Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ADSL and FTTC Networking

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

VMNG300 question

Old 11-10-2012, 01:22   #1
kefan77
Inactive

kefan77 is on a distinguished roadkefan77 is on a distinguished road
VMNG300 question

hi,

does anyone know what is the Ambit's generic equivalent of Virgin Media's VMNG300?

I could only find Ubee U10C035.

but it looks different on the photos. is it just a different casing and the internals are the same?

thanks for suggestions and clarification.
kefan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2012, 09:58   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: VMNG300 question

For context, why do you want to know?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:16   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

You cannot buy one of those in the picture and use it on the Virgin Media network as only Virgin Media supplied devices will work.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:47   #4
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
You cannot buy one of those in the picture and use it on the Virgin Media network as only Virgin Media supplied devices will work.
Thats a funny looking door stop

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 14:49   #5
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

To answer the OP, and actually be helpful, Im pretty sure that is correct
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 20:35   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

My my a certain fool on this forum has once again proved how much of an idiot they are as he did not like my post stating that the above device cannot be used on the Virgin Media network his reasoning is that it is not on topic, what a clown this idiot is as that can be one of the reasons for this post, once an idiot always an idiot.
Old 11-10-2012, 22:35   #7
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
My my a certain fool on this forum has once again proved how much of an idiot they are as he did not like my post stating that the above device cannot be used on the Virgin Media network his reasoning is that it is not on topic, what a clown this idiot is as that can be one of the reasons for this post, once an idiot always an idiot.
I dont know who that was directed at, but reading up this thread the only idiot who mentioned connecting a modem to VMs network was you, and I doubt you would call yourself a "fool" and an "idiot" or maybe you are slightly schizophrenic, who knows

Anyway, back to sanity...

Done some digging, your correct about it being a branded U10C035, the datasheet has been removed from the ubee website but heres one I found

http://www.scribd.com/doc/58488627/U...Sheet-V5-12-10
Old 11-10-2012, 22:41   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
I dont know who that was directed at, but reading up this thread the only idiot who mentioned connecting a modem to VMs network was you, and I doubt you would call yourself a "fool" and an "idiot" or maybe you are slightly schizophrenic, who knows
The person it was directed at has not posted in this thread so you should be able to guess how they communicated and it was not via pm so rather than being slightly schizophrenic yourself think before you post.

It is a valid enough assumption as the is no other reason to ask is their when you use your reasoning.
Old 11-10-2012, 23:01   #9
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Guys, can we at least wait until we find out why the OP wants to know before we go accusing him or her of hooking up unauthorised equipment? The OP may be geniunely curious.

I am also not impressed with the tone of some of the replies. Certainly not what I'd expect to see if I'd come on to a forum that advertises itself as a help forum.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 23:26   #10
kefan77
Inactive

kefan77 is on a distinguished roadkefan77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Are you hallucinating? I never said I want to buy that modem, nor I mentioned I want to use it with VM service.

If that really bothers you I'm using SH in modem mode and RT-N16 with my 100MB Virgin service.

if you can't answer the question being asked, then don't bother spamming.

Quote:
To answer the OP, and actually be helpful, Im pretty sure that is correct
Quote:
Done some digging, your correct about it being a branded U10C035, the datasheet has been removed from the ubee website but heres one I found

http://www.scribd.com/doc/58488627/U...Sheet-V5-12-10
thanks, I've already seen the datasheet, just wanted to be sure.
kefan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 00:13   #11
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

[QUOTE=kefan77;35484013]Are you hallucinating? I never said I want to buy that modem, nor I mentioned I want to use it with VM service.

If that really bothers you I'm using SH in modem mode and RT-N16 with my 100MB Virgin service.

if you can't answer the question being asked, then don't bother spamming.

[\quote]

My point exactly
Old 12-10-2012, 01:09   #12
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

why did you want to know anyway?

ignition on here said not long ago that a firmware upgrade could see the VMNG lock onto 8down channels and more upstream or that the VMNG would need a firmware upgrade to bond upstream I'm not too sure which I just mention it as the equivalent could be another model if firmware is upgraded.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:12   #13
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

There already has been a recent firmware upgrade for the VMNG, there was a firmware bug with upstream bonding which has now been rectified. And the tuner is capable of 16 channels IIRC
Old 12-10-2012, 01:27   #14
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

and yet no additional 4 open downstreams
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:03   #15
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefan77 View Post
Are you hallucinating? I never said I want to buy that modem, nor I mentioned I want to use it with VM service.
Oddly many people wanting specs on similar modems think they can or want to connect a third party modem to the network so you are hallucinating as that is the usual reason so put the pipe down and come down from the ceiling, hopefully you will not have an attack of the

It is amazing that after the fact you post to the contrary.