Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netgear DG834 Router Problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

Netgear DG834 Router Problem

Old 23-04-2008, 19:30   #1
_X-o-load_
Inactive

_X-o-load_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Netgear DG834 Router Problem

My problem is I am trying to connect to XBOX Live Wireless and so bought a Wireless Networking Adaptor. My problem is the router for my computer (Netgear DG834 Version 3) It is a wireless router and so it should connect to the router for my XBOX, but it doesn't seem to be working. When I go to test connection it says the Wireless network Adaptor is connected but the Wireless system.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
_X-o-load_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2008, 19:44   #2
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Re: Netgear DG834 Router Problem

do a search of the forum while you are waiting , loads of info on routers

Old Age And Treachery Will Defeat Youth and Enthusiasm Everytime.
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 20:08   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Can you confirm the router is working for your computer (s) connection OK, it's just the xbox that won't work? Is the router connection to the computer wired or wireless?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 17:24   #4
_X-o-load_
Inactive

_X-o-load_ is an unknown quantity at this point

When I went to test connect on the XBOX it said the router was connected for my XBOX fine but it could not pick up my wireless Netgear router. I then thought maybe it was too far away so moved the XBOX down beside the computer's router but still no luck. So, yes, my computer router is wireless, I think lol. It is the Netgear DG834 Router anway.
_X-o-load_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 17:59   #5
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Are you sure of the model number? The DG834 isn't a wireless router, however the DG834G/GT are wireless.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote