Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Pacific (Sky Movies from April 4th)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Pacific (Sky Movies from April 4th)

Old 01-03-2010, 20:39   #1
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age
The Pacific (Sky Movies from April 4th)

Quote:
The Pacific is a 2010 ten-part television World War II miniseries, produced by HBO, Seven Network Australia and DreamWorks, which will premiere March 14, 2010.

It is similar, although unrelated, to Band of Brothers. Whereas Band of Brothers focused on the United States Army's involvement in the European Theater of Operations, the new series will be about United States Marine Corps's actions in the Pacific Theater of Operations.

The Pacific is being spearheaded by Bruce McKenna (co-executive producer), who was one of the main writers on Band of Brothers. Hugh Ambrose, the son of Band of Brothers author Stephen Ambrose, will serve as a project consultant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pac...8miniseries%29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99B80crU3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smoNSbMs9Yo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eznAl2QJooQ

Is anybody else looking forward to this? I really enjoyed Band of Brothers, so hopefully this will be at the same level.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2010, 20:43   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Pacific (Sky Movies from April 4th)

Well Tom Hanks & Steven Spielberg did a supurb job on BoB so I wait on the edge of my seat.

How long are each episodes, being on Sky Movies, I would guess 1 hour, 2 at most.

http://www.hbo.com/#/the-pacific
Old 01-03-2010, 21:17   #3
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I still have 3 more episodes left of BoB. It was removed from VOD before I could finish watching it. I'll have to catch up before this starts because I was loving BoB.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 21:27   #4
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

BoB is my favourite TV series of all time which I've seen from start to finish several times. Looking forward to The Pacific but I've not got Sky Movies so I'm going to have to wait a bit longer.
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 22:07   #5
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Amazingly, you can get the BoB BluRay for £17.99 from Amazon.

(If only I didn't have the original box-set.....)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 23:04   #6
cimt

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
Amazingly, you can get the BoB BluRay for £17.99 from Amazon.

(If only I didn't have the original box-set.....)
Thanks, just ordered it off Play.com (it was the same price). I'm suprised at how cheap it is considering how much TV shows usually cost on DVD, nevermind blu-ray.
Old 07-03-2010, 00:28   #7
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

its a real bugger thats its on $ky movies....means I either have to wait for it to come on normal terrestial or .......
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:30   #8
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

i think i will go for the or........
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:03   #9
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

This looks an absolutely superb drama, I am well looking forward to it.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:14   #10
Simcut
Inactive

Services: 120mbit Virgin Media Cable Sky Digital Package (Sky+)
Simcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about themSimcut has a spectacular aura about them

Can't wait, Band Of Brothers was the best tv series I've ever seen. CANNOT WAIT!
Simcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:51   #11
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

I keep watching the trailers hoping for an actual date instead of just coming this Easter.
I also loved BoB and although different directors etc Over There which was a similar thing but set in Iraq.
I had the box set of that but loaned it to a friend and never saw it again
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010, 11:24   #12
cimt

Well the first episode has now aired in the US. It looks like it's going to be fantastic.
Old 23-03-2010, 22:34   #13
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I saw the trailer on sky 1, it said exclusive to Sky Movies HD.

Does this mean that it is only on HD, and not SD?
Old 23-03-2010, 23:43   #14
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

Well, when the new series of House was advertised as on Sky1 HD, it was shown on normal Sky1 too. Not sure if that will apply to Sky Movies though.
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 23:52   #15
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I saw the trailer on sky 1, it said exclusive to Sky Movies HD.

Does this mean that it is only on HD, and not SD?
http://creative.sky.com/thepacific/

Quote:
Exlusive to Sky Movies HD & Sky Movies
So I would assume its on both so will be showing is SD on Sky Movies to.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote