Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 09:59   #916
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Celtic played badly and dont really deserve to be back in.

But Warsaw broke the rules and the punishment is clearly outlined.

There is nothing back door about this decision. Warsaw obviously thought they could get away with breaking the rules.
I think that last bit's harsh. The rules were broken and the correct decision was obviously made. But I don't believe that at the time they brought him on they knew he was still suspended, and thought they'd get away with it.
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2014, 10:03   #917
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist View Post
I think that last bit's harsh. The rules were broken and the correct decision was obviously made. But I don't believe that at the time they brought him on they knew he was still suspended, and thought they'd get away with it.
Yes, I don't think Warsaw deliberately broke the rules, there was nothing to gain - unless Berg had a fiver on Celtic to go through
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:31   #918
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

What so they accidently put on a suspended player?

Even I find that hard to believe.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:47   #919
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
What so they accidently put on a suspended player?

Even I find that hard to believe.
It wasn't an accident that they put him on, that was deliberate, but only because they thought he'd served his suspension. They were 6-1 up with a few minutes left to play, they're hardly going to put an ineligible player on knowing they'll break the rules.
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:30   #920
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
Yes, I don't think Warsaw deliberately broke the rules, there was nothing to gain - unless Berg had a fiver on Celtic to go through
it would need to be a bit more than a fiver
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 22:45   #921
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Stephen and London Road, What total crap, that you are talking

Spurs played there full first team squad - and they have stated that they were saddened that Celtic didn't play there full team either. Its was Celtic way of making there team do extra training after failing in the first leg.

The only sour grapes that l have is that Fans from BOTH sides have paid an awful lot of money to see this game - and ended up watching a FULL FIRST TEAM sqaud play a youth team.

And secondly, l understand Warsaw are appealing on the ground s that OTHER teams have played players not registered and have been FINED, and that there sending on of the player DID NOT interfere with the result.

This has happened with Celtic before. I sent an email to Celtic about this and have not had one reply.

It doesn't matter wether they are playining important games several days later, it happens every season in EPL - and at the end of the day Celtic made £250.00 will they dontate that to charity. I doubt it very much
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 23:11   #922
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Stephen and London Road, What total crap, that you are talking

Spurs played there full first team squad - and they have stated that they were saddened that Celtic didn't play there full team either. Its was Celtic way of making there team do extra training after failing in the first leg.

The only sour grapes that l have is that Fans from BOTH sides have paid an awful lot of money to see this game - and ended up watching a FULL FIRST TEAM sqaud play a youth team.

And secondly, l understand Warsaw are appealing on the ground s that OTHER teams have played players not registered and have been FINED, and that there sending on of the player DID NOT interfere with the result.

This has happened with Celtic before. I sent an email to Celtic about this and have not had one reply.

It doesn't matter wether they are playining important games several days later, it happens every season in EPL - and at the end of the day Celtic made £250.00 will they dontate that to charity. I doubt it very much
If you ever back up your points with facts or links I'll consider entering into a discussion with you. Celtic often send youth/ second string teams to play small insignificant clubs. All big clubs do that.

Warsaw broke the rules by fielding a suspended player. That is an automatic 3-0 forfeit. No Club has ever only been fined for fielding a suspended player.

Please don't pester my club with irrelevant and ill informed communication. Our administrators are far too busy ensuring that we comply with the relevant rules and regulations of the Football authorities.

If you feel aggrieved about this rule then direct your communication to UEFA. They make the rules, they instigated the investigation, they applied the only punishment available.

I'm grateful that in Athur world what I talk is crap. I'll guess that translates to what I talk is fact.
Old 11-08-2014, 00:16   #923
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Stephen and London Road, What total crap, that you are talking Spurs played there full first team squad - and they have stated that they were saddened that Celtic didn't play there full team either. Its was Celtic way of making there team do extra training after failing in the first leg.

The only sour grapes that l have is that Fans from BOTH sides have paid an awful lot of money to see this game - and ended up watching a FULL FIRST TEAM squad play a youth team.

