Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media not honoring sales commitment from Direct sales team - product mis-sold

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Virgin Media not honoring sales commitment from Direct sales team - product mis-sold

Old 25-01-2018, 01:22   #1
ajaybvyas
Inactive

ajaybvyas is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media not honoring sales commitment from Direct sales team - product mis-sold

Hello CF Team,
I hope I will get some help resolving the issue with Virgin Media Sales commitment and mis-sold product.

I was planning to move home in May 2017 and was with sky copper broadband building unfortunately. So didn't renewed Sky broadband/phone package. Left the Sky landline number as well.

Started inquiring online for BB/TV/Phone package at my new potential house address. Then talked with someone at Virgin Media sales and offer was not so impressive to me so I didn't talked further.

Then I got call from one gentleman (gave his identity on phone as sales team from head quarter). I am having his name and mobile number from where he shared my new Virgin media account details and unfortunately I shared my bank details on mobile call after quite a few phone calls.

One of my friend is working in Royal mail and they are getting some employee offers/discount for virgin media products/services. He told me on that time offer for his is - full house virgin media BB/TV/Phone package £55/month and he will get £150 shopping vouchers from (Amazon/M&S etc) then I discussed same with the person kept calling me and he agreed to give me that deal plus welcome credit £100 to me and for my friend too who also wanted to move home. so can eligible for new deal. Also he referred me and similarly as per sales person I am referring to him for his new home so £50 credit can be given to both for technically referring each other in few days period.

Offer seemed more than attractive and I agreed unfortunately.
Then I moved to new place. Same person came to my place with Virgin TIVO box and router to deliver with Virgin Media branding on his car all over. Delivered things, made me signed one paper for which I never got copy and then he advised to book for engineer visit as I wanted my router to be placed on first floor where I can have my work system cabled connection and wifi at all places. So I booked engineer who cam and offered Netgear two-way plugs to have one wired connection and not to move router. I activated my internet connection meanwhile by calling only time to Virgin customer services.

Then I started using services and my acc was started getting charged for one off installation fees (for which I was told is free) and £55/month for couple of months, then I contacted the gentleman who sold me package for my £100 welcome bonus and £150 shopping vouchers. He mentioned after few phone calls that he is in holidays. Will sort out credits once back. Few more weeks, nothing happened. I kept sending him text messages and finally upon no answer I found something fishy and called customer services (for which initially the gentleman told me not to mention sold package as they don't know until I will put credits/offer there) and they didn't found any notes for any offer packages apart from standard 'full house' package. I got one letter without mentioning date of letter or amount for what Direct debit set for virgin media to check my bank details. That's it as paper work. No info on package sold or offer made.

I was shocked and explained everything. I was out of country that time but received couple of calls after I asked to escalate the complaint and contact the person who was as per CS team was still working for Virgin Media. But he never responded and I never honored for what I was promised.

I never got any written confirmation on package. I was asked for the bank details during one of the 'nice' calls from the gentleman's mobile. CS found no trail for any discussion or phone calls obliviously got calls from mobile number. Number is still suggesting same person's voicemail. Then again I asked to escalate my complaint and provide me cashback what was promised or cancel the services which they stereotypically told 12-month contract and need to pay full amount. Then they offered £50 as goodwill gesture which I rejected and again asked to escalate to higher team/management. Then deadlock happened as head office based team involved, They wrote me letter that no such offer was around on the date contract begin and they sent me contract paper on my email (I am not sure where they sent and it was completely wrong email address mentioned in the letter - not like typo but whole word is wrong). So that was not the case I can receive the letter/contract paper.

I was advised in deadlock letter to escalate my complaint to CISAS with its address, phone and general info email address provided. I was out of country for couple of months and then had couple of knee surgeries back to back. so that way there's delay I am unable to follow up on this. I asked my friend to provide me website where he found the offer for Royalmail employee. which was accepted by sales person with wording as 'Because you mentioned and know the offer, I can give you but I can't suggest you at first place being HQ sales team we can process the offer for you mention'.

I, today, called and spoken to retention team and billing team because form person from retention never willing to help put me to wrong queue by telling me that someone is waiting to take my call from direct sales team and then with surprise I was speaking to someone in Billing team to repeat the whole story I mentioned here and to the first person and before few times with CS. They didn't find any previous notes, again unfortunately. So I asked to escalate the complaint again to concerned team t ogive me answer why I am not getting phone recording of the call where I was offered the deal and I agreed. Why my bank details taken on same mobile call who offered me deal? Its absolutely data protection breach if they don't have any trace for the number I got calls from. I still have all text messages sent by the person who mis-sold me the deal and name as well.

I will again try to get in touch with them as I was promised earlier today as someone from HQ will call me because its deadlocked complaint.

So any suggestion or any known cases like these where products mis-sold and then not honored by Virgin Media ?

I am thinking to send emails to Richard Branson and top profiles in Linked in for Virgin Media. as its matter of £xxx and also to justify the truth and to avoid such tactics in future by Sales persons.

Please provide me suggestions and wording for proper complaint if my description is not enough to make others understand or boring.

Thanks
AJ

Last edited by ajaybvyas; 25-01-2018 at 01:24. Reason: typo in Title line
ajaybvyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2018, 01:58   #2
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media not honoring sales commitment from Direct sales team - product mis-s

Have you been issued with a letter stating deadlock position?

If so then you can refer to OFCOM and go to arbitration but be warned you may not get the result you want if the company has done everything they can to resolve the complaint.

Deadlock means they have offered you the best solution and you have rejected the best they can offer.

Where I work you will often get a better offer when you raise the complaint than the company need to offer.
If you reject that then you may only get the minimum that they legally need to do, often this is worse than the first offer you got to resolve the complaint initially.

Last edited by bubblegun; 26-01-2018 at 02:05.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 15:31   #3
ajaybvyas
Inactive

ajaybvyas is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media not honoring sales commitment from Direct sales team - product mis-s

Thanks for response and apologies for delay in reverting back..

Yes, I got deadlock letter and they offered me £50 which is nowhere near to early offer. (£100 welcome bonus plus £150 shopping vouchers)

Are they bound to provide me the phone calls recordings if they are 7-8 months old? As all the calls I got were from mobile and even I was asked to share my bank details on same mobile from same person every time.

He visited my place too.

I got one letter about price hike from Virgin media from November 2017 and one letter about assurance my price will NOT get changed but in fact it went up. which was not told me earlier when did contract.

I got deadlock letter without any date mentioned few months back and my letter about direct debit notification also without date. All other advertisement letters do come with dates.

Am I entitled to ask for the phone recording on which I agreed any price? because its absolute untruthful and dishonest to me from direct sales team and I want this one to escalate at highest level even in Virgin Media so in future less people can get robbed in such a way.

Is there any way apart from social media where I can call/email in virgin media?
ajaybvyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 21:13   #4
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

You might as well e-mail the little green men on Mars, probably get a quicker response. Sorry to hear of your situation... Good luck for a resolution.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote