Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What was your favourite movie of 2018?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

What was your favourite movie of 2018?
View Poll Results: What was your favourite film?
The Greatest Showman 1 6.67%
The Darkest Hour 1 6.67%
The Commuter 0 0%
12 Strong 0 0%
Maze Runner: The Death Cure 0 0%
Red Sparrow 0 0%
Black Panther 3 20.00%
Tomb Raider 0 0%
Ready Player One 1 6.67%
Rampage 0 0%
Avengers: Infinity War 5 33.33%
Deadpool 2 1 6.67%
Solo 1 6.67%
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 0 0%
Ocean's Eight 0 0%
Skyscraper 0 0%
Incredibles 2 0 0%
Mission Impossible: Fallout 1 6.67%
Ant-man and the Wasp 0 0%
The Meg 0 0%
Darkest Minds 0 0%
The Predator 0 0%
Mile 22 0 0%
Equalizer 2 0 0%
Venom 0 0%
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms 0 0%
Mortal Engines 0 0%
Mary Poppins Returns 1 6.67%
Aquaman 0 0%
Bumblebee 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-12-2018, 20:13   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
What was your favourite movie of 2018?

Another year has passed and I think we have had another year of superb movies. I don't think it was as good as last year and next year looks even worse but I think we'll agree that there have been a few outstanding movies. I can't believe Black Panther and Infinity War were this year, it feels like yonks since I went to the cinema to see them.

Last year I did my top 10 and I really struggled because there were so many good films. This year I am only going to do a top 5 because I think it has very much been a year of two halves. There have been a few outstanding films and the rest were okay.

1) Ready Player One
2) Infinity War
3) Black Panther
4) Ant-Man and the Wasp
5) Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

The irony is not wasted on me with Ready Player One. I know I gave it 8/10 and Infinity War 10/10 but I thought it was amazing and it just makes me feel a certain way that no other film has done this year. It has the perfect blend of everything and is one of those magical movies that moves you like when you watched Jurassic Park for the first time or E.T or something. I don't know how to describe it but I love it.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-12-2018, 18:06   #2
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: What was your favourite movie of 2018?

Infinity War
Ready Player One
Deadpool 2
Black Panther

In said order. Something about Infinity war just felt like I was watching an event. A hyped spectacle that couldn't wait for a home release but needed to be seen at Cinema. Have no doubts Endgame will follow that same routine. Don't have a cinema card though so I generally fluctuate between Vue and Odeon IMAX. The latter for Ready Player One which was such a unique movie for me. Kinda like Wreck it Ralph but with far more and better references to pop culture rather than solely video gaming.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 23-12-2018 at 18:11.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 18:20   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Infinity War was was good, but overall, I enjoyed Black Panther even more.

Ant-Man and the Wasp would be my third choice

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 15:42   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Black Panther for me.