Sorry but have you read what you just typed? Celtic did not have to send the first team. There was nothing that ever stated they had to or would. With a Champions league game either side of that Spurs match there is no way the first team could play and be fit for the second leg.

Exactly they were fined for players not registered, that is a totally different rule to playing suspended players. It doesn't matter if it affected the outcome of the game or not. The player was serving a suspension and playing him meant that they were disqualified.

There will be no appeal, it firmly states in the rules, punishment for fielding an inellibable player is removal from the competition.

Wait what? Celtic only made £250.00 from the game?? oh dear. Did you meant £250,000. Where was that stated? Yet again an Arthur post not backed up by facts or links. You think that Celtic have the time to respond to every single letter that gets sent to them.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:34   #924
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I suggest Stephen and London Road, you read various newspapers, regarding the appeal.

They are allowed to appeal - and are allowed 14 days.

And IF, you read various sports papers. Several clubs HAVE BEEN FINED for fielding a non registered player - read daily Mirror, it was in there yesterday.

I like Celtic as a club, but l don't like the fact that everyone thinks they are supreme. Well they lost that title when Lennon was in charge.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:29   #925
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Arthur for the final time. Being fined for a non registered player is a totally separate issue from fielding a suspended player which is punishable by being disqualified from the CL.
Old 11-08-2014, 13:27   #926
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
I suggest Stephen and London Road, you read various newspapers, regarding the appeal.

They are allowed to appeal - and are allowed 14 days.

And IF, you read various sports papers. Several clubs HAVE BEEN FINED for fielding a non registered player - read daily Mirror, it was in there yesterday.

I like Celtic as a club, but l don't like the fact that everyone thinks they are supreme. Well they lost that title when Lennon was in charge.
What a load of carp. In Arthur world Warsaw would be allowed to appeal up until after the first legs of the next round have been played
If the appeal was successful UEFA would have to do the draw again as Legia can't take Celtic's seeded place. Meantime the rest of Europe have to cancel all their hotel and travel arrangements..... You should really think about some of the carp you read in papers and stop passing it off as if it were gospel.
Old 11-08-2014, 13:39   #927
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I read that Warsaw were offering a one off match between them and Celtic and the winner gets the Champions League spot. Whilst I would love to see that, unfortunately Celtic will gain from Warsaw being idiots.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 13:47   #928
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I read that Warsaw were offering a one off match between them and Celtic and the winner gets the Champions League spot. Whilst I would love to see that, unfortunately Celtic will gain from Warsaw being idiots.
While that would seem to be a fair and honourable solution, I don't see that it can happen. There are no provisions within UEFA regulations to allow it to happen. It could lead to both clubs being banned from European competitions if they try to circumvent UEFA rules.

There are also the practicalities of the situation now that the draw has taken place. UEFA wouldn't allow Legia to take Celtic's seeding as this would be akin to rewarding the team that have fielded a suspended player.

My initial sympathy for Legia is waning day by day as they refuse to accept that they messed up big time and face the consequences.
Old 11-08-2014, 19:06   #929
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Did you see the open letter they wrote to Celtic? Its rather embarassing for them. Trying to sully the clubs history and bring in Maley and others.
Old 11-08-2014, 22:32   #930
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

I think what Warsaw have done is quite honorable in asking Celtic to play a game to decide the tie. There was an article in The Daily Express stating that Warsaw have asked Celtic, But sadly, Celtic have said its nothing to do with them, and left it to FIFA. And they are still appealing.This reminds me of the Man Utd Game against Tottenham many years ago. Spurs clearly scored a goal. The Officals stated they did not see the game, yet the ball was clearly over the line. The following morning Sir Alex was asked if he would contact the FA to state, that he saw the goal was correct. He said it was up to the FA. Yes, it might not be the same scenrio. But l find it very sad. I always thought honesty was the best policy. But it wont effect the result