Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 24-03-2022, 11:00   #331
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Sounds like a new shopping channel on coming to Freeview. BrandsTV has a license. Never heard of it.
https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1506914989516460039
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-03-2022, 16:33   #332
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Sounds like a new shopping channel on coming to Freeview. BrandsTV has a license. Never heard of it.
https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1506914989516460039
And it own by Ideal World - maybe set to use Create and Craft Extra old slot on Channel 95?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2022, 21:34   #333
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

This weeks Freeview Changes:

Monday

Launches:
Channel Number - Channel Name
025 - W
272 - Asharq News - (IPTV)
273 - Al Arabiya - (IPTV)

Moving Channels Numbers:
060 - Drama +1
069 - ITV4 +1
074 - Dave Ja Vu
104 - S4C HD [Wales Only]
110 - Channel 4 HD [Wales Only]

Need to retune to watch:
060 - Drama +1
678 - Adult Xpanded TV

Changes to coverage
083 - Together TV

Channel Closures
094 - Ideal World Extra
Old 26-03-2022, 22:13   #334
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
This weeks Freeview Changes:

Monday

Launches:
025 - W
272 - Asharq News - (IPTV)
273 - Al Arabiya - (IPTV)

Moving Channels Numbers:
060 - Drama +1
069 - ITV4 +1
074 - Dave Ja Vu
104 - S4C HD [Wales Only]
110 - Channel 4 HD [Wales Only]

Need to retune to watch:
060 - Drama +1
678 - Adult Xpanded TV

Changes to coverage
083 - Together TV

Channel Closures
094 - Ideal World Extra
Was it really needed to post this again? It's the 3rd post and it's not even happened. Most it needs is twice, once before it happens, once after.
Old 26-03-2022, 23:58   #335
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Was it really needed to post this again? It's the 3rd post and it's not even happened. Most it needs is twice, once before it happens, once after.
I was making a list up for my Twitter feed so I just reposted it on here.
Old 27-03-2022, 11:15   #336
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I was making a list up for my Twitter feed so I just reposted it on here.
Hope you didn't take that the wrong way, I was a bit cranky last night.
Old 27-03-2022, 18:06   #337
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Hope you didn't take that the wrong way, I was a bit cranky last night.
That OK.

But if I was UKTV I would have launch Dave Ja Vu on UKTV's new Freeview slot and give Dave Ja Vu Channel 60 from Tomorrow. Keep Drama +1 on Channel 74.
Old 27-03-2022, 18:32   #338
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That OK.

But if I was UKTV I would have launch Dave Ja Vu on UKTV's new Freeview slot and give Dave Ja Vu Channel 60 from Tomorrow. Keep Drama +1 on Channel 74.
Older demographics are more likely to use +1s and Drama has an older demographic than Dave. Dave viewers are more likely to use On-Demand. That's probably their logic.
Old 27-03-2022, 18:35   #339
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Older demographics are more likely to use +1s and Drama has an older demographic than Dave. Dave viewers are more likely to use On-Demand. That's probably their logic.
As I am in a "older demographic" (Older then over 30s) I do watch Drama more then Dave.
Old 28-03-2022, 15:10   #340
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

24 hours slots:
-Old 5Select slot on COM4
-Old Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4
-Old RT slot on COM6
-Old Ideal World Extra slot on Local Mux

Part time slots:
-Smithsonian Channel slot on COM5 (3am to 7am only)
-Jewellery Maker/PBS slot on COM6 (5am to 8am only)

All information right as of March 28th.

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview by July 2022.

SD:

FreeSports
Quest Red+1
Now 80s
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Forces TV
Together TV

HD:

Quest HD
BBC NEWS HD
BBC FOUR HD
CBeebies HD

Plus Talk TV is set to launch on April 25th on Freeview.

So I think a following may happen (My own views):
TalkTV may launch on COM4
NOW 80s may move to COM6
Forces TV may move to COM4
FreeSports may move to LTV Mux
Together TV may move to COM5 broadcasting from 3am to 7am.

I think That's TV UK will stay on Freeview but only via IPTV (Line up is the same as That's TV Local anyway.)

I think it safe to say the following is set to close on Freeview:

Quest Red+1
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Forces TV
Quest HD
BBC NEWS HD
BBC FOUR HD
CBeebies HD

What’s changing on April 25th:

New Channel Launches
Channel Name - Channel Number

TalkTV - Ch tbc

All information is right as of March 28th.
Old 28-03-2022, 22:25   #341
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Together TV has moved to the old RT HD slot on Com 7, presumably until it closes at the end ofJune:

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/together-m...-freeview-slot

What happened to the part time slot from 11pm?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2022, 00:58   #342
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Xpandad TV has moved to Com6 to timeshare with Ideal World now starting at mid
night.
Old 29-03-2022, 11:35   #343
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Together TV has moved to the old RT HD slot on Com 7, presumably until it closes at the end ofJune:

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/together-m...-freeview-slot

What happened to the part time slot from 11pm?
There was a gap on the old Together TV stream on COM5 that disappeared as Drama+1 is apparently 24hrs.

Xpanded moved from the 3am-7am Smithsonian Channel slot on COM5 to the Midnight to 7am gap on Ideal World's stream on COM6.

Smithsonian Channel Freeview EPG data at time of writing suggests it is retaining its 7am-3am hours though it could now go 24hrs now Xpanded has moved. Smithsonian Channel is 24hrs on other platforms.

http://www.xhxf.uk/timeshares/
Old 29-03-2022, 15:30   #344
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
There was a gap on the old Together TV stream on COM5 that disappeared as Drama+1 is apparently 24hrs.

