Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 20-09-2018, 08:20   #5131
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Seems like everything they come out with now is bad huh mate?? (I love the first 1987 movie with the terminator in it)

Kinda sad......

I last watched THE PRINCIPAL (1987) on VHS

10/10

I think this is James BEST movie.....
Not every new film is bad.

Also Predator with Arnie was 1987
Old 21-09-2018, 15:32   #5132
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

It's not even relatively close to every new film is bad. Just a random check of IMDB post 2010, there's 250+ with a 7+ rating, I'd personally agree with the vast majority listed.

Mission Impossible: Fallout 6/10 - Don't think it was as good as the recent modern ones. Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation were better in my opinion.

A revisit to Wonder Woman, my second watch 8/10. Still the best new universe DC movie in my opinion. By new I mean starting from Man of Steel which in its own right was a fair adaption of Superman.
Old 03-10-2018, 21:34   #5133
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Venom 6.5/10
Old 03-10-2018, 21:45   #5134
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Bizarrely i havent seen it yet. I have been to see all other marvel movies on opening day but the trailer for this left me feeling "meh" and not overly excited because it isnt part of the mcu. I will go and see it but it wont be for another week or so.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:16   #5135
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Only gets a 6 for Tom Hardy saving it. The more I let it sink in a bit the more I realise its a 5 at best. Could very easily be the 2/10 critics are giving it if you scrutinise the pretty poor plot, poor finale and underwhelming character design.

This really should have set a far darker tone than it did and quickly descends into pure comedy crap rather than a potential action horror. Again the only saving grace is Tom Hardy seemingly making an effort to make this mess work.

Ultimately, Sony doing what Sony does best. Nothing.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 04-10-2018 at 10:31.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 18:56   #5136
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yeah, they should really give up trying to do stuff like this and just let Marvel do it and pay them a license fee/royalty as a % of the profits of the film. They would make a tonne more money that way.
Old 06-10-2018, 21:54   #5137
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

A Star Is Born - 8/10

Phenomenal performances from Cooper and Gaga.
Old 06-10-2018, 22:08   #5138
General Maximus
Ran Away

He is a cracking actor and fantastic in everything he is in. I loved American Sniper.
Old 06-10-2018, 22:37   #5139
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I didn't know he could sing let alone sing as good as he can. The soundtrack is amazing.

It was also his directorial debut. I predict Oscars next year.
Old 13-10-2018, 09:19   #5140
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Venom 6.5/10
So not as good as the hype then?
Old 13-10-2018, 20:41   #5141
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Utøya - 8/10. Really difficult film to watch.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 08:31   #5142
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Roma - 10/10. Great film, it's a shame it's going right to Netflix really because it deserves a big screen and sound system. Quite long though so patience is required.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 08:47   #5143
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Loose Change - American Coupe 7/10

It’s more a documentary than a film but this is the 4th edition of Loose Change. It explores the idea that 9/11 was either an inside job or that the US government knew far more about it than people were told.

I’m not really a conspiracy type and I’m not saying I agree with what LC suggests but it will make you think a lot.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 23:19   #5144
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Halloween (2018) 7.5 / 10
It was done well, a good 'sequel' for the original. 40 years later though.....

The Night Comes For Us. 2018 (Netflix) 9.5 / 10
Wow what an action packed ultra violent film. It's like 'The Raid' but cranked right up. You don't watch a film like this for the story too much. If you liked 'the Raid' and you like extreme bone crunching violence then it's hard to beat. Great fun.
Old 21-10-2018, 19:28   #5145
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Halloween (2018) 7.5 / 10
It was done well, a good 'sequel' for the original. 40 years later though.....
The original was truly one of the most iconic horror films of his day.