Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

Old 22-04-2019, 02:00   #271
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Hugh's post does address the issues. Click on the thumbnail he posted to see a list of the flaws in the clip.

Far better to spend your time on an authoritative programme.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...ange-the-facts
You suck it all in, Andrew. But where is the evidence that mankind is responsible for any climate changes that may be happening?

I am not prepared to be told by scientists what to think when they haven't actually proved their theory.

They've got it wrong before....
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-04-2019, 06:26   #272
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Instead of looking at the background from which people come, would it not be a better idea to actually listen to what they are saying?

No, of course, because that would expose the futility of your arguments.

Address the post, and stop trying to divert attention from the truth.

---------- Post added at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

So, your practical solution is what?

Come on, Hugh, this is not a straight forward matter. Before you pump billions into a proposal, you need to make the case.

Given that even the scientists admit that they cannot be 100% sure that global warming is man-made, you really do need to keep an open mind.
Background provides context, unless you don’t believe people rationally act in their own financial interests. I know you do believe people act in their financial interests because you believe many would leave the UK if we closed tax loopholes rather than make a greater contribution.

So how is denying climate change any different for your rational capitalist?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 06:47   #273
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
You suck it all in, Andrew. But where is the evidence that mankind is responsible for any climate changes that may be happening?

I am not prepared to be told by scientists what to think when they haven't actually proved their theory.

If you want to fall for the misinformation spread by the fossil fuel lobby like others fell for the misinformation spread by the tobacco lobby then there's little I can do to help.
If you are prepared to open your mind then watch the Attenborough programme.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 09:15   #274
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

When i look to the sky's and see that all holiday and none essential air traffic has been banned and the middle class moaners have stopped burning millions of gallons of kerosene [fossil fuel] going on holiday jaunts around the globe then and only then will i consider doing my bit.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:24   #275
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Yes, them scientists tell me the World's round too. Bonkers or what ?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 10:53   #276
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
When i look to the sky's and see that all holiday and none essential air traffic has been banned and the middle class moaners have stopped burning millions of gallons of kerosene [fossil fuel] going on holiday jaunts around the globe then and only then will i consider doing my bit.
About sums it up for me too

Why should I turn my heating/water down and turn lights off when half the people in the street are jetting off across the world for a holiday . . .

. . . and what about those constantly running 4 TV's, 3 laptops, dishwashers, blah blah etc
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 11:08   #277
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Funny how people trust experts when it comes to medicine, engineering, buildings, but not on this...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 11:11   #278
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Funny how people trust experts when it comes to medicine, engineering, buildings, but not on this...
Not really, but don't get me started!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 11:51   #279
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That's because those things have usually been well and truly proven. Climate Change is based upon projections based upon models that are constantly being altered to match the actual facts.

Eg Several years ago claims were made that the trees in New York state would halve in ten years due to man-made acid rain. 10 years later a report found that it didn't happen, and that most of the acid rain came from natural sources.

In the early 1980's there were claims that Europe was heading for another Ice Age. Whatever happened to that?

Now that they've latched onto "Climate Change", they can make claims with a wide range of predictions that almost cannot fail to happen.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 11:55   #280
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
That's because those things have usually been well and truly proven. Climate Change is based upon projections based upon models that are constantly being altered to match the actual facts.

Eg Several years ago claims were made that the trees in New York state would halve in ten years due to man-made acid rain. 10 years later a report found that it didn't happen, and that most of the acid rain came from natural sources.

In the early 1980's there were claims that Europe was heading for another Ice Age. Whatever happened to that?

Now that they've latched onto "Climate Change", they can make claims with a wide range of predictions that almost cannot fail to happen.
Climate change is accepted as fact by all but a few. It's now a case of seeing how we can tackle it before it's too late for future generations.
Old 22-04-2019, 12:20   #281
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Climate change is accepted as fact by all but a few. It's now a case of seeing how we can tackle it before it's too late for future generations.
The fact that we are not in an Ice Age is evidence that there is Climate Change. Climate Change is responsible for creating an environment where life can develop and flourish. The questions are how much is Man responsible for it, how much of their "evidence" is a load of tosh, and how much can the Earth actually deal with it and reverse the effects all by itself.
Quote:
In 2014, a group of IPCC experts published a paper about flooding. So far, they said, ‘no gauge-based evidence has been found for a climate-driven, globally widespread change in the magnitude/frequency of floods.’
Old 22-04-2019, 13:05   #282
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I'm sure you're doing lots of positive things already - repairing appliances as opposed to throwing them out, eating all the food that you buy and going by boat and not plane!

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Quote:
The fact that we are not in an Ice Age is evidence that there is Climate Change. Climate Change is responsible for creating an environment where life can develop and flourish. The questions are how much is Man responsible for it, how much of their "evidence" is a load of tosh, and how much can the Earth actually deal with it and reverse the effects all by itself.
Do you have a link to the report you mentioned?
Old 22-04-2019, 13:21   #283
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Experts . . off the top of my head:

Go to work on an egg . . . . . don't eat eggs they're bad for you

Drink a pint of milk a day . . . . . milk is bad for you

Buy diesel cars, they're much better for the enviro . . . oh hang on

. . . and don't get me started on Doctors either
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 13:35   #284
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'm sure you're doing lots of positive things already - repairing appliances as opposed to throwing them out, eating all the food that you buy and going by boat and not plane!

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Do you have a link to the report you mentioned?
Tricky to find the original report as the quote of "no gauge-based evidence" is mentioned in so many articles on climate change. Are they all fibbing?
Old 22-04-2019, 13:55   #285
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Tricky to find the original report as the quote of "no gauge-based evidence" is mentioned in so many articles on climate change. Are they all fibbing?
Until I see what you mean I can't say.