Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 14-08-2013, 19:02   #3346
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
You joined Sky yet Arthur?
No he has not and he won't.
Old 14-08-2013, 19:10   #3347
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I can answer that question in 2.

I have no complaints about Sky, IF, BT Sports is not on VM i will put BT Sports on the Freesat channel (yes l know l said l would get it on Sky, but paying £12 is cheaper than paying 30 to go to WHL).

In all the time l was with Sky, l complained only TWICE in ten years, l had a dish problem.

With VM l was complaining about loss of picture,sound etc, and poor boxes, and that was within a couple of months.

Sky wins hands down in my opion.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 19:13   #3348
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

I have no complaints about Sky, IF, BT Sports is not on VM i will put BT Sports on the Freesat channel (yes l know l said l would get it on Sky, but paying £12 is cheaper than paying 30 to go to WHL).

In all the time l was with Sky, l complained only TWICE in ten years, l had a dish problem.

With VM l was complaining about loss of picture,sound etc, and poor boxes, and that was within a couple of months.

But didn't you go to Sky recently and then cancel and come back to VM, or am I mistaken?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 19:16   #3349
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
More the merrier and im sure we can sort his issues out, we welcome him

Then i will tell him its installation issues and to complain as not installed correctly
That old chesnut haha
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 19:16   #3350
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
But didn't you go to Sky recently and then cancel and come back to VM, or am I mistaken?
From what l can remember that is indeed the case.
Old 14-08-2013, 19:24   #3351
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
he did
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 19:48   #3352
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

It's not about price, it's about value. About £45 a month will get you a Sky and BT Sport subscription in HD. Great. But the same money buys you a couple of pints in the Bill Nic and a seat behind the goal in the South upper. Cancel your sport subs and go to one game a month with the money you save! Go on, you know it makes sense!
Old 14-08-2013, 19:51   #3353
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
It's not about price, it's about value. About £45 a month will get you a Sky and BT Sport subscription in HD. Great. But the same money buys you a couple of pints in the Bill Nic and a seat behind the goal in the South upper. Cancel your sport subs and go to one game a month with the money you save! Go on, you know it makes sense!
One game? And miss all the other games?

Of course, BBC does do a great highlights show...which was always been my fallback position
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 19:57   #3354
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
One game? And miss all the other games?

Of course, BBC does do a great highlights show...which jas always been my fallback position
If Arthur's concern is that a match ticket is £30 then yes, one game a month. Factor in MOTD and the match every 2 days available free to air as evidenced by Chad's excellent thread, and I reckon he'll be having a much better time, plus he'll be supporting the club he loves. And (whisper it in case Den is listening) the Bill Nicholson pub has nice ladies dancing on the bar too!!!
Old 14-08-2013, 20:03   #3355
denphone
Still alive and fighting

The all seeing eye sees and hears everything.
Old 14-08-2013, 20:04   #3356
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Old 14-08-2013, 20:05   #3357
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
an eye with ears...that is some sight to see
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 21:16   #3358
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
an eye with ears...that is some sight to see
The NSAye.
Old 14-08-2013, 22:39   #3359
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

If VM get BT sports it better be at no extra cost if they are adding this into the existing main package. I dont want BT sport and dont need BT sport so why should i have to pay more if they put it in the xl package and up the price. I will move providers if they force this on us and increase the cost.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 22:56   #3360
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32 View Post
I found it very easy,BT emailed me with the offer,I filled in my Sky viewing card number and when the launch date arrived it was there,the only gripe I have is you can only have it on one box and I have multi-room,ah well....
I am talking about the online app. I don't have a Sky box, so I was only after the online app ATM.

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

Are we any wiser to whether or not BT Sports will be launching on VM in the next day or two?
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote