Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 14-02-2010, 12:07   #2881
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwieser View Post
I watched `The Firm` last night, The 2009 remake and it sucked big time. What sort of lanquage were they speaking in some scenes?
1/10......
We watched it recently too and i actually found it quite funny. Some great one liners and that soundtrack certainly brought back a few memories.
A lot of it was actually filmed 5 minutes away from here on my late mother-in-laws old Estate.
I`ll give it a 6/10 just for the laughs & dodgy looking tracksuits.
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2010, 19:08   #2882
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpod View Post
We watched it recently too and i actually found it quite funny. Some great one liners and that soundtrack certainly brought back a few memories.
A lot of it was actually filmed 5 minutes away from here on my late mother-in-laws old Estate.
I`ll give it a 6/10 just for the laughs & dodgy looking tracksuits.
The original film had the football match scene at the start filmed on Blackheath Common, my old neighbourhood.!
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 22:00   #2883
xpod
Inactive

xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwieser View Post
The original film had the football match scene at the start filmed on Blackheath Common, my old neighbourhood.!
I wouldn`t actually mind being back in my own old neighbourhood but as it stands we`re a only mere 5 minutes from the Common ourselves.
Old 14-02-2010, 23:29   #2884
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

The Wolfman: 6/10. Good cast. Good SFX. OK story. Interesting to see where I work doubling as the Lambeth Asylum. I know this as I actually got to watch some of the stunts being filmed.

One effect that is used a few times, but done quite well is the transformation. It looks painful. Which it should. Such a transformation would break every bone in your body, so you would be in agony while it was happening. The only other werewolf film I have seen that gets this right is An American Werewolf In London. The others just seem to use Morphs or fades..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 08:46   #2885
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Timecop (on TV) - 6/10, but good fun.

Only problem is, why (in 1994) did they think everyone in 2004 would be driving electric armoured cars?

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 10:34   #2886
xpod
Inactive

The better half told me to find something romantic to cuddle up & watch last night.....so Apocalypto it was.
A true love story @ 8/10.
Old 15-02-2010, 13:54   #2887
Console_Crazy
Inactive

Services: V+ HD XL TV L BB M Phone Inc Sports and Movies
Console_Crazy is an unknown quantity at this point

YES Man, 9/10 Inspiring film.
Console_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 19:47   #2888
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Wall-E 10/10

first time we've seen it since we saw it at the cinema, missus and I loved it again, forgot how stunning it looks, how funny, and how emotional it is.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 12:33   #2889
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Megashark vs Giant Octopus

Every bit as good as expected

From the dodgy mini subs the well dodgy special effects and the total lack of acting.

Points I hear you cry - well let me see as a film 1 or even 2 out of 10.

As one to watch as it's SO bad - 10 / 10
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 12:46   #2890
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief - 8/10
Really good fun, great effects, stunning young female lead, nice cameo from Steve Coogan.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 14:48   #2891
zing_deleted

From Paris With Love 9:10

Travolta fits in great with these roles must say he is a very adept actor
Old 27-02-2010, 14:51   #2892
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
From Paris With Love 9:10

Travolta fits in great with these roles must say he is a very adept actor
Was going to see this but only got 1 star in the Mirror. I'll give it a go on your recommendation. :TU:
Old 27-02-2010, 14:51   #2893
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

The Lovely Bones 3/10

It did not live up to the hype and I was very glad we went on Orange Wednesday, much more of a straight to DVD movie, a little bit to twee.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 14:55   #2894
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Was going to see this but only got 1 star in the Mirror. I'll give it a go on your recommendation. :TU:
dont blame me if you dont like it lol I am quite flexible in the films I like lol
Old 27-02-2010, 15:48   #2895
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Justice League:Crisis on Two Worlds 7/10

A friend brought me it back from the US - I really enjoyed it (and it has a PG-13 rating).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote