Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 26-11-2018, 18:38   #5701
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
24*7 news is a big problem in this regard, as well the competition between the papers.
Reporting the news is no longer enough, it's about having headlines that make people buy the paper.
"Limited chance of your child meeting a paedophile" won't sell as many papers as "3,000,000 paedophiles are waiting around the corner to grab your child!"
Spot on Mr LM.
Old 29-11-2018, 21:17   #5702
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The unfit for purpose Highways agency (or whatever its called)

At work listening to Radio 5 Live and it tell me the M11 is shut in both directions between my home (J7) and work (J8).

I look on the AA site to confirm this.

I drop someone off and then normally drive back to the M11.

As I go past the junction there is no police or anyone blocking the slip road and the matrix board is off, and I can see cars driving down the "Closed" M11.

I took the back way and traffic was murder on the country roads.

The last time I got caught out it took me 3 hours to go 5 miles,
Old 01-12-2018, 14:26   #5703
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

People who use every trick in the book to try and make you feel bad about yourself even though 98% of people in your life tell you that your doing great there is that 2% that try and make you feel like shit for changing to better your life and families!

The best advice I was ever given was that (Remember nobody can manipulate you without your consent and cooperation) only you allow this to happen and only you can change it, if these people have a problem with being told no then it's their problem not yours.

I was put to the test this week and as usual this person tried to use their old tactics of emotional blackmail but I was strong enough to say no, so maybe this should be a happy thought but inside I do feel slightly bad at saying no even though I have a legitimate reason at saying no and if I said yes my son and I would have been the one's to suffer as it's his school service that day and he really wants me to be there.

I need to remember that I offered this person a solution by saying that hubby would take a holiday and take them but no they would rather get the bus (IMO this is emotional blackmail)

I just can't go back to being expected to do everything as it is mine who suffer and I will not allow that to happen again EVER!

Rant over...
Old 02-12-2018, 18:17   #5704
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Bloody electricity smart meter remote display thingy. Keeps rebooting and not displaying what I want it to. (Current watts) Going to dump the piece of crap in the lecky cupboard uncharged and dead. I'd like to execute it with a large lump hammer but guess I can't.

I have my own monitor that gives far more info.
Old 02-12-2018, 19:06   #5705
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Bloody electricity smart meter remote display thingy. Keeps rebooting and not displaying what I want it to. (Current watts) Going to dump the piece of crap in the lecky cupboard uncharged and dead. I'd like to execute it with a large lump hammer but guess I can't.

I have my own monitor that gives far more info.
Thank goodness I have not got one
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 19:55   #5706
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

To be fair, the basic smart meter installation (Electric) is pretty accurate as cross checked on my NAMAS traceable kit. It's the consumer display part that is total rubbish.

It'll die in the cupboard. Good riddance.
Old 03-12-2018, 17:59   #5707
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

My moan...Not having the CF Christmas theme already and missing the moaning that goes with it.
Old 03-12-2018, 18:02   #5708
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
My moan...Not having the CF Christmas theme already and missing the moaning that goes with it.
Don't speak too soon peanut.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:54   #5709
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

The wireless doorbell has given up the ghost... so I've had to buy a new one.
It's going to be delivered today... I just hope I hear them knock...
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:07   #5710
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
The wireless doorbell has given up the ghost... so I've had to buy a new one.
It's going to be delivered today... I just hope I hear them knock...
Is anybody there?

Knock once for yes, twice for no...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 13:08   #5711
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

We've been without hot water and central heating since last Wednesday, had to wait for spare parts for boiler brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! We are now £220 worse off. Next Mr T thinks he has shingles, his 1.30pm Doctor's appointment will confirm...............they say things come in 3s.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 14:12   #5712
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
We've been without hot water and central heating since last Wednesday, had to wait for spare parts for boiler brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! We are now £220 worse off. Next Mr T thinks he has shingles, his 1.30pm Doctor's appointment will confirm...............they say things come in 3s.
l hope things pick up for you both very soon Tinky as lets hope this is the end of it all.
Old 10-12-2018, 14:15   #5713
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Hope things get sorted quickly Tinky.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 17:59   #5714
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Thank you Den and Nash. Thankfully Mr T does not have shingles. We have a nice warm house again and I won £50 on the bandit, happy, happy.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 18:41   #5715
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Good news Tinky Last thing you need is family illness over the festive period.