Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Glee : Season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Glee : Season 1

Old 12-01-2010, 16:40   #1
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie
Glee : Season 1

Just watched the first ep of this and was surprised how good it was, im not usually into musical shows/films but this is good, heres a run down on what the show is about...
Quote:
It's a musical comedy. The series follows an optimistic teacher, Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison), who, against all odds and a malicious cheerleading coach, attempts to save McKinley High's Glee Club from obscurity, while helping a group of aspiring underdogs realize their true star potential.
Thursdays at 9pm on E4, its worth a watch

http://www.e4.com/glee/
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2010, 17:46   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Glee

Thursdays, but it was on last night - Monday
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 18:59   #3
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Monday 9:00 is the proper slot, it's repeated Thursday, 22:00 and 23:00
http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsSe...rchString=glee

I watched the pilot when they showed it before Christmas, both the missus and I were also surprised how much we enjoyed it, didn't think it was our cup of tea, but know some ppl who watch it "by other means" who rate it highly.
admars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 19:00   #4
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Thursdays, but it was on last night - Monday
why was i thinking it was thursday yesterday haha, im so lost on time.
Old 25-01-2010, 22:58   #5
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

this program is soooooooo funny me and the wife are lovin it
Old 26-01-2010, 22:17   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Their covers of classic tracks are atrociously bad.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 23:08   #7
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
Their covers of classic tracks are atrociously bad.
Dunno I prefer their cover of 'don't stop believin' to the original.

Still loving the show even if the GF is now convinced I'm gay.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 06:26   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
Dunno I prefer their cover of 'don't stop believin' to the original.

The girl shouts on that track and the no need, the guitar riff is the only part that is any good and as for their cover of Queen's "somebody to love" its in the same league as Dedwood from X Factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
Still loving the show even if the GF is now convinced I'm gay.
I would not be telling the guys down the nick either about liking the show.

Next you will be loving Edward from Twilight.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:16   #9
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

How many more times can Rachel leave than come back to Glee club before it starts to get Tiresome. ? other than that the shows very goodwith plots that can take it on for years to come.
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 15:26   #10
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The girl shouts on that track and the no need, the guitar riff is the only part that is any good and as for their cover of Queen's "somebody to love" its in the same league as Dedwood from X Factor.

I would not be telling the guys down the nick either about liking the show.

Next you will be loving Edward from Twilight.
*Cough Cough*, is that a dig Mr Moldova? :P
Old 02-02-2010, 15:31   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie07 View Post
*Cough Cough*, is that a dig Mr Moldova? :P
I meant Derek, already aware of your obsession.
Old 02-02-2010, 17:30   #12
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I meant Derek, already aware of your obsession.
Well thats alright then :P haha
Old 27-02-2010, 20:12   #13
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Re: Glee : Season 1

outstanding so far just outstanding lets hope thay manage to keep the quality high in to the second season
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 22:26   #14
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie07 View Post
Thursdays at 9pm on E4, its worth a watch
And Frankie I have watched an episode under your recommendation

It was a decent enough show but the singing spoils it for me
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:33   #15
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Sue Sylvester the cheerleader coach cracks me up with her one liners lol

Quote:
i will go to the animal shelter, and get you a kitty kat, i will let you fall in love with that kitty kat, then on some dark cold night i will steal away into your home, and punch you in the face