Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 16:55   #3226
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Give me the proof and then l might be convinced..

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

l have explained my reasons to you Ad Nauseum many times but as of yet that needle of yours must keep getting stuck on that same record of yours.

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

There is nice long queue for that so you might have to wait a while before its your turn.
Yes i'll give you proof and expose my sources like.
How about you give us proof of your constant dismissals?
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2017, 17:06   #3227
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Yes i'll give you proof and expose my sources like.
How about you give us proof of your constant dismissals?
l am not dismissing anything as this is a forum for members to air their opinions and as of yet l am still waiting for confirmation that any of this is actually going to be happening but l am open to pleasant surprises if they do arrive.
Old 03-11-2017, 00:33   #3228
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
l am not dismissing anything as this is a forum for members to air their opinions and as of yet l am still waiting for confirmation that any of this is actually going to be happening but l am open to pleasant surprises if they do arrive.
So i presume you'll be asking MB for proof then too?
Old 03-11-2017, 08:41   #3229
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
So i presume you'll be asking MB for proof then too?
l always do.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:09   #3230
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
From my recent use I'd agree however I do wonder why they dropped the ball with the looks of the box and the use of the same old dated UI.
Having had one for a couple of weeks now, it is damn quick and as for looks...it's a box and as mine is behind the TV on the floor, you can't actually see it, so not that bothered what it looks like.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:42   #3231
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
Having had one for a couple of weeks now, it is damn quick and as for looks...it's a box and as mine is behind the TV on the floor, you can't actually see it, so not that bothered what it looks like.
As I say agreed regards speed , as you say looks is not an issue for those who have it where it can't be seen but these days many people do factor how something looks in hence why the likes of Apple , Samsung etc spend so much money on design.

Last edited by muppetman11; 03-11-2017 at 10:46.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:51   #3232
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
As I say agreed regards speed , as you say looks is not an issue for those who have it where it can't be seen but these days many people do factor how something looks in hence why the likes of Apple , Samsung etc spend so much money on design.

The V6 bix is small, quick and unobtrusive - what is there not to like.

It doesn't have lights that go round when you play a recording (unlike sky box) but personally I don't watch those lights I'm watching my tv.

Had the V6 boxes since Feb and very impressed overall
Old 03-11-2017, 11:55   #3233
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
The V6 bix is small, quick and unobtrusive - what is there not to like.

It doesn't have lights that go round when you play a recording (unlike sky box) but personally I don't watch those lights I'm watching my tv.

Had the V6 boxes since Feb and very impressed overall
For the record I hate the light myself , the only consolation is since the last update it's not quite as bright.

Clearly looks will always be subjective , I'm not on my own in this though many of the reviews say similar. If the worst I can find is the looks then clearly I agree with most of what you say.

Last edited by muppetman11; 03-11-2017 at 12:11.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:18   #3234
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
For the record I hate the light myself , the only consolation is since the last update it's not quite as bright.

Clearly looks will always be subjective , I'm not on my own in this though many of the reviews say similar. If the worst I can find is the looks then clearly I agree with most of what you say.
It is a bit of an ugly beast but I agree that the functionality is what is most important.
Old 03-11-2017, 13:02   #3235
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

So the topic is coming soon to Virgin Media. So what is coming to VM?
I really don't think this is the thread for the various virtues or defects of
the V6. Plenty of V6 threads for that.
Old 03-11-2017, 13:27   #3236
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
l always do.
Ofcourse you do

Back to coming soon vm now offer none vm customers to buy from the virgin media store, is this new or been there from the start?
Old 03-11-2017, 13:47   #3237
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Ofcourse you do

Back to coming soon vm now offer none vm customers to buy from the virgin media store, is this new or been there from the start?
I'm not sue, but this must be the way to go. It can only bolster VM's income streams.
Old 04-11-2017, 18:05   #3238
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

In an earlier post I was concerned that Talking Pictures might close if they lost their temporary Freeview slot.

Some good news, from 30/11/17 they will be moving to a permanent Freeview mux and will be available to more people
Old 04-11-2017, 18:16   #3239
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Ofcourse you do

That's always been the case for Virgin Media Store. You don't need to be a customer to use the website or mobile apps.

However the only TV app for Virgin Media Store is on a Virgin TV V6 box
Old 04-11-2017, 19:32   #3240
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That's always been the case for Virgin Media Store. You don't need to be a customer to use the website or mobile apps.

However the only TV app for Virgin Media Store is on a Virgin TV V6 box
Thanks Ben.
Closed Thread