Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 11-07-2013, 22:37   #2566
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

The BT Premiership line up is really disappointing, as there isn't much difference between theirs and ESPN, apart from the kick off times. They surely didn't have first choice, or if they did; the person who chose the line up, should be sacked.
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2013, 23:04   #2567
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlam View Post
The BT Premiership line up is really disappointing, as there isn't much difference between theirs and ESPN, apart from the kick off times. They surely didn't have first choice, or if they did; the person who chose the line up, should be sacked.
I agree. Only 3 games per month. That equates to just 4 and a half hours of actual Premiership game time for your £12.00, or £15.00 if you take HD. Why all the fuss and excitement? I know there are other sports on the channels but BT are pushing their Premiership rights first and foremost.

I'm beginning to think BT Sports is a rip off. I had ESPN with Virgin as it was free with XL. I took ESPN with SKY because I'm getting my TV and broadband for half price. SKY Sports, Boxnation and sport free on terrestrial TV will do me fine.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 23:12   #2568
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

For me the only thing that really interests me about BT Sports, is the amount of Worldwide football that will be on show.
Old 11-07-2013, 23:28   #2569
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
For me the only thing that really interests me about BT Sports, is the amount of Worldwide football that will be on show.
I agree for world wide football, and rugby coverage, BT Sports looks fantastic. If however you only really follow Premiership football it's not such great value, in my opinion.
Old 11-07-2013, 23:30   #2570
Lostlam
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I agree for world wide football, and rugby coverage, BT Sports looks fantastic. If however you only really follow Premiership football it's not such great value, in my opinion.
Totally agree mate. If you are after Prem footie only, there is only one place to be.
Old 12-07-2013, 00:15   #2571
Chad
cf.mega poster

If you don't have SKY or BT Sports there is plenty of free to air football from the middle of July to the end of August.

17th July - Cliftonville v Celtic - Champions League Qualifier - 19:45 - BBC Scotland
28th July - Albion Rovers v Rangers - Ramsdens Cup - 16:05 - BBC ALBA
11th Aug - Man Utd v Wigan Athletic - FA Community Shield - 14:00 - ITV
14th Aug - England v Scotland - International Friendly - 20:00 - ITV
16th Aug - Partick Thistle v Hearts - SPL - 19:45 - BBC ALBA
17th Aug - Leeds United v Sheffield Wednesday - Championship - 12:15 - Pick TV
17th Aug - Swansea City v Man Utd - Premier League - 17:30 - Pick TV
30th Aug - Bayern Munich v Chelsea - UEFA Super Cup - 19:45 ITV

For free that is a very good line up. A bit of everything really.
Old 12-07-2013, 00:54   #2572
Jameseh

Quote:
Totally agree mate. If you are after Prem footie only, there is only one place to be.
New Zealand, so you can watch all 380 games?

http://www.premierleaguepass.com/
Old 12-07-2013, 09:21   #2573
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
they cant tell people to the deal is done Arthur the ESPN one was not done to late July might be sane here
Yes but it is an Arthur post and we know these well and love them!
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:17   #2574
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Countdown = 20 days
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:26   #2575
Doug P
Inactive

Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

20 days in which to enjoy the rest of the Tour de France in HD on Eurosport, Glorious Goodwood in HD on C4 and the Ashes in HD on Sky Sports!

Then wait for the new football season on Sky and various other channels!
Old 12-07-2013, 10:28   #2576
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Countdown = 20 days
Oh dear Mr Stokes you will have to do better then that.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:42   #2577
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Oh dear Mr Stokes you will have to do better then that.
I will do, when it countdown reaches 1 day
Old 12-07-2013, 10:44   #2578
Doug P
Inactive

Countdown isn't bad with that Nick Hewer off The Apprentice... :-)
Old 12-07-2013, 10:48   #2579
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Countdown isn't bad with that Nick Hewer off The Apprentice... :-)
Or Rachael Riley
Old 12-07-2013, 11:59   #2580
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I will do, when it countdown reaches 1 day
Perhaps this might put you out of your misery long before that.