Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ADSL and FTTC Networking

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

SUper Hub question

Old 27-09-2012, 22:37   #1
wgl
Inactive

wgl is an unknown quantity at this point
Question SUper Hub question

My signal has to travel from a bedroom upstairs down to my living room and the signal is very at a poor level. Can I connect my superhub with my HD box so that the signal is stronger downstairs?
wgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2012, 22:48   #2
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: SUper Hub question

whats your HD box?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 09:38   #3
bomber_g
Inactive

Services: Lots
bomber_g will become famous soon enoughbomber_g will become famous soon enoughbomber_g will become famous soon enough

If you like you can get a splitter on the coax that is connected to your TV receiver - although usually the installer puts a splitter under the DP (small white box the able comes from) and you should be ok to connect it to that.

splitters cause noise on the line (about 3db), and may make you connection slightly less stable - but 95% of the time it won't have enough of an effect to cause an issue as the SNR's will be more than strong enough to cope with the slight loss
bomber_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 16:18   #4
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Just get a proper router and use the superhub in modem mode.

That way you get to kill two birds. Your wireless performance will return to normal and secondly your routing options will perform as expected.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote