Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 28-07-2013, 16:12   #2731
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Do i take it that VM are not getting the BT sports channel then ?.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2013, 16:14   #2732
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Do i take it that VM are not getting the BT sports channel then ?.
Perhaps as one very much in the know perhaps you can tell us.
Old 28-07-2013, 16:57   #2733
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l for one have never had blind loyalty but alas previous experience's tell me its better the devil you know rather then jump from the frying pan into the fire as some people do for a cheaper price as they can often find it can backfire and bite you back in the face
I actually spat out my drink all over the keyboard at this. Unbelievable
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 17:37   #2734
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

On August 1st the phone lines to Sky, will be very hot. As i woke up this morning and thought that - no, it won't be on VM.

I cannot believe that a major company such as VM would treat the customers with such contempt at not telling its customers one way or the other, whether they have got the channels.

If there is an agreement between Sky/BT/ VM not to say anything about it, you would have thought that VM would be shouting from the roof tops to get as many subs as possible. Cannot believe the silence.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 17:43   #2735
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
On August 1st the phone lines to Sky, will be very hot. As i woke up this morning and thought that - no, it won't be on VM.

I cannot believe that a major company such as VM would treat the customers with such contempt at not telling its customers one way or the other, whether they have got the channels.

If there is an agreement between Sky/BT/ VM not to say anything about it, you would have thought that VM would be shouting from the roof tops to get as many subs as possible. Cannot believe the silence.
Its not as simple as that Arthur and lets wait before coming to kneejerk conclusions.
Old 28-07-2013, 17:49   #2736
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:

If there's an agreement not to say anything you would have thought Virgin would be saying something? Is that really what you meant?
Old 28-07-2013, 18:22   #2737
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
If there's an agreement not to say anything you would have thought Virgin would be saying something? Is that really what you meant?
That is how it reads....
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 19:02   #2738
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Yes, IF an agreement has been made then at least customers should know what is happening.

For the last couple of months - we have seen big ads from Sky and BT to attract customers - from VM NOTHING.

If l was on the board of directors, of customer services l would be totally ashamed. Customers are the most important thing for any company, l can assure you that l don't hear by 31st July, what is happening. I will call Sky and switch it all back on and take my custom elsewhere.

The big games for Spurs are on BT Sport. Wake up VM or you will lose a customer.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 19:07   #2739
Jameseh

Then Sky will make another balls up and you'll come trudging back.
Old 28-07-2013, 20:01   #2740
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Yes, IF an agreement has been made then at least customers should know what is happening.

For the last couple of months - we have seen big ads from Sky and BT to attract customers - from VM NOTHING.

If l was on the board of directors, of customer services l would be totally ashamed. Customers are the most important thing for any company, l can assure you that l don't hear by 31st July, what is happening. I will call Sky and switch it all back on and take my custom elsewhere.

The big games for Spurs are on BT Sport. Wake up VM or you will lose a customer.
Oi! The big game for Spurs is on the first Sunday, and it's on Sky Bale's hearts not in it, players you've never heard of will tear you to shreds, and it'll be another three points for the Palace survival fund (just like last time!).

Back on point, if the agreement is that they can't say anything then how can they say anything? They'd be in breach of their agreement!
Old 28-07-2013, 20:57   #2741
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:

If and its a big if they've done a deal BT may have put a block on VM announcing anything till a certain date if this is the case there is nothing they can do about it
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 21:16   #2742
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

I must confess that my self-assured "it's ok, we'll get BT Sports" position is changing. I'm getting a bit nervous about it all now that UK Drama is probably one of the channels coming. That's not much of a replacement for ESPN for me. Will tomorrow bring any news??
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 21:21   #2743
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Thing is though the majority are existing broadband customers adding the new service for free so BT's profits won't gain that much they only signed up 23,000 new pay-TV subscribers where as Talk Talk added 160,000 customers to its pay-TV service to the end of June

BT must be concerned by there pay TV service considering they've only got around 833,000 customers in around 7 years
If BT can stop the flow of customers leaving BT Broadband and keep those customers on board and paying subs then they have done what they set out to do.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 21:24   #2744
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Oi! The big game for Spurs is on the first Sunday, and it's on Sky Bale's hearts not in it, players you've never heard of will tear you to shreds, and it'll be another three points for the Palace survival fund (just like last time!).
I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of Kevin Philips, whether he can hack it in the big time at his age is another thing, he seems to have been shying away from it for a few years.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 22:17   #2745
andy_m
cf.mega poster

If he's on the pitch it's because we're losing in the last ten minutes. So expect to see a lot of him!