Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 12-11-2014, 21:27   #571
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Omeprazole? I used to get vicious heartburn but that stuff cleared it up perfectly.
+1 for the Omeprazole. Great stuff. Gave me a funny taste in m y mouth though.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2014, 22:11   #572
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

uplay, preordered FC3 but their crap website is not only slow, it also refuses to link to my XBL account to enter the pre order bonus code, so cancelled ordered.
Old 12-11-2014, 22:52   #573
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Been cleared to take 2 once a day. Seems to have helped more than one twice a day. Whilst not eating spicy food is not much to miss (as I have a low tolerance for spice anyway) but I do miss caffeine. I used to have a Coke with my breakfast at McD's.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 08:57   #574
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I'm sure I've moaned about this before but it really gets my goat!

People in supermarkets who arrive at the till with a pile of shopping and then suddenly awaken from their dream world only to realise they may just need to pack the stuff they've bought and actually pay for it.

"Ooohhh now where's my purse, I didn't think I'd need that in here... Oh and bags, I haven't got any bags to put all my shopping in have I... Silly me... Now will one bag be enough from my trolley load of stuff or shall I get 2... They're 5p each after all... I'll get one bag, I'm sure that will be enough... Now shall I pay by cash or card... Cash... No second thoughts I'll use my card... Now what is that PIN number again... I know, it's 1234... No wait, it's not that it's 9999 isn't it, silly me... I knew I should have written it on the back of the card... I think cash might be easier but I think I might need another bag because this one is full up and there's still a pile of stuff to pack... £53,97! I think I'll just get rid of all my change... I've got lots of 1p's and 2p's in my purse and some in the bottom of my handbag somewhere... Now let me see, that's 98p in assorted coins... Now where's my notes... I'm sure I have some somewhere... Or did I forget to go to the cash machine... That's right, I went to the machine but had forgotten my PIN so couldn't get any more cash out... Good job I have some anyway... Oh dear I only have £40 so I'll need to put some things back... I know, I'll put back all the items which cost less than £1 first and then see how much short I still am... It's a good job nobody's waiting behind me in a great big long queue isn't it... Chuckle... Oh wait, there seems to be a big long queue now... Isn't it funny how miserable people always seem to be in here..."

Grrrrr!!!!!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 09:29   #575
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I'm sure I've moaned about this before but it really gets my goat!

People in supermarkets who arrive at the till with a pile of shopping and then suddenly awaken from their dream world only to realise they may just need to pack the stuff they've bought and actually pay for it.

"Ooohhh now where's my purse, I didn't think I'd need that in here... Oh and bags, I haven't got any bags to put all my shopping in have I... Silly me... Now will one bag be enough from my trolley load of stuff or shall I get 2... They're 5p each after all... I'll get one bag, I'm sure that will be enough... Now shall I pay by cash or card... Cash... No second thoughts I'll use my card... Now what is that PIN number again... I know, it's 1234... No wait, it's not that it's 9999 isn't it, silly me... I knew I should have written it on the back of the card... I think cash might be easier but I think I might need another bag because this one is full up and there's still a pile of stuff to pack... £53,97! I think I'll just get rid of all my change... I've got lots of 1p's and 2p's in my purse and some in the bottom of my handbag somewhere... Now let me see, that's 98p in assorted coins... Now where's my notes... I'm sure I have some somewhere... Or did I forget to go to the cash machine... That's right, I went to the machine but had forgotten my PIN so couldn't get any more cash out... Good job I have some anyway... Oh dear I only have £40 so I'll need to put some things back... I know, I'll put back all the items which cost less than £1 first and then see how much short I still am... It's a good job nobody's waiting behind me in a great big long queue isn't it... Chuckle... Oh wait, there seems to be a big long queue now... Isn't it funny how miserable people always seem to be in here..."

Grrrrr!!!!!

Superb rant.

They used to be the ones that payed by cheque but hadn't written any of it out and then couldn't find the card, then suddenly realise they'd forgotton something and wandered back into the store to find it while everybody else silently cursed.

You really wonder if they know what planet they're on.
Old 13-11-2014, 10:28   #576
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I just had to vent mate.

