Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Upload Speed Increases

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

VM Upload Speed Increases

Old 02-07-2019, 10:25   #31
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Wink Re: 200mb upload speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunel View Post
Price Hikes as Virgin Media Start Boosting Broadband Upload Speeds

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...ad-speeds.html
Well there's s surprise !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2019, 11:52   #32
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road
Re: 200mb upload speed

My think broadband graph has gone funny since being upgraded to 20Mb upload.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:50   #33
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
My think broadband graph has gone funny since being upgraded to 20Mb upload.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Well i've never seen 1 like that before, have you tried turning everything off and on again?
Old 03-07-2019, 13:32   #34
crazyronnie
cf.addict

not yet, i'll do that when i get home this evening. But i'll definitely report back
Old 03-07-2019, 13:38   #35
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
not yet, i'll do that when i get home this evening. But i'll definitely report back
I've never seen such a thin yellow maximum latency before on a VM graph, are you on a regular VM cabled connection?
Old 03-07-2019, 13:42   #36
crazyronnie
cf.addict

To be fair i've never seen it that low before either. Yep i'm on a normal Home Broadband Connection
Old 03-07-2019, 13:47   #37
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Double check it is your graph and the IP hasn't changed.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:41   #38
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
To be fair i've never seen it that low before either. Yep i'm on a normal Home Broadband Connection
What was the outcome of your graph, i see it looks more normal on the pic although all red now?
Old 05-07-2019, 11:46   #39
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Hi Snoopz, sorry for not getting back to you. The graph did go back to normal. The IP address was correct and still is.

For some reason the thinkbroadband monitor cant ping my connection now. I logged into the HUB3 to see if any of the settings had been changed but for the life of me couldn't find the option to respond to external pings. I'll have to have a look again this evening.

I have the white HUB3 that virgin were sending out as part of their trials program many years ago. I'm not sure if the device has started to develop issues.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:15   #40
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Hi Snoopz, sorry for not getting back to you. The graph did go back to normal. The IP address was correct and still is.

For some reason the thinkbroadband monitor cant ping my connection now. I logged into the HUB3 to see if any of the settings had been changed but for the life of me couldn't find the option to respond to external pings. I'll have to have a look again this evening.

I have the white HUB3 that virgin were sending out as part of their trials program many years ago. I'm not sure if the device has started to develop issues.
The only thing i have enabled in the Hub3 Firewall settings is Firewall protection if that helps.

I don't think there is an option for external pings on the Hub3 and i also have the white trials hub.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:33   #41
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The only thing i have enabled in the Hub3 Firewall settings is Firewall protection if that helps.

I don't think there is an option for external pings on the Hub3 and i also have the white trials hub.
Same as mine, i only have firewall enabled and I've disabled the wireless radios in the HUB3 as i use the BT Whole Home Mesh Network for my Wi-Fi needs.

I haven't changed any settings on the HUB3 in 2 years so im confused as to why it would just stop working.

I'll reboot the hub3 tonight to see if makes a difference.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:45   #42
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Looking at your graph in this thread it did work for 8hrs, my graph went all red for 24hrs the other week, so maybe just a glitch their end.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:50   #43
crazyronnie
cf.addict

mine has been like this since since 10pm on the 3rd
Old 05-07-2019, 14:39   #44
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

mine has been like this since since 10pm on the 3rd

Looks like you had an IP change. Check your new IP and start a new graph.
roughbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 16:32   #45
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Even if no ip change I would start a new graph, this may fix it.