Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Olympics

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Olympics
Closed Thread

Old 26-06-2012, 14:08   #61
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: The Olympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Talking to another driver yesterday and he said his company along with most other courier companies have been given a 38 page directive from some official body saying that during the Olympic period all deliveries into London will only be allowed into London between the hours of 12 midnight and 5 am ,anybody missing that slot will have to park up and wait for the next delivery period ,so be warned it's going to be chaos
That's why my company isn't doing any delivery runs during the olympics.
Advertisement
Old 26-06-2012, 14:14   #62
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
That's why my company isn't doing any delivery runs during the olympics.
rumor is that DHL have refused as well .We do regular runs into london for shopfitters which will still continue

Old 26-06-2012, 14:19   #63
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
oh no - I've changed my mobile since placing the order! My Orbit ones were just put through the post (albeit in a Timed Delivery envelope), we didn't have to sign for them. I was expecting the same here. I might go online and see if I can amend my number.

What are you going to Daniel?
We bid for the Velodrome and the Waterpolo finals. We didn't get the Velodrome, but we did get the Waterpolo. We were hoping to see the Dutch women defend their Olympic title, but they failed to qualify. Ah well, my wife used to play waterpolo, so I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

What are you going to?

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
rumor is that DHL have refused as well .We do regular runs into london for shopfitters which will still continue
Off Topic: Why is it that I ALWAYS misread shopfitters as shoplifters?
Old 26-06-2012, 14:24   #64
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post

Off Topic: Why is it that I ALWAYS misread shopfitters as shoplifters?
I my experience mate ,one and the same

Old 26-06-2012, 14:34   #65
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
We bid for the Velodrome and the Waterpolo finals. We didn't get the Velodrome, but we did get the Waterpolo. We were hoping to see the Dutch women defend their Olympic title, but they failed to qualify. Ah well, my wife used to play waterpolo, so I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

What are you going to?
We're going to the women's handball bronze medal match on the 11th Aug. Bid for diving but the only tickets were almost 180 each and I needed 4!

After that my main motive was to get into the park and watch any event I guess - so this was a cheapish way to do that and take in an event. I really wanted to get into the pool but when I got round to bidding all the waterpolo tickets were gone too!
Old 27-06-2012, 17:09   #66
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Anyone want to hear the official song of the Olympics?

Quote:
We are very excited to announce that a Muse song, Survival, has been selected by the London Olympic committee to be the main official song for the London 2012 Olympic Games. Matt wrote the song with the Olympics in mind. It's about total conviction and pure determination to win.

The song will be played throughout the Games including when athletes enter the stadium, in the lead up to the medal ceremony and also as the theme for all international TV coverage. The worldwide radio exclusive will be tonight on BBC Radio 1 around 19:30 and will be available to buy on iTunes and in the muse.mu store immediately afterwards.

We are honoured that the Olympics have chosen our song to officially represent the London 2012 Olympic Games across the globe.
http://muse.mu/news/article/785/muse...-the-olympics/
Old 28-06-2012, 18:02   #67
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I see Beckham has been turned down for team GB..However if cheat Dwain Chambers can get in why not Becks?

Old 29-06-2012, 15:13   #68
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I see Beckham has been turned down for team GB
All this hype has shown a lot of people have completely lost perspective. Team GB is NOT all about England.

Ryan Giggs has never played in a major international tournament, Beckham has. In the interests of fairness alone it makes sense that Giggsy gets in at Beckham's expense.

RG has been playing at the highest level for the last 21 years. DB has been playing in America's "soccer league" for 5 years.

No comparison in my view.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 29-06-2012, 15:34   #69
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I see Beckham has been turned down for team GB..However if cheat Dwain Chambers can get in why not Becks?

Beckham's yesterday's man when it comes to on field activities and ought to carry on doing what he and his wife do best - promoting Posh & Becks Inc. Chambers wouldn't be in if the BOA had got their way. He'd be banned.
Old 29-06-2012, 17:26   #70
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

And Dwain Chambers?Do we really want him on our team?
Old 29-06-2012, 17:33   #71
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
And Dwain Chambers?Do we really want him on our team?
No he should have been banned for life full stop.
Old 29-06-2012, 19:37   #72
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

^ What den said, cheats should never prosper.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:56   #73
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

For anyone interested there has been a lot of olympics tickets released on the official website today, including athletics (mens 100m final) and both ceremonies. You probably have to be quick though as they go fast.

I managed to get some more athletics tickets.
Old 05-07-2012, 14:10   #74
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
For anyone interested there has been a lot of olympics tickets released on the official website today, including athletics (mens 100m final) and both ceremonies. You probably have to be quick though as they go fast.

I managed to get some more athletics tickets.
Well done Shadow for getting some more tickets but l will just watch it on the box and that will do for me.
Old 18-07-2012, 11:55   #75
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Great ad for the Paralympics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuAPP...ature=youtu.be
Closed Thread