Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 30-01-2016, 15:57   #2866
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Yes which begs the question why the upfront costs are £99 +
Same reason the TiVo was. Activation fee
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2016, 20:07   #2867
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Give it a few months or so and we will no doubt see the price come down or some sort of `special offer`especially if the uptake isn`t as good as they`re hoping.
Committed to a new TV deal with SKY today. Made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Not for SKYQ, I'll be gunning for that next time lol
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 20:17   #2868
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

What type of offer did you get then Chad?.
Old 31-01-2016, 01:24   #2869
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What type of offer did you get then Chad?.
50% off my TV for 12 months plus a £50 credit to my account. No contract whatsoever, leave anytime I want. Broadband free for 12 months also. I have the family bundle for £18.00, SKY Sports at £12.50 plus line rental of £17.40 = £47.90 per month. I'm essentially getting the first month for free.

Because I have no contract I'm shopping around for broadband deals. I no longer have a SKY box in the bedroom. I bought a Youview box at Christmas. It's a BT branded box so I'm looking closely at their deals which include BT Sport and AMC. Their offering prepaid mastercards to new subscirbers between £75 & £150 depending on which broadband package you take.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 05:11   #2870
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

That's a pretty impressive deal Chad.
Old 31-01-2016, 06:12   #2871
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
50% off my TV for 12 months plus a £50 credit to my account. No contract whatsoever, leave anytime I want. Broadband free for 12 months also. I have the family bundle for £18.00, SKY Sports at £12.50 plus line rental of £17.40 = £47.90 per month. I'm essentially getting the first month for free.

Because I have no contract I'm shopping around for broadband deals. I no longer have a SKY box in the bedroom. I bought a Youview box at Christmas. It's a BT branded box so I'm looking closely at their deals which include BT Sport and AMC. Their offering prepaid mastercards to new subscirbers between £75 & £150 depending on which broadband package you take.
Remember quidco. I got a £100 Sainsburys voucher and £100 quidco from bt
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:31   #2872
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough

I've had 2 missed calls from sky, I wondering if it's about SkyQ. When I ring back on the number is just a "we tried to contact you blah blah" I rang normal Sky customer services and they don't know what it's about. But they do acknowledge its definitely Sky that rang me.
tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:07   #2873
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedle View Post
I've had 2 missed calls from sky, I wondering if it's about SkyQ. When I ring back on the number is just a "we tried to contact you blah blah" I rang normal Sky customer services and they don't know what it's about. But they do acknowledge its definitely Sky that rang me.
I registered my interest but then I don't have Sky Broadband so cannot order yet even if I wanted to. Needless to say I haven't received any calls.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 14:03   #2874
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I registered my interest but then I don't have Sky Broadband so cannot order yet even if I wanted to. Needless to say I haven't received any calls.
I do have sky broadband and also registered interest, I'm also on Sky lounge and have beta tested a few sky products over the years. I was really hoping to beta SkyQ.
tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 09:55   #2875
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Sky+ gains new on demand features.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/sky-gains-ne...mand-features/
Old 24-02-2016, 10:04   #2876
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

It's actually a pretty useful feature I've been using it a while.

The download all feature adds all episodes to your planner but only downloads the first two initially once you start to watch the first episode the third changes from Pending to downloading so you've always two episodes on your box.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2016, 15:34   #2877
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's actually a pretty useful feature I've been using it a while.

The download all feature adds all episodes to your planner but only downloads the first two initially once you start to watch the first episode the third changes from Pending to downloading so you've always two episodes on your box.
That`s a great idea,like it
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:39   #2878
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Vice to launch TV channel on Sky in UK.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...ky-uk-viceland
Old 12-03-2016, 05:24   #2879
Pbryanw
cf.addict

Services: Plusnet Fibre Broadband, Phone & TV
Pbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nice

Sky Q review - Not in depth but one of the first I've seen for this system:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sky-q-review
Pbryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 10:42   #2880
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Sky to show Formula 1 in 4K UHD from 2017.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1371...-uhd-from-2017