Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 07-08-2013, 21:08   #2236
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It is certainly interesting. It looks like the record icon from the SKY+ box but in gold.

So thinking outside the box here. A common complaint from SKY customers is not enough tuners. SKY recently confirmed they plan to roll out 20 more catch up channels to their current list of about 18 channels.

Maybe SKY are launching a new facility where programs from these channels, that will be added to catch up TV shortly after they are broadcast, will have a golden R displayed next to them. You can set them to "record" but they won't actually record from the live broadcast. They'll download to your SKY+ box as soon as they hit catch up TV. This means there should be less chance of your tuners being occupied by multiple recordings.

It would be a good work around by SKY to compete with TiVo's 3 tuners.
Maybe it is free BT sport for all sky sports customers , and what you said.

oops..i am now sounding like a virgin user
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2013, 21:37   #2237
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Sports for ipad app receives new update , it's now live in the App Store.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/new...-features.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 21:39   #2238
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky Sports for ipad app receives new update , it's now live in the App Store.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/new...-features.html
What a let down
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 21:44   #2239
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What a let down
I take it you mean due to the fact it's not available on Android ?
Old 07-08-2013, 21:48   #2240
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Oh dear sometimes believing in better dear chaps leads to disappointment it seems.
Old 07-08-2013, 22:14   #2241
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I take it you mean due to the fact it's not available on Android ?
It's not that, I prefer my idea more

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Oh dear sometimes believing in better dear chaps leads to disappointment it seems.
One mans disappointment is another mans joy. Not what i was looking for from SKY personally.

Not to worry, I've submitted my idea to SKY. Maybe I'll get commission if it's implemented

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Prod...t/td-p/1253178

If you are a SKY customer I'd appreciate your support. Okay I admit it's unlikely it'll ever be implemented however it's worth a try.

I've also submitted it to SKY's project team too.
Old 07-08-2013, 23:04   #2242
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Not to worry, I've submitted my idea to SKY. Maybe I'll get commission if it's implemented
Aren't you describing a network PVR?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_DVR
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 23:17   #2243
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post

And what VM are supposedly heading towards?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 23:27   #2244
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post

Sounds very similar. Best not to make too many plans on how to spend my commission then

SKY "push" content to your SKY+ box most nights. A selection of shows and movies they think you'll enjoy from your subscription package automatically downloaded to your box. What I'd like to do is be able to tell my SKY+ box not to push random stuff to my box but instead push this, that and the next think when they become available.
Old 07-08-2013, 23:34   #2245
Jameseh

Is it definite that the Sky Sports for iPad update was the mystery thing?

I fail to see why out of all the logos they could have teased that with, that they'd use what they did.
Old 07-08-2013, 23:35   #2246
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

SKY "push" content to your SKY+ box most nights..
Do they have to push it because most Sky boxes don't have a fast enough internet connection to just stream what the user wants?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 23:40   #2247
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Just seen this on Sky's Facebook page

http://www.Facebook.com/sky

It says ,We've been working on something exciting that we can't wait to share with you... more news soon!
Hmmmm
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 23:55   #2248
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Do they have to push it because most Sky boxes don't have a fast enough internet connection to just stream what the user wants?
No because push On Demand was launched before the boxes were updated with the ability to download via an Internet connection , its still kept in action for those with older Sky+ boxes and those users who haven't connected their STB to the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Is it definite that the Sky Sports for iPad update was the mystery thing?

I fail to see why out of all the logos they could have teased that with, that they'd use what they did.
It will be something and nothing I bet , it's all about engaging on the social networks isn't it.
Old 08-08-2013, 14:04   #2249
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Just seen this on Sky's Facebook page

http://www.Facebook.com/sky

It says ,We've been working on something exciting that we can't wait to share with you... more news soon!
Hmmmm.... Very exciting. Hopefully it turns out to be something worth getting excited about!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 14:10   #2250
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Rumour: Sky to rebrand Sky Arts Channels?

I am hearing that Sky may also be set to rebrand their Sky Arts Channels.

Here is the new channels names that I was told of -

-Sky Arts
-Sky Arts HD
-Sky Arts “In Concert”
-Sky Arts “In Concert” HD

Bear in mind this post is an rumour and not been confirm by Sky.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote