Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Discovery

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Discovery

Old 17-02-2018, 00:03   #256
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

I know you talk about realism but it's science fiction and there for will not have a lot of realism or fact as such.

I just enjoy stuff for what it is.
Old 17-02-2018, 11:43   #257
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

The story or the setting doesn't have to be realistic because I accept that as the reality/world people live in. What does have to be realistic for me is the way characters react to events, especially if they are established characters in a series and we already know them very well and how they behave. If they do something atypical and stupid for the sake of the story/script and it doesn't make sense then it does my head in and spoils the whole thing for me.

Next time it happens in something big I'll let you know.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 11:53   #258
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Isn't that most shows and movies. Characters do what ever the writer want them to do or behave in a way that suits the story.

Horror films always have characters acting in stupid ways and doing things that get them killed. Real people probably would never do those things.

Same for Trek and other shows.

Wonder how if if we will actually see Pike and the Enterprise set in s2.
Old 17-02-2018, 12:09   #259
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Horror films always have characters acting in stupid ways and doing things that get them killed.
exactly and that is why I cant watch horror films. "Oooo, I know all my friends have been murdered but I just heard a sound in that dark room over there so let me go and see what it is. I am not going to take a knife or anything with me to protect myself either".

My exception to horrors are the Scream films because Sydney fights back and has the common sense to carry a gun.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:47   #260
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Anson Mount (Black Bolt in InHumans) has been cast as Pike. I've only seen him in the first episode of Inhumans and I can't see that it impressed me. He was in Hell on Wheels too.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:23   #261
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Meet Discovery's Captain Pike

Anson Mount has been tapped to play Captain Christopher Pike of the U.S.S. Enterprise in the soon-to-film second season of Star Trek: Discovery. Mount, who was born in Illinois and raised in Tennessee, counts among his many film and television credits Crossroads, Smallville, All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, Lost, Dollhouse, Straw Dogs and Non-Stop, as well as the recent series Hell on Wheels and Inhumans.

Discovery served up an initial reference to Pike in “Choose Your Pain,” when Saru instructed the computer to comb the Starfleet Database for the most-decorated captains. Pike’s name appeared on a list that included Robert April, Jonathan Archer, Matthew Decker and Philippa Georgiou.

And in the season finale, “Will You Take My Hand?” the crew of the Enterprise was on the way to meet their new captain when they received a distress call. Communications officer R.A. Bryce announced… “Hail's from Captain Pike, sir." Michael Burnham quickly connected the dots and commented, "It's the U.S.S. Enterprise."

Pike is an iconic Star Trek character, played by Jeffrey Hunter in the first Star Trek: The Original Series pilot, “The Cage,” and then in disfigured form by Sean Kenney in “The Menagerie, Part I and II.” Bruce Greenwood portrayed the alternate universe Pike in both Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:37   #262
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well since Inhumans is cancelled, he needs other work

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 23:31   #263
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Alex Kurtzman, veteran writer-producer and co-creator of Star Trek: Discovery, has inked a five-year extension of his production agreement with CBS Television Studios that calls for him to extend the Star Trek franchise for television, developing new series, mini-series and other content opportunities, including animation, as well as give CBS Television Studios exclusive rights to produce all television content created and developed by Kurtzman and his Secret Hideout production banner.

Set to join Kurtzman as part of the deal, which goes through 2023, are fellow Discovery producers Heather Kadin and Aaron Baiers. Kadin serves as president of Secret Hideout, while Baiers is senior vice president of television. Production on season two of Star Trek: Discovery is under way now, with Kurtzman behind the camera as director of the premiere episode.

Kurtzman and Secret Hideout, in addition to growing CBS’ Star Trek universe, will develop new, original series across the full spectrum of broadcast, cable and streaming platforms. As part of this process, Secret Hideout will expand its production operation, adding diverse voices and cultivating new creative talent to align with the company.

“Heather, Aaron and I are thrilled to continue Secret Hideout’s amazing partnership with CBS Television Studios,” said Alex Kurtzman. “Since our first collaboration with Hawaii Five-0 almost a decade ago, Les, David and the full team at CBS Studios have been our foremost collaborators and champions, treating each project with integrity, supporting the creative visions and working breathlessly to make each episode of every show the best it can be. CBS has also allowed us the great pleasure of reintroducing the world of Star Trek audiences new and old, and we are very excited to keep working alongside them to expand that world.”
That is from Star Trek.com but I have heard rumours that Patrick Stewart is going to be involved and reprise his role as Captain/Admiral/Ambassador Picard.
Old 21-06-2018, 00:19   #264
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Lolz.

Kurtzman is going on a five year mission

I heard rumours a few weeks back about Picard. Patrick Stewart has even spoken and hinted that he may return to Picard.
Old 21-06-2018, 01:39   #265
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

All sounds good, cant wait to see what they do in the next five years.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 17:39   #266
General Maximus
Ran Away

yeah, we have defo had a long enough break post-Enterprise and it is about time they get things going again. I am glad Discovery is doing well but I would defo like a traditionally themed series maybe set it in the future on a time ship like the Relativity.
Old 25-06-2018, 13:53   #267
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
yeah, we have defo had a long enough break post-Enterprise and it is about time they get things going again. I am glad Discovery is doing well but I would defo like a traditionally themed series maybe set it in the future on a time ship like the Relativity.
we might get a future set series if Stewart does indeed return as Picard.

I think that could potentially be awesome.
Old 25-06-2018, 20:55   #268
General Maximus
Ran Away

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...eturn-12778133

Quote:
Patrick Stewart may be beamed back for another Star Trek series.
Sir Patrick, 77, is “close to securing a deal” to return as Captain Jean-Luc Picard for a reboot of the Generation series.
The star is keen to reprise his most *famous part – and deals are close to *being struck, says a TV source
Old 04-07-2018, 12:23   #269
General Maximus
Ran Away

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2018/6/19...k-tv-shows-cbs

Quote:
Star Trek fans will be boldly going all over the universe in the next few years, if CBS’ franchise expansion plans stick.

According to Variety, four new Trek series are actively in development at the network, presumably as programming for CBS All Access, the streaming-only service that premiered Star Trek Discovery in late 2017. Alex Kurtzman, whose credits include the Star Trek Kelvinverse films, several Transformers movies, and the recent “Dark Universe” reboot of The Mummy, is supervising all of the shows in development, as well as taking over showrunner duties on Discovery season two.

What can we expect from the new iterations of Trek? The report has a few hints: The first is a series set at Starfleet Academy, an idea that’s floated around ever since Enterprise went off the air. The show will come from Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz, the creators of Gossip Girl, The CW’s Dynasty reboot, and Hulu and Marvel’s Runaways series. One can only imagine the show falling in line with those series, an entry point for younger audiences who know comic book characters from the Arrowverse and call The Force Awakens their Star Wars.

The second idea in the works is positioned as a limited series that Variety says is “based around the Wrath of Khan story. More likely is a show centering on Khan Noonien Singh, portrayed by Ricardo Montalbán in the Star Trek: TOS’ Space Seed episode and again in the film Star Trek II. (Benedict Cumberbatch’s Star Trek Into Darkness character John Harrison also turned out to be Khan, but let’s move past that.) What story of Khan’s still needs to be told on screen? All signs point to something set during The Eugenics Wars. Polygon has heard that Wrath of Khan director Nicholas Meyer is involved with this project, which he seemed to confirm in May 2018.

The final two shows are even lighter on the details, but we do know one is intended to be an animated series. If the show takes flight, it will be the first animated Star Trek property since The Animated Series ended in 1974.

Then there’s an out there idea: could the final mystery show bring back Jean-Luc Picard? According to The Hollywood Reporter, Kurtzman and Discovery season one writer Akiva Goldsman are reportedly in the works on a series that could bring Patrick Stewart back to the iconic role.

One thing is clear about Star Trek’s future: it’ll be exploring new worlds, and soon.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:35   #270
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

As much as I liked the Next Gen at 77 he's way past it. While I wouldn't mind a reboot it would perhaps be better to have him in there as a supporting role.

I liked some of the fan based ones that shoot around youtube. Not sure where they could go with a reboot?
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote