Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 23-01-2015, 13:11   #166
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Is that a Technical Preview or a Consumer Preview?
Technical preview far as everyone is saying I think they will release Consumer preview at build conference in April
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-01-2015, 19:09   #167
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

new build now live

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso
Old 23-01-2015, 19:49   #168
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

You can upgrade from an evaluation version of the operating system to a retail version, from an older retail version to a newer version, or, in some cases, from a volume-licensed edition of the operating system to an ordinary retail edition. (Microsoft website)

so Windows 10 Technical Preview can change to retail?
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 20:00   #169
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Waiting for the Consumer Preview here.
Old 24-01-2015, 00:00   #170
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I think I will possibly install this next weekend as I am hearing things that this will essentially be the Consumer Preview in the end.

My windows 8.1 has started crashing daily with a 'DPC Watchdog Violation' error which I don't seem to be able to find a solution for so need to install 8.1 or 10!
Old 24-01-2015, 00:03   #171
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post

Just upgraded, looks good

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 00:39   #172
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Just upgraded, looks good
What do you think of the icons as there are a lot of people slagging them off on Neowin?
Old 24-01-2015, 00:42   #173
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
What do you think of the icons as there are a lot of people slagging them off on Neowin?
look ok maybe a little to bright though
Old 24-01-2015, 02:23   #174
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

windows 10 running faster then windows 8.1.

my windows 8.1 was lagging.
windows 10 feels alot better
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 16:01   #175
Dave42
cf.mega poster

How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu running Windows 10 build 9926

http://www.winbeta.org/news/how-brin...-10-build-9926

much better now
Old 24-01-2015, 16:44   #176
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

My Win 10 TP to the Jan Build 9926 went fine apart from Windows Defender maxing out the disk at first boot for about 20 mins - and my Start Menu has gone. Trying a fresh install now. All on Hyper-V BTW if that makes any difference - anybody had the same issues?
Old 24-01-2015, 17:03   #177
Dave42
cf.mega poster

heres mine with old start menu back
Old 24-01-2015, 17:06   #178
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Fresh install and now working fine...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (212.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 24-01-2015, 17:21   #179
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
They look pretty plain to me and the icons in the taskbar are to small.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu running Windows 10 build 9926

http://www.winbeta.org/news/how-brin...-10-build-9926

much better now
Excellent

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 20:08   #180
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

I didn't have the 8gb free on my machien when it tried to update, but have now. I like the fact that the message suggested it didn't have to be on my c drive, but could be any permanent drive.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote