Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Deals for exisiting customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Deals for exisiting customers

Old 01-10-2020, 22:35   #31
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts
Re: Deals for exisiting customers

I was on VIP last year. Phone dup to order mobiles for family and offered the ultimate oomph for £99. Took that. Contract was up in August and was offered the same for £105 this time around. I'm happy with it. I had cancelled my £10 SIM anyway last year so I was still £4 up :-)

I checked Sky (with new customer deals in August) + BT and even combining the two so we could have BT Sport also, cheapest I could get was no where near the £105 Virgin were offering so stuck with them.
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2020, 20:54   #32
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

I had a deal with Virgin which recently ended. I had the top TVs package, Sky & BT sports - no movies, broadband and phone with call package.

When the deal finished my £94pm suddenly became over £130pm - extortionate.

Anyway, I have returned to Sky - got the same for £95 and got a skyQ 2Tb box foc.

Since cancelling Virgin I have had several calls asking why I left, shame they didn't offer me a deal when my previous one ended - I might of stayed.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 14:34   #33
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts

My deal went up to £70+ last year so I called and said I had an offer from Sky for £52 and they matched this for 12 months
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 00:10   #34
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by progers View Post
My deal went up to £70+ last year so I called and said I had an offer from Sky for £52 and they matched this for 12 months
I don't like doing that - you should not have to beg/lie to get a deal, there should be a price take it or leave it irrelevant whether you are a new customer or have been with them for 20 years,

Too many companies rip-off their long standing customers

I will try virgin again in 18 months to see if they will beat Sky's offer
Old 04-10-2020, 02:33   #35
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

how long does it take to get through to retentions? i used to email or text but i just get ignored now.
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:54   #36
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Usually about 1 minute on the 'phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
how long does it take to get through to retentions? i used to email or text but i just get ignored now.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 22:31   #37
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I don't like doing that - you should not have to beg/lie to get a deal, there should be a price take it or leave it irrelevant whether you are a new customer or have been with them for 20 years,

Too many companies rip-off their long standing customers

I will try virgin again in 18 months to see if they will beat Sky's offer
I wasn’t telling a lie, if they hadn’t matched it I was off to Sky
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 18:58   #38
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by progers View Post
I wasn’t telling a lie, if they hadn’t matched it I was off to Sky
I wasn't suggesting you lied (although some do) - just think there should be a price for each package, take it or leave it.

I deplore haggling - I'm sure I have paid extra because of this but also saved by not buying something I considered too expensive.
Old 07-10-2020, 23:16   #39
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Was on an old package called up yesterday and asked for Sky Sports and all my add ons to be retained and came away paying £5 less with everything added. Well happy.
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 15:02   #40
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the ultimate oomph package just before Black Friday last year for £75.Will need to ring up soon and negotiate a new deal.Will probably drop down and try and get something close to my previous package.Haven't really used Sky films but have watched a lot of footie lately.I must admit,I don't like ringing up for deals,but if you don't,you end up paying top dollar.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 17:15   #41
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them
Smile Re: Deals for exisiting customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP View Post
Was paying £99 for "free" phone calls, top BB and TV without sports / movies. Seven months ago was offered Movies for free for 6 months. When that expired i cancelled it. Two weeks later offered Sky Sports (not HD), Movies and SIM with 5Gb data a month for an extra £3pm. Now paying £102pm.

I would suggest not opting out of VM's marketing calls......you never know what you may be offered!!
How time flies!!

Phoned to give them 30 days notice. To remove Sky Sports and Movies the new contract would cost me £112pm

Declined that offer so was transferred to retentions. New fixed 18 month contract including sports and Movies at £106pm Just treated that as the annual increase i didn't have to suffer in July! All sorted within 15 minutes
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 22:38   #42
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP View Post
How time flies!!

Phoned to give them 30 days notice. To remove Sky Sports and Movies the new contract would cost me £112pm

Declined that offer so was transferred to retentions. New fixed 18 month contract including sports and Movies at £106pm Just treated that as the annual increase i didn't have to suffer in July! All sorted within 15 minutes
Read the small print, it probably states that the 'fixed price' doesn't stop them adding the annual increase.
Old 10-10-2020, 13:40   #43
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Read the small print, it probably states that the 'fixed price' doesn't stop them adding the annual increase.
Yep I have!

Told in the phone call and confirmed in the contract - all good!
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 13:53   #44
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The website now says this for the 18 month contracts

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop
Quote:
Your price will not increase during the minimum period except for broadband only packages.
Old 16-10-2020, 10:12   #45
Aldair
cf.member

Aldair is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The website now says this for the 18 month contracts

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop
Be careful with Virgin Media fixed price contracts. Just agreed new 18 month fixed price contract through Retentions. Reading through Terms and Conditions linked to Contract does not explicitly state no price rises during 18 month minimum period. Spoke with overseas call centre who confirmed that price will remain the same over the minimum period. They put this on my notes but would not state in writing.

Called UK Retentions this morning who told me that I was on 18 month fixed price contract. It would not increase over the next year and Virgin Media were sending out letters to inform customers they would not be increasing prices. But, any future increases will apply to this “fixed price” contract and I could cancel with 30 days notice. I explained the meaning of a fixed price contract but was told that is not how Virgin Media work. It is a fixed price until Virgin Media decide to cancel the contract and introduce a price increase. Oh, they confirmed from notes that overseas call centre had told me there would be no increases for the duration of the contract!
Aldair is offline   Reply With Quote