb/s. But when downloading at this speed I am unable to surf the net on the PC or my laptop.

Also My laptop which uses standard G connection, has issues connecting to certain websites like www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk and times out going to ask.com, this works fine on my pc or when my laptop is connnected direct to the router. also constantly drops off the network and the only way to get it back is to disable the wireless on the laptop and then re-enable.

Can anyone assist in pointng me in the right direction as to what is causing me all these issues?

Thanks
kamakazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2007, 00:55   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Router Connection Issue

Some routers don't like torrents especially in their default settings. They get overwhelmed by too many connections being maintained. You need to minimise the lenght of time connections are held open by the router, as well as the number of connections. Make sure too your upload doesn't exceed say 80% of the available bandwidth.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote