Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 recording stuttering and pixelated

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

V6 recording stuttering and pixelated

Old 08-01-2021, 14:29   #16
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: V6 recording stuttering and pixelated

I set the V6 to record the first 13 HD channels one by one. Stuttering on 101 (BBC1 Wales). 102 (BBC2 Wales) and 135 (SkyCrime). I then repeated the test and got the same results.

103 was perfect.

A minor family hiccough meant I could not continue the testing of more HD channels, but should get it done today.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2021, 14:52   #17
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

OK, that's so random the only explanation I can think of is that one tuner is faulty, and if it happens to use that tuner for a recording you get the pixellation. You still need a new box.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 18:29   #18
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
You still need a new box.
I'm binging like mad on my collection of Flash and Arrow, my eyes are going square (rectangular actually as it's widescreen ).
Old 08-01-2021, 18:44   #19
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I'm binging like mad on my collection of Flash and Arrow, my eyes are going square (rectangular actually as it's widescreen ).
Are they not on Catch Up / Box Sets?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 20:29   #20
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I'm catching up with 'Randall and Hopkirk (deceased)'. Granted as it was first broadcast in 1970, it's taken me while !
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 18:33   #21
Taf
cf.mega poster

So whilst I keep watching all the Flash episodes, I noticed that it's only recent HD recordings that fail.

So in settings, I turned the option to "record in HD if possible" off.

I then set new programmes to record in both SD and HD (I found I had to set the HD one first or the programme just flipped the SD copy to HD and then deleted it).

But yesterday I noticed all my recordings had been made in HD only, and the SD ones deleted.

Ah well, back to recording and watching in SD until I have binged my eyes to the limit and request a new V6.
Old 16-01-2021, 11:59   #22
Taf
cf.mega poster

The V6 is being a PITA.

I deleted the active series links, set the overall setting to be "never record in HD".

Then I remade the series links to SD channels only.

I check the next day and all the links have been changed to HD channels!
Old 18-01-2021, 11:31   #23
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
The V6 is being a PITA.

I deleted the active series links, set the overall setting to be "never record in HD".

Then I remade the series links to SD channels only.

I check the next day and all the links have been changed to HD channels!
was this on any particular series/programmes? What were they?
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 12:13   #24
Taf
cf.mega poster

It's all channels and all programmes that I had to set to record in SD. I noticed that the "Record in HD if possible" remains, but is greyed-out.
Old 18-01-2021, 12:16   #25
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It's all channels and all programmes that I had to set to record in SD. I noticed that the "Record in HD if possible" remains, but is greyed-out.
I switched over to watch a bit of Born on The 4th July on UHD channel last night the stuttering was very bad the film was 1 hour 37 mins into the movie so I gave up after 5 mins
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 13:40   #26
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It's all channels and all programmes that I had to set to record in SD.
Which channels specifically has this happened on?

Quote:
I noticed that the "Record in HD if possible" remains, but is greyed-out
I think that's normal for any series link that is set for a specific channel. The option is relevant where the channel is set to "All".
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2021, 17:02   #27
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Which channels specifically has this happened on?.
Sky, Sky Witness, C4.
Old 21-01-2021, 21:05   #28
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Sky, Sky Witness, C4.
Sky One I presume? And are these SD or HD versions?
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 11:46   #29
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
Sky One I presume? And are these SD or HD versions?
I set to record on the SD channels, but the V6 immediately changes the series link to the HD channel. Most annoying.