Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Port forwarding issue..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Port forwarding issue..

Old 30-09-2007, 12:59   #1
shabs
Inactive

shabs is an unknown quantity at this point
Port forwarding issue..

Sorry for the OT topic, but this is really annoying me now! Been using utorrent for ages now without any problems, currently using 1.6.1 (don't really think it's necessary to upgrade) but recently have been gettin Much slower speeds than usual - erm for downloading linux isos etc ;-) Turns out its a port forwarding issue as the little red icon with the exclamation tells me that I'm "not connectable"... Bearing in mind that this has NEVER been a problem, I checked everything I could think of... Static IP given to PC by router (Linksys WRT54G) Port forwarded to that IP by router (same port selected in utorrent) firewall (comodo) allowing traffic on said port... But everytime i try the utorrent port checker, it tells me that the port is not open.. (it worked fine until a couple of wekes ago) So I tried selecting the 'DMZ' option in the router, opening ALL ports, disabling the firewall (windows firewall already disabled), and connecting the pc directly to the modem - nothing works! it seems that I have the world's most secure XP box! Cant even leave it vunerable if I try!!! I'm beginning to think its Virgin doing something... Any ideas???
shabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2007, 13:23   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Port forwarding issue..

In Comodo, have you created a "network monitor" rule to forward the port in question (as well as having an application rule for utorrent), & is it above the default blocking rule?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 13:36   #3
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
(don't really think it's necessary to upgrade)
With all those Linux iso`s you have there i would have "upgraded" ages ago

Sorry,could`nt resist
Good luck regardless
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 13:38   #4
shabs
Inactive

shabs is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replying, I did set up the rules and allowed TCP/UDP In to that port, even tried allowin incoming connections on ALL ports - still no joy...
shabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:05   #5
Richy99
Inactive

Services: XL broadband
Richy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of light

being connectable never increased my download speeds
Richy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:28   #6
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy99 View Post
being connectable never increased my download speeds
Not everywhere it wouldn't and being a leech won't make you popular
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:56   #7
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

In uTorrent 'connection' settings have you checked that you have a port set for incoming connections and randomise is not ticked?
I have a port set for incoming and the only other thing ticked in that section is 'enable NAT-PNP port mapping'. That works fine for me through a router.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:31   #8
Richy99
Inactive

Services: XL broadband
Richy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of lightRichy99 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
Not everywhere it wouldn't and being a leech won't make you popular
yet i was able to seed the files to others
Richy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 18:18   #9
Pedro1
Inactive

Pedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nice

You may find this site helpful.

http://www.portforward.com/
Pedro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:09   #10
pxr5
Inactive

pxr5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got exactly the same thing in utorrent on my second PC and was pulling my hair out. I knew I had done everything right with portforwarding. Tried Azureus instead with the same ports (without changing anything in my router or firewall) and the NAT test worked OK.

So I did some digging. I couldn't get any port to work on the utorrent test. I tried other ports that I knew definately worked (from Azureus and emule tests) and they always failed at utorrent.

I'm sticking with Azureus for now.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 20:16   #11
judder
Inactive

judder is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys, the exact same problem I had. Got forwarded to this site by a member of a car club im in. I've had 2 weeks of pulling my hair out using UTorrent - It all worked before !. Now using AZ, thanks.

Stephen
judder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 18:44   #12
judder
Inactive

judder is an unknown quantity at this point

okay worked for a while, now back to square one - not connectable, tried lots of different ports - all blocked
judder is offline   Reply With Quote