Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 15-06-2021, 12:55   #706
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Actually i'm not going to bite.

Last edited by Legendkiller2k; 15-06-2021 at 13:03.
Advertisement
Old 15-06-2021, 15:41   #707
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

I've done 2 referrals in recent years and was paid within a couple of weeks.
Old 15-06-2021, 16:09   #708
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Why else would you use a Refer A Friend scheme? That's the point it's an endorsement.

I recommend products/services for friends and family all the time without getting a bonus, but if that product/service had a scheme I'd use it. But the recommendation would happen anyway. I wouldn't be using the scheme if I wasn't at least pretty happy. If it were borderline-average it wouldn't happen.
The money, but I didn't realise how crap they would be. At this time they hadn't generally reached the depths of crapness that they have today.
Old 15-06-2021, 16:15   #709
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Didn't like his friends much if he recommended a service that he hates just to get money for the referral
Old 15-06-2021, 16:20   #710
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Didn't like his friends much if he recommended a service that he hates just to get money for the referral
Fifty quid is fifty quid, mate

I bet OB wouldn’t refer anyone to a plethora of linear channels for £50.
Old 15-06-2021, 19:00   #711
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Fifty quid is fifty quid, mate

I bet OB wouldn’t refer anyone to a plethora of linear channels for £50.
The first compliment you have ever given me, jfman. I am deeply touched.
Old 15-06-2021, 22:28   #712
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
If you read it properly you'll see that that was not the case.

The rapid deterioration in VM CS started after LG bought the company, it wasn't perfect before but now it's absolutely abysmal.
Old 16-06-2021, 07:56   #713
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I think some areas are not good if reports on here are correct, but others (like mine) seem to be fine.

I did recommend Virgin to some acquaintances of mine in Uxbridge some years ago and they had abysmal service, which was embarrassing. I later read of the fact that they were living in an area where the service was known to be bad. Had I known that at the time, I would definitely not recommended them.
Old 16-06-2021, 12:38   #714
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

I often jest about VM calling them a horror show etc but it is not trolling i'm just merely having some humour at VMs expense.
To their credit they have come a very long way over the past 10 years and are currently testing 2gbs speeds on bb, a streaming tv service amongst other things.
Just wanted you guys to know despite one posters nasty comment i don't troll i jest and all info i post is posted in good faith on what info i see/get.
Old 16-06-2021, 13:30   #715
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I often jest about VM calling them a horror show etc but it is not trolling i'm just merely having some humour at VMs expense.
To their credit they have come a very long way over the past 10 years and are currently testing 2gbs speeds on bb, a streaming tv service amongst other things.
Just wanted you guys to know despite one posters nasty comment i don't troll i jest and all info i post is posted in good faith on what info i see/get.
I would like to see an alternative arrangement from VM where you can still get a premium, cost-effective broadband service and an excellent choice of streamers instead of pay-tv channels. If it was well designed and reliable, I’d move over to that in a heartbeat.

They would need to have all the decent streamers on there, though, plus ad-free versions of ITV Player, All4 and My5.

Somehow, I think I will be disappointed!
Old 16-06-2021, 13:37   #716
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I would like to see an alternative arrangement from VM where you can still get a premium, cost-effective broadband service and an excellent choice of streamers instead of pay-tv channels. If it was well designed and reliable, I’d move over to that in a heartbeat.

They would need to have all the decent streamers on there, though, plus ad-free versions of ITV Player, All4 and My5.

Somehow, I think I will be disappointed!
Already happening get yourself a decent streaming device such as ROKU, Firetv or google tv then if available in your area sign up to one of the fttp services such as Hyperoptic, Vodafone, Gigaclear etc.
Or just get a 5G hub service from someonle like 3.
Old 16-06-2021, 16:41   #717
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

I have a Roku and Amazon Fire Stick already but my wife doesn’t like the wires coming down from our HDMIs (our telly is on the wall).

My hope is that VM will provide an offer that suits me, but I’m not that optimistic as yet.
Old 16-06-2021, 18:50   #718
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
So why come here ? I dont go to a forum for bt or sky Scottish power or any other number of companies because l dont use them . If you do use virgin perhaps its time to update your details:
Old 16-06-2021, 19:55   #719
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
So why come here ? I dont go to a forum for bt or sky Scottish power or any other number of companies because l dont use them . If you do use virgin perhaps its time to update your details:
Do you own the forum? No only one person trolling here and it isn't me.
Who are you to say who can and who can't post on here? I actually post information regarding VM and if you stop trying to big the big man and look around you'll see there are sub forums.

Funny thing regarding VM it is available at my neighbours either side of me but not in my block lol, typical VM

Last edited by Legendkiller2k; 16-06-2021 at 20:03.
Old 17-06-2021, 11:01   #720
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

He's said in the past that he believes that those who don't use cable services shouldn't post on this forum. I recall Paul telling him to button it, or words to that effect.
Closed Thread