Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 14-12-2013, 12:57   #4096
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

No Halsey again so hopefully that's the end of that. The number is back though.
Old 14-12-2013, 13:03   #4097
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well you can't have everything your own way Andy.
Old 14-12-2013, 13:51   #4098
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well you can't have everything your own way Andy.
I know, sigh!

I wouldn't mind but if you play it from my shows it's still live and there's no number. I just don't see the point when there is such an obvious workaround.
Old 14-12-2013, 14:01   #4099
JustaBloke

No 5.1 soundtrack today, only PCM I notice, wonder why?
Old 14-12-2013, 18:43   #4100
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

When did BT Sports start showing your box number during matches?
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 19:01   #4101
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlam View Post
When did BT Sports start showing your box number during matches?
Several weeks ago from what l can remember.
Old 14-12-2013, 19:02   #4102
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Several weeks ago from what l can remember.
Thanks. Today was the first I noticed it, and I was quite surprised. It is going to start to become the norm then?
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2013, 07:22   #4103
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlam View Post
Thanks. Today was the first I noticed it, and I was quite surprised. It is going to start to become the norm then?
Sorry to say but in my humble opinion its here to stay.
Old 15-12-2013, 12:36   #4104
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sorry to say but in my humble opinion its here to stay.
Must be honest and say I have yet to see the numbers on BT Sport,only ones I`ve seen are on SKY Sports channels. As for how well BT are doing I have to say I am surprised they are doing so well. I agree about Michael Owen being bland and Mark Halsley being poor though.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2013, 13:56   #4105
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Must be honest and say I have yet to see the numbers on BT Sport,only ones I`ve seen are on SKY Sports channels. As for how well BT are doing I have to say I am surprised they are doing so well. I agree about Michael Owen being bland and Mark Halsley being poor though.
Apparently Halsey has been pulled after a book and a newspaper column where he criticised some other refs. Which is unbelievable if true, because that's the one thing he was completely incapable of in the commentary box.
Old 18-12-2013, 13:58   #4106
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Ref Comment was one of the few interesting things on BT Sport commentary.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 21:52   #4107
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Not against the idea, but they got the wrong man. I give them top marks for trying to be innovative.
Old 19-12-2013, 17:57   #4108
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Yeah the idea was fine but the wrong choice. You want a ex ref who isn`t afraid to say when a ref has made an error. Full marks to BT though for giving it a go. Now BT lets see an end to the `experiment` of the score and logo at the bottom of the screen!
Old 19-12-2013, 18:14   #4109
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

telegramsam, l agree 100% with your comment of the Logo, it go to the top of the screen like everything else.

As anyone noticed that the ' numbers ' on Sky Sports has now been moved from the bottom left of the screen, to the top right of the screen. Good idea.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 18:26   #4110
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
telegramsam, l agree 100% with your comment of the Logo, it go to the top of the screen like everything else.

As anyone noticed that the ' numbers ' on Sky Sports has now been moved from the bottom left of the screen, to the top right of the screen. Good idea.
The numbers have always been at the top right on sky,only virgin customers had them at the bottom.