Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 21-11-2012, 20:26   #196
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
It seems to ignore the facts. Tax man pursued Rangers as they were blatantly using EBT wrongly and illegally.

To say otherwise is somewhat silly.

They had a set back when others disagree, though I suspect they will appeal that.

During that period, they were also withholding other tax revenues they should have been paying (NI and tax).

I worry when journalists promote tax evasion.
Traynor has been Murray's mouthpiece for years. Nobody who had read the tribunal findings could write such an article.

He makes no mention of the side contracts which are mentioned extensively in the report. He also seems to forget that Rangers were liquidated owing nearly £60 million that had nothing to with the "big tax case".

The appeal was partially successfull on a legal technicality. The interpretation by the majority is heavily criticised by the the only tax expert on the panel. There's mileage in this yet.

IMHO the decision does seem perverse having read the evidence. Perhaps the majority didn't read Peter Lawell's instructions properly or were promised exclusive use of the goat this month.

I'm having fun trying to work out who all the anonymised individuals are.

How anybody could perceive this judgement to be a victory is beyond me. You would have to be morally bankrupt to consider this to be any kind of vindication.

http://www.financeandtaxtribunals.go...50/TC02372.pdf
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2012, 18:16   #197
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

The Comedy Club roadshow continues.

Sevco game called off because Elgin sold too many tickets. You couldn't make it up.

http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/20...-with-rangers/

Old 23-11-2012, 18:30   #198
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
There's mileage in this yet.
Damn right there is. The company that used to control Rangers would probably have come out of administration via a CVA as most of the other creditors were willing to accept a CVA that was blocked by HMRC over a tax bill that was never correct.

Then there is the criminal enquiries into Craig Whytes takeover and tenure at Rangers and the fallout from that.

There is also the 'independent' tribunal to come in January. Funny how the illness of a 'low level paper gatherer' can cause it to be delayed. You might almost think that Harper McLeod had a greater role in this than has been admitted so far.

I suppose in the interests of fairness and sporting integrity we should examine the tax affairs of Celtic and their under reporting of attendances in the 70's and 80's to avoid paying tax.
I propose a leading lawyer takes charge of this, say Donald Findlay? I can't see any Celtic fan having an issue with such a well known and respected legal figure delving into historic matters.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Quote:
The Comedy Club roadshow continues.

Sevco game called off because Elgin sold too many tickets. You couldn't make it up.

http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/20...-with-rangers/
Rangers are so well supported they cause games to be abandoned due to overselling. Don't suppose that would be an issue with Pacific Shelf FC.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 22:08   #199
LondonRoad
Inactive

Are you really that delusional Derek or do you only get your information from the mainstream media?

Not read the report I see

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post

Rangers are so well supported they cause games to be abandoned due to overselling. Don't suppose that would be an issue with Pacific Shelf FC.
If you look back in the thread you'll find the ultimate proof that the Pacific Shelf thing is a delusion that only hurting Sevco supporters haven't dismissed.

I'm weary of giving you facts that are readily available and then you ignore them because they don't fit in with your hurting delusional agenda.

On the delusional fantastic support Rangers have, check out the year on year figures for the highest attendances in Scotland.

If that doesn't burst your delusional bubble, check out the Ibrokes attendances for the 2 crunch European games in the final season of Rangers (RIP). If this support were as fantastic as you claim they might have provided the sort of atmosphere that would have lifted the players and sent Rangers on a money spinning run..... that might have allowed taxes to be paid.

What was the Rangers fans response when Minty (forced by the banks) had to start cutting back? They protested, marched on Ibrokes (you like your walks don't you ) under the "We deserve better" banner.
Old 24-11-2012, 13:27   #200
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Nae Green Brigade today better look out ma song sheet
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 18:07   #201
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Are you really that delusional Derek or do you only get your information from the mainstream media?

Not read the report I see
Actually I've read pretty much most of it. Unlike the Rangers Tax Case blogger who, inbetween deleting most of the posts now he's realised a knock on the door early one Friday is likely, skipped to the end and proclaimed loudly that Rangers had been found guilty on all charges only to realise that once again he had made himself look foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Nae Green Brigade today better look out ma song sheet
Not that many other fans either On the brightside my fellow officers will have had a much quieter shift than usual without them being in the naughty corner.

Amazing how every other team in Scotland can bring up their attendance figures you when celtic are playing in front of the green seats the attendance gets sneaked out a few days later once another 10k or so are added to it.

On the bright side only 20,000 or so of 'The greatest fans in the world' saw their team get pumped by Inverness Caley today.

Just a pity Rangers aren't playing this weekend as they are so popular games get sold out way beyond capacity.
Old 24-11-2012, 19:03   #202
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

20,000 aye right ya numpty. You say your an officer? Police? With the thinly veiled bigotry you display on here I find that disturbing but sadly not surprising. You are a joke.
Old 24-11-2012, 19:32   #203
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
20,000 aye right ya numpty. You say your an officer? Police?
10 points for Mr ghost. Whilst I obviously wasn't at the game I was listening in to various commentary streams this afternoon. The phrases 'half-full' was mentioned more than once and in the STV match report you can find this little gem.

Quote:
The absence of the Green Brigade - the vociferous and occasionally controversial section of the Hoops support who were boycotting the match after claiming they had been subject to "oppressive police tactics" in recent months - deadened the atmosphere further in a half-filled stadium.
I see now the official attendance is over 44,000. At least losing to ICT hasn't affected their sense of humour.

Quote:
With the thinly veiled bigotry you display on here I find that disturbing but sadly not surprising. You are a joke.
I do find humour quite easy, especially when it comes to mocking celtic but I always like an easy target.

And a bigot? Yeah right.
Old 24-11-2012, 20:05   #204
Henkesghost
Sceptic

[QUOTE=Derek;35501701]10 points for Mr ghost. Whilst I obviously wasn't at the game I was listening in to various commentary streams this afternoon. The phrases 'half-full' was mentioned more than once and in the STV match report you can find this little gem.

I see now the official attendance is over 44,000. At least losing to ICT hasn't affected their sense of humour.

I do find humour quite easy, especially when it comes to mocking celtic but I always like an easy target.

Hilarious. An easy target? Celtic ha ha you are truly insane. Let's look at this Celtic, champions, top of the league, in Champions league, guaranteed Europe after Christmas, in one Cup Semi final, multi million pound rated players. Who is it you support, well after your club died which was hilarious you support a team in the lowest division in Scotland, hilarious. they lost to the worst side in Scotland, hilarious, out of two cup competitions one to a wee diddy team that I can't even remember, hilarious, banned from Europe for 3 years not that you'd get close to it anyway, hilarious, banned from signing players, hilarious. Watching Kevin Kyle, hilarious, more disciplinary cases hanging over you, hilarious, an owner that is ripping it out of you. Now there's an easy joke for you
Old 24-11-2012, 20:24   #205
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Let's look at this Celtic, *tainted* champions,
*snip*
Now there's an easy joke for you
There you go. I fixed that for you.

I see you are taking the result well. Almost as well as your manager who showed his class again having a shouting match with a fan good enough to actually turn up.

Old 24-11-2012, 20:30   #206
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Aye good comeback, and that's the hilarious part that is the best you got. Look let's talk in 3 or 4 years time if your team lives that long and is somewhere on our radar. G'd night
Old 24-11-2012, 21:34   #207
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
And a bigot? Yeah right.
It depends how you define bigot. I'd define a bigot is a person who is intolerantly devoted to his own opinions and prejudices and regards or treats a group with hatred and/or intolerance. Coupled with this bigots refuse to take on board any fact that doesn't fit in with their own narrow minded agenda

If you reread some of your postings in this thread you'll see you tick most of the boxes for being considered bigotted.

You actually come across as being anti-Celtic than pro-Rangers. Your IQ seems to drop considerably with your pathetic attempts at slagging all things Celtic. Do they not ask basic arithmetic questions to be a beat bobby?

Example Question
A football Stadium with a capacity of 60,000 is described as being half empty. How many people are attending the match.

20,000 Deek? You're showing yourself up again.

My 7 year old got closer than one of Strathclyde's finest
Old 24-11-2012, 23:20   #208
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Right, I've had enough. The banter in here has been right on the edge for weeks now but frankly it is turning extremely nasty and I think ALL of you need to reacquaint yourselves with the forum rules.

There are forums out there where they tolerate this nonsense but this is not one of them. If you can't carry on a civil conversation about Scottish football then I will be closing this thread and hefting the frack hammer.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 10:27   #209
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

The race for the first division title is warming up nicely. Both Partick thistle and Dunfermline level on points with just over a third of the season played. Partick play Dunermline next Saturday in the Scottish Cup, should be a good tie.

2 weeks ago it was reported in The Courier that Dunfermline owed £81,000 to HMRC. In October some players and staff didn't get paid on time. Does anyone know anymore about this?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 10:42   #210
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The race for the first division title is warming up nicely. Both Partick thistle and Dunfermline level on points with just over a third of the season played. Partick play Dunermline next Saturday in the Scottish Cup, should be a good tie.

2 weeks ago it was reported in The Courier that Dunfermline owed £81,000 to HMRC. In October some players and staff didn't get paid on time. Does anyone know anymore about this?
It looks like the threat of administration has been removed in the short term but obviously there are still problems.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Fo...with-hmrc.html

I saw the jags earlier in the season and they're playing some nice football. Ironically the day I saw them they got beat but it was one of those games that turned on a sending off.

It should be an interesting game next week.