Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lost : Season 6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Lost : Season 6

Old 24-05-2010, 23:19   #46
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Lost : Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

Maybe we will have more clues in bonus features on the DVD's?.
I did hear from a friend last week that you will need to buy the dvd to get a few more answers, bit of a mick take really that after watching for 6 years you still have to buy the dvd to finish the story off

Once I heard that my decision was made, I wasn't going to wake up early to watch it only to be left frustrated
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2010, 08:27   #47
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
watching this just proved to me something which i was thinking for the past few seasons , the writers didn't have a blinking clue how this was going to finish when they started writing it , no matter how you dress it up very poor ending imo , it was nearly as bad as 'ooooh it was all just a bad dream'. Just to add , where do the numbers come in
I think they just went crazy with the numbers. The numbers are just the list of candidates who were going to replace Jacob, pretty sure they said that in an episode.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 13:04   #48
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

What a load of tosh, I want those days of my life watching it returned immediately.

If they were all dead in the church, then when did Hurley, Ben and die?

What was Jacobs purpose?

What is the light?

What was the statue with the three toes about?

Loads and loads of unanswered stuff. It was without doubt the biggest WTF?? moment I've had in a long time.
Old 25-05-2010, 13:57   #49
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Everyone is asking for questions to be answered, i too was dissapointed with the ending but with the way it did end with them all actually being dead it doesn't really matter what anything meant as it wasn't real
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 16:11   #50
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

This video basically sums up my views of the whole thing - http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 21:54   #51
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

So many unanswered questions, it seems like the writers are going with the pathetic 'enigmatic' angle where we're all left to decide for ourselves. As well as the questions already asked, what about Rose's cancer disappearing on the island? Walt's power? The 'Others'? The temple? What was the smoke?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 22:44   #52
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
What a load of tosh, I want those days of my life watching it returned immediately.

What was Jacobs purpose?

What is the light?

What was the statue with the three toes about?

Loads and loads of unanswered stuff. It was without doubt the biggest WTF?? moment I've had in a long time.
That pretty much says it all.

VERY disappointed.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 23:10   #53
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Maybe this is just one ending and the DVD has another ending as a surprise?

Unlikely, but would be interesting.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 23:49   #54
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
As Jack's dad said "some died before you, some died long after you". And also said that there is no 'now' in the after life. Which makes sense if you're stuck somewhere for eternity. The church was created so everyone had a place to be reunited before moving on together.

Also remember outside Ben said Hurley was a great number 1 and Hurley said Ben was a great number 2. That implies some time had passed since Jack died and Hurley and Ben joined the church.

I can't answer the rest but that was easy.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 11:26   #55
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
As Jack's dad said "some died before you, some died long after you". And also said that there is no 'now' in the after life. Which makes sense if you're stuck somewhere for eternity. The church was created so everyone had a place to be reunited before moving on together.

Also remember outside Ben said Hurley was a great number 1 and Hurley said Ben was a great number 2. That implies some time had passed since Jack died and Hurley and Ben joined the church.

I can't answer the rest but that was easy.
Thanks,

Yes, yes I see that now, as Hurley was ultimately made the guardian of the Island.

But that just infuriates me more.

Technically they could have put this ending in absolutely anywhere in the series in the last 6 years.

It's still a massive cop out.

It just leads to believe what others have posted about Lost all the way along, in that the writers had no idea where they were going with it, and therefore no idea how to tie up all the mysteries with which they had kept the viewer hooked.
Old 27-05-2010, 11:41   #56
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

One question that i'm not sure was answered is why at the begining of the timeline where they were dead was the island shown as being under water whilst they were on the plane? Does that mean the island was eventually destroyed? Or is it not relevant because they were dead and it wasn't a 'real' world?
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2010, 13:37   #57
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Thanks,

Yes, yes I see that now, as Hurley was ultimately made the guardian of the Island.

But that just infuriates me more.

Technically they could have put this ending in absolutely anywhere in the series in the last 6 years.

It's still a massive cop out.

It just leads to believe what others have posted about Lost all the way along, in that the writers had no idea where they were going with it, and therefore no idea how to tie up all the mysteries with which they had kept the viewer hooked.
I've always said you could strip out 70% of Lost and it still won't make any less sense. It is like the writers started out with a clear vision, filmed it and then forced to make far more than they planned to due to the success of Lost. So they effectively had to make stuff up on the spot to fill the contracts and with no real idea on how to wrap it up.

It would have been much better if didn't have any of the sideways world stuff and just concentrated on the crash, the Dharma Initative and the exploitation of the electromagnetism of the island.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 00:31   #58
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Maybe this is just one ending and the DVD has another ending as a surprise?

Unlikely, but would be interesting.
another ending?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 00:49   #59
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Saw the finale this evening, one word: CRUD!
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 00:57   #60
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I am soooo glad I invested no time on this show.

To be honest it's this sort of situation with writers and backers of series that tends to make me wait until a show is actually complete and the final episode filmed before I invest any time in watching it.

I swore after John Doe ended I was never going to get caught out like that again.

I really feel everyone's pain.

Mind I remember everyone's reactions to the original series of the Prisoner and the irritation when the final episode was shown.

There was a WTF moment that evening.