Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal
Closed Thread

Old 18-09-2019, 15:11   #106
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I don't really think it's "shameful" that I tolerate "disgusting" behaviour to be honest.
I beg to differ.

Anyone who defends their actions in belittling our leader, mocks our country even if you cannot stand him, is a disgrace.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Think I've asked this before Mick, but I'll try again. How do your see your day to day life improving when we leave the EU? What brilliant thing do you foresee happening? Who will you blame if it isn't better or even worse? Who will be the corrupt cancerous moron Muppets then? Look before you leap..... The future looks rosy for a select few who are pulling the strings in this country atm, the rest of us are stuffed.
That's a view I do not share, so your question is irrelevant.
Advertisement
Old 18-09-2019, 15:13   #107
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I beg to differ.

Anyone who defends their actions in belittling our leader, mocks our country even if you cannot stand him, is a disgrace.
I think anyone who belittles Johnson is carrying out a reasonable action. He's a proven liar. He doesn't even agree with leaving, it's political expediency for him to do so to ascent to the leadership of the Party. In many ways I've more respect for the Eurosceptics who have always held a principled stance.
Old 18-09-2019, 15:27   #108
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I think anyone who belittles Johnson is carrying out a reasonable action. He's a proven liar. He doesn't even agree with leaving, it's political expediency for him to do so to ascent to the leadership of the Party. In many ways I've more respect for the Eurosceptics who have always held a principled stance.
And mocking our country as well, is perfectly fine as well to you, like Goofy twerp did this morning, mocking our Parliament, referring to it as the Soviet Union, that's tolerable to you because you cannot think past your convictions that we cannot survive outside this disgusting and corrupt EU.
Old 18-09-2019, 15:29   #109
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I beg to differ.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

That's a view I do not share, so your question is irrelevant.
He didn't belittle BJ, he said that instead of using the Hulk as an inspiration, he should use Mrs Doubtfire, because that character was caring...
Quote:
He referred to Boris Johnson's comparison to the Hulk while talking about EU citizens' rights.

He said that the prime minister needed to rethink settled status in the UK for EU citizens, and said that there should be automatic registration.

He quipped: "Boris Johnson likes a lot to compare himself with movie characters. Well, concerning citizens' rights, instead of playing the angry Hulk I think he should inspire himself by another character - the caring nanny from the film Mrs Doubtfire."
Also, re the alleged Soviet Union comparison, he was reflecting the Brexit Party's MEPs comments about the EU being like the Soviet Union - he actually said
Quote:
He said Eurosceptics like "to say the European Union is undemocratic", but he continued: "I can tell you that Jean-Claude Juncker or Tusk can do a lot of things but at least they can't close the doors of this house - that is not possible!"

Referring to the Brexit Party, he said: "If the Eurosceptics in the coming minutes want to use again the ridiculous comparison with the Soviet Union they can point the finger at Westminster rather than Strasbourg or Brussels."
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...ment-1-6275792
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 18-09-2019, 15:34   #110
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
And mocking our country as well, is perfectly fine as well to you, like Goofy twerp did this morning, mocking our Parliament, referring to it as the Soviet Union, that's tolerable to you because you cannot think past your convictions that we cannot survive outside this disgusting and corrupt EU.
I think our Parliament being suspended is very Soviet. An apt comparison.
Old 18-09-2019, 15:56   #111
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I think our Parliament being suspended is very Soviet. An apt comparison.
Didn't realise the USSR had a queens speech and a conference season.
Old 18-09-2019, 16:09   #112
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Didn't realise the USSR had a queens speech and a conference season.
Convenient excuses. No other country on earth would let their politicians go for a jolly by the seaside during a major constitutional crisis.

If the default was we would remain instead of leave I'm sure you'd be suitably outraged.
Old 18-09-2019, 16:38   #113
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Convenient excuses. No other country on earth would let their politicians go for a jolly by the seaside during a major constitutional crisis.

If the default was we would remain instead of leave I'm sure you'd be suitably outraged.
Convenient excuses nothing - I wouldn't call the Illiberal Undemocrats conference in Bournmouth and their activists seen shouting and chanting, "Tony Blair, F Off and die." having a jolly.

The crisis is because of MPs keep extending Brexit when we could have left by now.
Old 18-09-2019, 16:52   #114
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
No other country on earth would let their politicians go for a jolly by the seaside during a major constitutional crisis.
A major constitutional crisis brought about by?

Three years, three long and wasted years, yet 'some' are arguing that a few days will make a massive difference.

Truthful answer (if you know one) . . what would have happened in Parliament in 4 days that would have been any different to the previous 3 years?
Old 18-09-2019, 16:52   #115
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
He didn't belittle BJ, he said that instead of using the Hulk as an inspiration, he should use Mrs Doubtfire, because that character was caring...

Also, re the alleged Soviet Union comparison, he was reflecting the Brexit Party's MEPs comments about the EU being like the Soviet Union - he actually said

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...ment-1-6275792
I have no interest in what he said. Desperate attempts, trying to paint that man in good light - the man is a cretin of the highest order.

The EU is worse than the Soviet Union ever was. Appointing a President of the Commission that wasn't even on the ballot paper, ignoring new suggested conventions that would have seen the EU to be the very thing it is criticised for not being, more democratic.
Old 18-09-2019, 17:35   #116
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I have no interest in what he said. Desperate attempts, trying to paint that man in good light - the man is a cretin of the highest order.

The EU is worse than the Soviet Union ever was.
Appointing a President of the Commission that wasn't even on the ballot paper, ignoring new suggested conventions that would have seen the EU to be the very thing it is criticised for not being, more democratic.
I really must have missed something in my history lessons . Can't remember the EU making nearly 2 million people die/disappear in gulags...
Old 18-09-2019, 17:43   #117
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
A major constitutional crisis brought about by?

Three years, three long and wasted years, yet 'some' are arguing that a few days will make a massive difference.

Truthful answer (if you know one) . . what would have happened in Parliament in 4 days that would have been any different to the previous 3 years?
Also Mick’s point, not quoted.

The constitutional crisis has been brought about by MPs and Government not agreeing. MPs could/should have shown backbone and acted decisively by GE/2nd referendum if they really wanted to stop Brexit. I do agree they’ve wasted time.

The 4 days is a red herring - the Queens Speech isn’t necessary now. I know many will disagree but it’s clearly a device to constrain Parliament. Again this, along with many things over the last three years we won’t agree on, so I’m happy to leave that to the side rather than go in circles.
Old 18-09-2019, 17:53   #118
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Also Mick’s point, not quoted.

The constitutional crisis has been brought about by MPs and Government not agreeing. MPs could/should have shown backbone and acted decisively by GE/2nd referendum if they really wanted to stop Brexit. I do agree they’ve wasted time.

The 4 days is a red herring - the Queens Speech isn’t necessary now. I know many will disagree but it’s clearly a device to constrain Parliament. Again this, along with many things over the last three years we won’t agree on, so I’m happy to leave that to the side rather than go in circles.
The Queen's speach is necessary to start a new session of parliament.
Old 18-09-2019, 17:57   #119
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
The Queen's speach is necessary to start a new session of parliament.
I know its function. Haven’t needed one for two years, don’t need one before October 31st.

Here is a list with some of the legislation lost through the timing of this

https://services.parliament.uk/bills/

Last edited by jfman; 18-09-2019 at 18:04.
Old 18-09-2019, 18:03   #120
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I know it’s function. Haven’t needed one for two years, don’t need one before October 31st.

Here is a list with some of the legislation lost through the timing of this

https://services.parliament.uk/bills/
Which can be resubmitted at any time - not an issue.
Closed Thread