I was in Lidl a couple of months ago and there was a well to do piece of botox infused, bling clad mutton dressed as lamb with a massive trolley full of stuff a few places in front of me. Instead of loading it onto the conveyor she was far too busy chatting away to her equally absurd friend to notice that she'd arrived at the till with all her shopping still in the trolley. Meantime, others behind had been loading their stuff onto the belt which meant there was very little space for her to offload hers before the next shopper's stuff had filled the space. Maybe she'd hitherto always had her provisions delivered by Fortnum & Mason but she seemed not to realise that items have to be removed from the trolley to be scanned and packed. A difficult concept I'll grant you... Suddenly rage and panic ensued as she grabbed a whole load of bags, threw them at the cashier and started to indignantly chuck some stuff onto the conveyor. Now rather than her vacuous friend assisting by packing the stuff rapidly building up the other side of the till, she too stood there watching the frenzied woman muttering away to herself and going to and fro as she threw a few more things onto the conveyor and then went back to pack those which had been scanned. It was reminiscent of the very best of Laurel and Hardy apart from the foul language she directed at the poor girl on the till. I'd imagine she was farting around for a good 10 minutes before we were finally free of her and her tea coloured, saddle-bag faced friend.

Outside I spotted them a few minutes later trying very slowly to manoeuvre a shiny new Range Rover through a gap a petrol tanker wouldn't have had any trouble with. God only knows what planet these people are on!...
Old 13-11-2014, 10:45   #577
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Superb rant.

They used to be the ones that payed by cheque but hadn't written any of it out and then couldn't find the card, then suddenly realise they'd forgotton something and wandered back into the store to find it while everybody else silently cursed.

You really wonder if they know what planet they're on.
I remember when I used to work at Wilkinson, and cheques were always fun. Having to swipe the cheque guarantee card, writing the card number on the back of the cheque etc etc. Lots of fun, for me anyway. Other customers? Not so much.

Paying by £50 notes invoked a similar reaction. Till staff didn't have the authority to take them, so we needed the Till Supervisor each time they were used. I'm sure I heard very audible groans for both situations!

Edit: This was 14 years ago, I feel old.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 10:53   #578
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
I remember when I used to work at Wilkinson, and cheques were always fun. Having to swipe the cheque guarantee card, writing the card number on the back of the cheque etc etc. Lots of fun, for me anyway. Other customers? Not so much.

Paying by £50 notes invoked a similar reaction. Till staff didn't have the authority to take them, so we needed the Till Supervisor each time they were used. I'm sure I heard very audible groans for both situations!

Edit: This was 14 years ago, I feel old.
Another thing which winds me up is 30 year olds who reckon they 'feel old'...

Old 13-11-2014, 11:12   #579
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Another thing which winds me up is 30 year olds who reckon they 'feel old'...

*hides*

It's all a matter of perspective I know but when I was thinking of that and realised just how long ago it was it just struck me a little.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 11:43   #580
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work at the co-op back in 2003. With cheques we'd swipe the guarantee card then the printer would attempt to print up the cheque. Fine if you had a standard chequebook, but every now and again you had someone roll up with a business sized cheque that the printer really didn't like.
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 13:19   #581
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
*hides*

It's all a matter of perspective I know but when I was thinking of that and realised just how long ago it was it just struck me a little.
You're forgiven then...
Old 13-11-2014, 13:24   #582
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

My eyes are really sore (eyelids are all swollen today) and have extremely dry skin on them. Hopefully the Hydrocortisone 0.1% cream that the doctor has prescribed will do the trick soon.
Old 13-11-2014, 14:20   #583
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
My eyes are really sore (eyelids are all swollen today) and have extremely dry skin on them. Hopefully the Hydrocortisone 0.1% cream that the doctor has prescribed will do the trick soon.
Hope it clears up soon!
Old 13-11-2014, 14:28   #584
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Sorry to hear about your eyes weenie and l do hope they improve soon.
Old 13-11-2014, 14:28   #585
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Hope it clears up soon!

Thanks, just feel like I'm falling apart at the moment how is Osem Jnr driving lessons doing?