Xpanded moved from the 3am-7am Smithsonian Channel slot on COM5 to the Midnight to 7am gap on Ideal World's stream on COM6.

Smithsonian Channel Freeview EPG data at time of writing suggests it is retaining its 7am-3am hours though it could now go 24hrs now Xpanded has moved. Smithsonian Channel is 24hrs on other platforms.

As seen on my TV

Xpanded WAS timeshare with TWO Channels up to yesterday.

1. Together TV 12am to 3am
2. Then moved over to Smithsonian Channel slot from 3am-7am.

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

24 hours slots:
-Old Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4 - Brandstv is set to launch soon on this slot.
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

All information right as of March 29th.

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview by July 2022.

SD:

FreeSports
Quest Red+1
Now 80s
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Forces TV
Together TV

HD:

Quest HD
BBC NEWS HD
BBC FOUR HD
CBeebies HD

Plus Brandstv and Talk TV is both set to launch by April 26th on Freeview.

-TalkTV may launch on COM4
-Brandstv is set to launch soon on Create and Craft Extra old slot on COM4

-NOW 80s or Forces TV or FreeSports may move to COM6
-NOW 80s or Forces TV or FreeSports may move to LTV Mux
-Together TV may move to COM5 broadcasting from 3am to 7am.

I think That's TV UK will stay on Freeview but only via IPTV (Line up is the same as That's TV Local anyway.)

-NOW 80s*
-Forces TV*
-FreeSports*
-Quest Red+1
-More4+1
-PBS America+1
-That's TV (UK)
-Quest HD
-BBC NEWS HD
-BBC FOUR HD
-CBeebies HD

*If any of them do not get one of a two FREE Slots on Freeview (COM6 and LTV Mux).

What’s changing by April 26th:

New Channel Launches
Launch Date - Channel Name - Channel Number

Apr. TBC - Brandstv - Channel 95
Apr. 25th - TalkTV - Channel TBC

All information is right as of March 29th.

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Quote:

When COM7 closes I think Together TV will move back to COM5 and timeshare with Smithsonian Channel broadcasting from 3am to 7am.

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Do anyone know a viewing numbers for:

-Great! TV
-Great! Movies Classic
-Tiny Pop/ Great! Movies+1?

Here thinking out of the box (By me).

-Tiny Pop moves to COM6 and broadcasting from 5am to 8am.
-Great! Movies+1 moves to Manchester multiplex to timeshare with Pop Max
-That will make room for NOW 80s, Forces TV and FreeSports to all keep broadcasting.
Old 29-03-2022, 17:52   #345
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
As seen on my TV

Xpanded WAS timeshare with TWO Channels up to yesterday.

1. Together TV 12am to 3am
2. Then moved over to Smithsonian Channel slot from 3am-7am.

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

24 hours slots:
-Old Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4 - Brandstv is set to launch soon on this slot.
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

All information right as of March 29th.

SD:

FreeSports
Quest Red+1
Now 80s
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Forces TV
Together TV

HD:

Quest HD
BBC NEWS HD
BBC FOUR HD
CBeebies HD

Plus Brandstv and Talk TV is both set to launch by April 26th on Freeview.

-TalkTV may launch on COM4
-Brandstv is set to launch soon on Create and Craft Extra old slot on COM4

-NOW 80s or Forces TV or FreeSports may move to COM6
-NOW 80s or Forces TV or FreeSports may move to LTV Mux
-Together TV may move to COM5 broadcasting from 3am to 7am.

-NOW 80s*
-Forces TV*
-FreeSports*
-Quest Red+1
-More4+1
-PBS America+1
-That's TV (UK)
-Quest HD
-BBC NEWS HD
-BBC FOUR HD
-CBeebies HD

*If any of them do not get one of a two FREE Slots on Freeview (COM6 and LTV Mux).

What’s changing by April 26th:

New Channel Launches
Launch Date - Channel Name - Channel Number

Apr. TBC - Brandstv - Channel 95
Apr. 25th - TalkTV - Channel TBC

All information is right as of March 29th.

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

When COM7 closes I think Together TV will move back to COM5 and timeshare with Smithsonian Channel broadcasting from 3am to 7am.

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Do anyone know a viewing numbers for:

-Great! TV
-Great! Movies Classic
-Tiny Pop/ Great! Movies+1?

Here thinking out of the box (By me).

-Tiny Pop moves to COM6 and broadcasting from 5am to 8am.
-Great! Movies+1 moves to Manchester multiplex to timeshare with Pop Max
-That will make room for NOW 80s, Forces TV and FreeSports to all keep broadcasting.
Xpanded2 wasn't on the same multiplex as Xpanded. It shared with Great! Movies Action on COM4 and closed in mid December. https://rxtvinfo.com/freeview-updates

BARB website unfortunately stopped providing new Channel Share Ratings from 3rd January but Great! TV (0.17), Great! Movies Classic (0.26) and Tiny Pop (0.13 unusual as normally in 0.20 range) were all individually getting at least double/triple the ratings of each of Now80s (0.07), ForcesTV (0.04) & FreeSports (0.06) I think Narrative Entertainment UK's (who own Great! And Pop channels) output has got much more justification to remain where they are.
TogetherTV(0.05) BTW.

BARB website was still providing free Top 10s for individual channels, but I've always found channel share more useful as it covers entire output as, for example, two channels could have similar ratings for their Top10 broadcasts but the rest of the time have wildly different ratings.